Options

If Len left, who would be head judge?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Steve9214Steve9214 Posts: 8,406
    Forum Member
    The obvious choice of an "outsider" would be Keith or Judy Clifton.

Yes there is a family connection to the Pro dancers on the show, but they are not judging the Pro dancers, just the celeb.

Personally I would like to see a former World 10-Dance champion as head judge, Iveta Lukosiute. Her inate charm and mangled English would be a winning combination.
  • Options
    sunnymegsunnymeg Posts: 1,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the public will want a head judge that they know, as Strictly is such an established show these days. I would make Craig head judge and then try and get Adam Garcia, who judges on Australia's DWTS to become the fourth panel member. Now Sky has cancelled 'Got to Dance' there isn't a conflict of interest for him to judge Strictly.
  • Options
    MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Steve9214 wrote: »
    The obvious choice of an "outsider" would be Keith or Judy Clifton.

Yes there is a family connection to the Pro dancers on the show, but they are not judging the Pro dancers, just the celeb.

There just aren't enough Cliftons on the show. I want to see uncle Bernie Clifton complete with Oswald the ostrich (pro and celeb all in one!).

Cousin Pete Clifton, executive producer at MSN, could replace Ola - he must be an improvement; he's a Clifton!

Brother-in-law Postman Pat (Clifton) could take over from Dave Arch.

Even as we speak, arrangements are afoot to disinter great uncle Clifton (Webb) to take over from Aljaz, Tristan, and Trent, an easy task for him as he actually started his career as a professional ballroom dancer.

Finally, nephew Shaw Clifton, General Secretary of the Salvation Army, will pass among the audience rattling a collection tin and giving voice to The Ballroom Experience Song.
  • Options
    holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think in the event of a tie the studio audience should vote to decide the winner.
  • Options
    CaroUKCaroUK Posts: 6,354
    Forum Member
    As I've said before - Craig actually knows eff all about ballroom dancing, and it shows in some of his critiques (note Len pulled him up on the advice he gave to Alison and Alijaz last week). He does a great job on performance and potential refinements, but there is no way he should be "Head Judge" on Strictly because of that.

James Jordan wasn't the only pro to question his comments and advice - so I don't think the pro dancers would be too happy if he was elevated to being Head Judge. they are all a million times more knowledgeable than he is, and it would be galling to be pulled apart by him when he doesn't really know his backside from his elbow!
  • Options
    Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CaroUK wrote: »
    As I've said before - Craig actually knows eff all about ballroom dancing, and it shows in some of his critiques (note Len pulled him up on the advice he gave to Alison and Alijaz last week). He does a great job on performance and potential refinements, but there is no way he should be "Head Judge" on Strictly because of that.

James Jordan wasn't the only pro to question his comments and advice - so I don't think the pro dancers would be too happy if he was elevated to being Head Judge. they are all a million times more knowledgeable than he is, and it would be galling to be pulled apart by him when he doesn't really know his backside from his elbow!

Are you sure?
  • Options
    nyannienyannie Posts: 8,536
    Forum Member
    Craig. he should be head judge now. He is the only judge who scores correctly and speaks any sense.

Agree wholeheartedly.

However, you could just add another judge and that would solve the problem.
  • Options
    Spin turnSpin turn Posts: 1,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you sure?

I'm sure. Just because Craig uses the full range of paddles (as pointed out out by many) doesn't mean he uses them correctly. He rarely says anything that is particularly perceptive, in my view, although he is entertaining. Bruno on the other hand does come out with the odd perceptive comment in between all the fooling around.
  • Options
    mimi dlcmimi dlc Posts: 13,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Steve9214 wrote: »

Personally I would like to see a former World 10-Dance champion as head judge, Iveta Lukosiute. Her inate charm and mangled English would be a winning combination.

Yes please!
    I wonder if her Judging outfits would be as awesome as her training outfits?
  • Options
    nataliannatalian Posts: 4,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Historically, when Len has been absent, it has been Craig who has been 'head' judge so logically it would either be Craig or whoever replaces Len.

I would imagine that they would replace Len with someone else from the ballroom/latin world so whoever that is (I would have Ian Waite personally) would be infinitely more qualified to be 'head' judge than Darcey, Craig or Bruno.
  • Options
    mimi dlcmimi dlc Posts: 13,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    natalian wrote: »
    Historically, when Len has been absent, it has been Craig who has been 'head' judge so logically it would either be Craig or whoever replaces Len.

I would imagine that they would replace Len with someone else from the ballroom/latin world so whoever that is (I would have Ian Waite personally) would be infinitely more qualified to be 'head' judge than Darcey, Craig or Bruno.

I'd love to have Ian Waite personally. But I doubt he'd want to have me...
  • Options
    tabithakittentabithakitten Posts: 13,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mimi dlc wrote: »

You could tie him down. But that wouldn't be dignified.
    On that topic, I'll have Artem back. As head judge obviously.
  • Options
    aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimi dlc wrote: »

You might find something in the IKEA catalogue ...
  • Options
    MayDMayD Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nyannie wrote: »
    Agree wholeheartedly.

However, you could just add another judge and that would solve the problem.

You really Donny wannae dae that :o

No baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaby :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Craig. He's the most consistent and honest.
  • Options
    penelopesimpsonpenelopesimpson Posts: 14,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Len is like Bruce. He believes it is his show and he will never leave
  • Options
    Frank MagFrank Mag Posts: 1,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Karen Hardy or Ian Waite
  • Options
    BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully none of them will replace Len as head judge. I'd rather Karen Hardy replaced Len if he leaves. But a tied vote should be decided by who got the most public votes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would love to see Anton presenting and Brendan judging as head judge. I reckon they'll have retired in the next couple of years.
  • Options
    alan29alan29 Posts: 34,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Craig and don't replace Len, just have three so no need for a casting vote.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 165
    Forum Member
    Perhaps someone who has had 'top level' dance experience, for example Donnie Burns - World Latin American Champion many, many times?
  • Options
    Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No need for head judge. Ian Waite to take his role. If it split decision should go to outcome of public vote.
  • Options
    F&CStrictlyBlogF&CStrictlyBlog Posts: 164
    Forum Member
    It's a no-brainer, surely? They should bring in Karen Hardy.

F&C
    www.frankieandcloverstrictly.blogspot.co.uk