Supernatural Season 7 - CW pace - Tagged Spoilers

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NinjyBear wrote: »
    I can wait.

I was reading through the old season 4 thread earlier today. Can't believe how much I used to look forward to each episode compared to now.

I hear you. It's sad how the show doesn't excite like it used to. I have actually preferred this season though to season 6. I'm still looking forward to tonight's episode but earlier seasons I would have been hyperventilating right about now.

I'm completely spoiler free for the finale. Been avoiding all the sites so that I have no clue what happens or how it ends. I have a gut feeling that I'm not going to be happy with the ending. I'd happily be proved wrong but it's still a hunch I have.

That said, I'm still willing to give season 8 a go. I'm hopeful that bringing Jeremy Carver back will make a difference. As Jensen said yesterday at the Upfronts "It's the little show that could." I've been too invested over the years to give up on it now.
  • Chihiro94Chihiro94 Posts: 2,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^ I was going to stay up but I've decided to keep it as a reward for my exam on Monday, so I'll guess I'll be back here then. Also totally spoiler free which is a first :D

I agree 100% really, well except I wasn't a fan till about season threeish. Too much time invested to give up now, and it's still good, if not as good but with Sera going it should improve. Fingers crossed anyway.
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, that was rather underwhelming.

Maybe it'll be better come October.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, that was rather underwhelming.

Maybe it'll be better come October.

I liked it. A bit of an anticlimax compared to other season finales but I still liked it.

Think it will be an interesting start to season 8. How the hell are they going to get out of that one?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GotchaToo wrote: »
    I liked it. A bit of an anticlimax compared to other season finales but I still liked it.

Think it will be an interesting start to season 8. How the hell are they going to get out of that one?

Ignore me, I'm just heartily sick of the Leviathans:o

Mind you, I've been a bit disgruntled with all my shows this year for some reason.:(

Feel sorry for Sam, all on his own there. It wasn't until that was mentioned that I realised he really doesn't have anyone now.:(
  • rivetheadrivethead Posts: 741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pretty boring finale. Could have just been any other episode, tbh. Oh well :(
  • Miss HavershamMiss Haversham Posts: 877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure what you guys watched, but I loved it

Excellent recap at the beginning
    A proper goodbye for Bobby
    The return of the Impala
    End of Dick
    Sam alone and uncertain
    Dean once again up sh*t creek with no paddle

Fabulous!
  • TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    i have to agree it was pretty boring

they messed up the intro by changing the music slightly with the recap that is my fave bit

nice to see the impala back but she was not given the return she should have no drooling or stroking from Dean and letting her drive i dont think so

always love seeing me some mark sheppherd

dick died a bit too easy for my liking

sis like the set up for the first ep of the new season though so fingers crossed
  • Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    3 Points=

The piano music got sooooo creepy in this episode

Dick and the Donnie Darko portal:eek:

Sam on his own again - and where the heck did Cas sod off to?!!!!

Season 7 i loved you.
  • biggebruvbiggebruv Posts: 6,626
    Forum Member
    Found it boring sadly and it was a very dissapointing last few eps for season 7 sad after the brillient opening it had.

Meg and Cas started to do my head in alot in the last few eps too many quips coming out of megs mouth just talk normal FFS ! Lol

Cas was there for the comic relief ok but I think they overdid it alot To the point of annoyance i didt find any of it funny IMO

We said goodbye to bobby again but I found myself not caring really as again I think he will return next season im sure dean will find him or something

The levithans well what aload of sh!t they turned out to be we didt even get a good final battle out of it after all that I was willing to forgive the levi plot if the last eps of the season provided the action with them but we didt even get that

The getting the three bloods to kill dick reminded me of the S5 plot with the rings
    Except this was just crap

The last scene of the episode was the best part but now that sera has gone im hoping our new producer will come up with better arcs for season 8

I was dying to see what happens next after the S6 finale but with the S7 finale I can honestly wait the 3 months with ease
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    biggebruv wrote: »

I was dying to see what happens next after the S6 finale but with the S7 finale I can honestly wait the 3 months with ease

Five months. The CW's show are all returning in October this year to have a straight run through with only one hiatus over Thanksgiving.

No clue about the New Year though.
    Forum Member
    Oreally thats good news IMO so season 8 is off to good starts anyways with a new exe pro and there will be less breaks throughout that season all good news.
  • Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well that episode left me rather "......" at the end. Mainly because all the build up and it was "just over". Shame really as the last few episodes have been quite good. Plenty left hanging for next year but the whole Leviathan thing left me cold. The only good thing about them was Dick and he's gone now. Ah well lets hope S8 is a return to form.
    Forum Member
    Lets hope indeed how long do we reckon dean will stay in the purgatory for? Im hoping 3 eps or something should be interesting theres noway they can make that boring right?
  • Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    biggebruv wrote: »
    Lets hope indeed how long do we reckon dean will stay in the purgatory for? Im hoping 3 eps or something should be interesting theres noway they can make that boring right?

