Options

Corrie: Bingate

unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
Forum Member
✭✭✭
What a gripping and shocking new plot on Coronation Street, seems that everyone thought it was blue bin day but it was black bin day! What will happen? Will their black bins overflow? Will they get the right bin put out in time. Now I understand why it won the BAFTA

Comments

• Options
    CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Quite possibly THE best soap storyline since who shot JR! I was gripped from beginning to end! I don't think I can wait until Wednesday to find out which bin the Platt/Rodwells put out!!!
  • Options
    rollockingbatrollockingbat Posts: 1,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thought the script tonight was the least clunky and most natural it's been dialogue-wise for a while - up until the obsessive bin comments in the second episode. The only scene that was worth any of it was with Kevin and Julie.
  • Options
    billiobillio Posts: 3,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unless it is going to lead to someone looking in someone else's bin and finding something.
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is definitely on a par with EastEnders snake gate :D
  • Options
    Percy SugdenPercy Sugden Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    I really enjoyed it especially Julie busting Kev!
  • Options
    cashloot147cashloot147 Posts: 609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I enjoyed the light humour of bingate. My street had something similar after Christmas when we all got confused
  • Options
    Pop PrincessPop Princess Posts: 2,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was worth it only for the line "Emily's gone black". She'll be after Tony next.
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They keep persisting with these running jokes.

Norris' package, scotch eggs, the Manhattan range sofa, Ken's book (Anna Karanina?), bins.

None of them were funny.
  • Options
    unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm hoping it leads to the triumphant return of the legendary Trevor the binman.

*knock on Gail's door'
    Trevor: "You've left the wrong bin out love"
  • Options
    Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a "rubbish" plot.
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    What a "rubbish" plot.

I agree, it's a load of old garbage.
  • Options
    soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed it, it was funny, lighthearted, involved quite a lot of the community. it cant be wall to wall heavy storylines
  • Options
    Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree, it's a load of old garbage.
    Haha :)
  • Options
    chloedancerchloedancer Posts: 6,486
    Forum Member
    don't forget about the football manager being sacked saga.many were talking about that also.
  • Options
    Ex PatEx Pat Posts: 7,514
    Forum Member
    I didn't think Corrie could sink any lower but then this comes along.
    At this stage I'm beginning to think SB is involved in espionage.

At this rate, Corrie is heading for the landfill, along with rubbish.
  • Options
    mikebukmikebuk Posts: 18,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wanted to see Gary Neville discuss the tribulations at Weatherfield County tonight, but Arsenal's defeat took a greater importance.
  • Options
    Jack_ClintonJack_Clinton Posts: 2,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As well as Bingate, there was talk of Weatherfield County sacking the manager, and Tim and his 'fake' fifty pound note all in episode one. The Tony/Tracy buying the Rovers could not save a bad episode. I switched off as I preferred Sherlock on BBC Three.
  • Options
    Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    Ive heard its the start of a really big storyline thats going to shock us all.

Because everyone put the wrong bins out the street is going to be plagued by rats! Its going to see the bubonic plague return to england. Sean will be bitten by a rat as hes skuttling home at 3 in the morning after the bishop pops round to the vicars house to check theres no funny business going on.

Everyone avoids sean as they dont want to be infected but liz cant stand to see her best barman die alone so forces michelle to make contact with him.

Both of them are now infected and the disease takes hold. They both die.

Soon they are cremated and everyone who attends the ceremony breathes in the toxic fumes and also drop dead. Those scenes are yet to be filmed but you can vote on a premium line phone number for which characters you would like to see there!

Theyre on to a winner i think.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The compelling story of the different coloured bins which left Weatherfield confused...

Gripping stuff.
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soap-lea wrote: »
    I enjoyed it, it was funny, lighthearted, involved quite a lot of the community. it cant be wall to wall heavy storylines

We haven't had one of those since Rob was finally caught for killing Tina last autumn.
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I used to find little plots like this funny, but tonight seemed especially forced; we had the £50 note, bin gate and also the football manager being sacked.

When it was just Ken mentioning a few times in an episode about where his car was parked, that was fine.
  • Options
    West End BoyWest End Boy Posts: 870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What did we learn from tonights CS? The residents don't have a scooby when to put their wheelie bins out. I don't think the residents of Weatherfield know how to recycle, but then do they need to, when it is mainly chip paper and keebab cartons.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 419
    Forum Member
    it was dumb
  • Options
    MallyminxMallyminx Posts: 278
    Forum Member
    Wheely wheely dumb.
  • Options
    Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member
    What did we learn from tonights CS? The residents don't have a scooby when to put their wheelie bins out. I don't think the residents of Weatherfield know how to recycle, but then do they need to, when it is mainly chip paper and keebab cartons.

Really, the only relevance of tonights that I can remember is that Tony put the wheels in motion to buy Steve's share of the pub and Billy stood up to the bishop about his relationship with Sean.