New Chris Evans Lottery Show

JEFF62JEFF62 Posts: 5,100
Forum Member
All week the new Lotto show hosted by Chris Evans has been promoted as some kind of huge new Saturday night spectacular. Chris Evans returns to live saturday night tv in a new show bringing back the glory days of dont forget your toothbrush according to the hype.I thought it couldnt be that exciting when I realised its only 15 mins long. What a load of rubbish. The exciting new 49 to 1 game was just an announcement of who has matched which numbers. Lets hope tIn It To Win It comes back soon.

Comments

• soupnazisoupnazi Posts: 1,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Laughable how in interviews Evans said he was going to make the Lottery show more of a "show". Well based on last night, he's completely failed.

But in truth, we just want the numbers. The packaging is utterly pointless
  • LakeukLakeuk Posts: 1,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marketing going OTT promoting the 10 minute segment, it'll be no different than current draw just a different presenter.

The game show format in this timeslot have always been a failure as they been dreamt up with promoting the lottery in mind and under delivered as a result
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Inexplicable that the BBC put Evans on TV at all. First he ruins TOS on Fridays with his constant gurning, hogging the camera and trying (unsuccessfully) to direct from the studio floor.Now he sets about demolishing the Lottery draw.I assume this means the BBC's association with Camelot is drawing to an end (and I don't mean the Camelot in Merlin).
  • anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just another good reason not to watch this drivel. An ego-maniac on the loose again!
  • pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Finally, they have realised people want to tune in, see the draw and that's it. So that's kinda what they have done. A minute or two of introduction and chatting with Chris then on to the lotto draw. Thank God! I bet they don't do this next Saturday though. They have also scrapped the Wednesday TV broadcast of the draw too I believe. It's now Saturday only and thankfully no game show designed around it.
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paddy C wrote: »
    Finally, they have realised people want to tune in, see the draw and that's it. So that's kinda what they have done. A minute or two of introduction and chatting with Chris then on to the lotto draw. Thank God! I bet they don't do this next Saturday though. They have also scrapped the Wednesday TV broadcast of the draw too I believe. It's now Saturday only and thankfully no game show designed around it.

Just a ten-minute results programme next Saturday
  • JEFF62JEFF62 Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member
    They definitely haven't scrapped the longer game shows because I saw an advert recently asking for contestants for In It To Win It and Who Dares WIns so they rea coming back at some point.
  • CarlLewisCarlLewis Posts: 6,233
    Forum Member
    JEFF62 wrote: »
    They definitely haven't scrapped the longer game shows because I saw an advert recently asking for contestants for In It To Win It and Who Dares WIns so they rea coming back at some point.

Good.
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    did that audience really just come out on a Saturday night for a 15 minute programme
  • Rowan HedgeRowan Hedge Posts: 3,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JEFF62 wrote: »

I'm not being nasty but will Winton be able to present because his recent pics suggest he is ill.
  • pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do like In It To Win It and Secret Fortune but would prefer if they were standalone gameshows that didn't have to stop to go over to "Lottery HQ" and disrupting the flow of the show. Make them separate shows so people who want to watch the gameshow itself can, and those that just want the numbers know when to tune in.
    I'm not being nasty but will Winton be able to present because his recent pics suggest he is ill.
    The last few series of the show which are currently showing on Challenge, Dale looked to be getting bigger with every series, so perhaps he has just slimmed down instead of actually being ill?
  • FM LoverFM Lover Posts: 50,804
    Forum Member
    did that audience really just come out on a Saturday night for a 15 minute programme

Perhaps they borrowed them from Strictly during the break?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paddy C wrote: »
    Finally, they have realised people want to tune in, see the draw and that's it.

Actually they don't.

Many people watch the game show and fast forward over the draw. The draw is only of interest if you have a ticket. The overwhelming majority of the public don't

If you want to know the numbers, you can get them off the website
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The singalong lottery advert on TV is nauseating.
    Ooooh Wacado what a day. Gilbert O'Sullivan song ?
  • hibbychubbshibbychubbs Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    on the plus side it will keep the incredibly dull odd job man off the TV Nick Knowles has to be the most boring presenter on tv
  • NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,985
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I didn’t see it, but was it a real audience? Did you actually see them? It’s normally a canned applause on the Lottery draw shows. It was coming live from Pinewood Studios though.
  • spikeyrobertospikeyroberto Posts: 766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NOT ONE thing about the show was entertaining..I didn't really see the point of it and why on earth have an audience?? Very bizarre
    It was a real audience as my friend was meant to be in it but got turned away as they had too many people
  • Rowan HedgeRowan Hedge Posts: 3,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sales are down I believe so how long till the whole mess gets tweaked again?

And if one more person at work tries to guilt trip me with the 'good causes are loosing out' bile I will not be responsible for my actions, if good cause loose out the diddums I'm not spending double to win nowt.
  • niceguy1966niceguy1966 Posts: 29,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    anne_666 wrote: »
    Just another good reason not to watch this drivel. An ego-maniac on the loose again!

He did seem to think it was the Chris Evens show. Quite sad really.
  • NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,985
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its very strange that this programme had an audience, apart from the draws there is no entertainment value. And next week it has a 9 minute running time. I like Chris Evans, but can’t see why anyone would want to be in the audience for this.

Does anyone else think this is just another part of the BBCs plan to make Chris Evans a major television star again, maybe with his own Saturday night entertainment show or maybe his own talk show. I appreciate that a lot of people don’t like him, but from a business point of view such a plan would make sense. He has almost 10 million listeners on Radio 2, why not try and replicate that on television. If he did a chat show with half that number of viewers, it would be the most watched chat show on TV right now. It may or may not be a successful plan, but I can’t blame the BBC for attempting it.
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just a big name tagged onto a lame revamp. I don't mind Chris Evans, but some sort of quiz rather than an half arsed publicity stunt.
  • square_eyessquare_eyes Posts: 7,559
    Forum Member
    It was awful, especially with his pathetic antics of trying to get into every shot when the draw was running. Bring back Jenni Falconer :D
  • spikeyrobertospikeyroberto Posts: 766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It would be better to bring back Mr Blobby and the gunge tank to be honest
  • PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I quite like "in it to win it" :o
  • FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    I've never watched one Lottery TV show!

I used to get the numbers from ceefax or teletext!
    Now I get them online.