I hope so. The little we saw of Purgatory it looks a rather dull place, I always had Purgatory pegged as being rather less scary and a LOT more dull...for those souls traped there forever.
  • whiteswanwhiteswan Posts: 842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sniffle774 wrote: »
    I hope so. The little we saw of Purgatory it looks a rather dull place, I always had Purgatory pegged as being rather less scary and a LOT more dull...for those souls traped there forever.

Don't worry.........there's a church just up the road from the dark forest and away from the Smoke Monster we saw circling him..........there he will find sanctuary with a man named Locke and his band of travellers who will be able to whisk him to wherever he wants to go - just avoid the Polar Bears Dean !

Dave
  • SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the finale was the best part of season 7. I wasn't a big fan off the Leviathans storyline, but got more interesting as it was coming up to the finale. I loved the return of the Impala, and the music made that much more epic! The final goodbye to Bobby was quite sad, and I hope that they find some way to bring him back next season, because it just isn't the same without him being part of the team.

I wasn't keen on how fast Dick was killed off, it seemed a little too easy, considering he was the leader of the Leviathans. Did anyone notice the seriousness of Cas in the ending scene? Maybe he went back to his old self.

Purgatory looks pretty awesome, and I hope that there's a few episodes of season 8 based there. I'm wondering why Cas went off at the end as well, and just left Dean on his own? I think he might have gone to have a quick look around, because I don't think even an angel can escape from Purgatory on his own. Hoping we get to see a good look at some of the so called monsters that Cas was talking about. :)
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    The recap showed what a terrible season this has been. Bobby had the perfect goodbye before Christmas...they brought him back for this shit? And we know he isn't gone. He'll be in Purgatory, because the show can't survive without him saying "eejits" every other sentence :rolleyes:

Sera's a good writer, but as a showrunner she has been a disaster. You can't create a villain just so you can spend a whole year making dick jokes. How old is she ffs :rolleyes:
  • Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This season has been The Buffy Season 4 one - brilliant stand alone eps but a lame villain. Maybe like Buffy S5 we'll get Supernatural's best and most personal season and brilliant villain?

But i will stand up for season 7 because i can honestly say i have loved every second - Sam's clown fear, Buffy Stars all over the shop, Bobby's episode, Emily Perkins again!, Dean stoned off that burger, all the sexual tension between Cas and Dean:o, Mini-Sam appearing again in the flashbacks and some don't like him but i happen to love dick!

:p
  • bottleofbestbottleofbest Posts: 8,026
    Forum Member
    I was a little underwhelmed with the finale but the last scene made up for it. It was pretty slow paced.

I am glad to have the Impala back, I have missed her!
    I agree with others' sentiments, Dick should have been harded to beat than that.(My wife said "Dick spat" when he exploded :D Remided me a lot like when they killed Eve, far too simply done; there's been harded demons to beat than them!

Overall, I have loved this season, there has been a lot of great points and I don't think there was a weak episode this season.

Roll on October for season 8!!!!
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Dick should have been harder to beat

OK, that's a good one :D
  • DensinoDensino Posts: 3,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NinjyBear wrote: »
    The recap showed what a terrible season this has been. :

yup.. even worse then season 6. I didn't think it was possible
    Forum Member
    The whole levi plot for the last few eps was a bore with the stone writing or whatever where there not sure what it says yet

Reminded me of xfiles season 7 i think we all know how that turned out.

The show is visually not upto scratch either the last shot was a brillient shot and was the supernatural I love

The last few episodes have been to nice and tidy if you know what I mean probly not lol. I want to actually feel like there on the road again so with the hiding out plot done hopfully we will get alot more excitment back in season 8.

Deans new jacket is nice though LOL! And season 7 did have some good standalone episodes and the shows not gone completely of the boil alot of it is very very fixable so heres hoping

Next season Less guys n gals in suits standing around making deals and more nitty gritty action!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just seen the end and I did feel that Dick was too easy to kill off. It was a bit 'meh'.

But I know I'll be watching it when it returns ;)
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Buttons88 wrote: »
    I've just seen the end and I did feel that Dick was too easy to kill off. It was a bit 'meh'.

Given that Dean and Cas are in purgatory and that's where Monsters supposedly go when they die there's a chance they'll end up grappling with Dick again next season.