Dr Who Ratings Thread

Comments

• cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    Almost as good :)

Still a huge figure no matter what happens when the final rating comes in.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So there's a chance it'll - just - break 13m.

I wonder how the iPlayer figures are coming along?

Does anyone know where we can also find out the UK cinema attendence numbers, rather than box office?

Either way, with consolidated viewing figures plus iPlayer, without those cinema numbers, it's going to be the highest viewed post-2005 Who to date, right?

And then we can put together the global audience after that. :)
  • Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So there's a chance it'll - just - break 13m.

I wonder how the iPlayer figures are coming along?

Does anyone know where we can also find out the UK cinema attendence numbers, rather than box office?

Either way, with consolidated viewing figures plus iPlayer, without those cinema numbers, it's going to be the highest viewed post-2005 Who to date, right?

And then we can put together the global audience after that. :)

Well, I can't answer you're questions, but when the expert analysis comes in, I'd be very surprised if it's *not* the highest-viewed episode in C21...at least. Globally speaking.

(Just watched it again on I-player and was :D:D:D all the way through.)

It's a hit. :)

(Over 10 million quid taken in the cinema world-wide. Yeah. Well. Whatever. Shrugs.)

:)
  • Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    That's the highest since Voyage of The Damned got 13.31 million
    cylon6 wrote: »
    The highest since The Next Doctor in 2008. It got 13.1m.

And of course, Voyage was before iplayer, and the Next Doctor was when it was a relatively new phenomena….;)
  • Yog101Yog101 Posts: 532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd be surprised if the total reach isn't the highest in Nu-Who history. Given that back in 07-09 iPlayer figures were no where near as high as they are now.

Would be interested to see what the repeat/iPlayer figures for VOTD and The Next Doctor...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yog101 wrote: »
    I'd be surprised if the total reach isn't the highest in Nu-Who history. Given that back in 07-09 iPlayer figures were no where near as high as they are now.

Would be interested to see what the repeat/iPlayer figures for VOTD and The Next Doctor...

It's interesting because I had thought iplayer wasn't around until series 4 started, but reading now it launched on xmas day 2007 and that Voyage was the most viewed show, though I can't find any data for it at all. All I can find is:

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2008/01/16/oukin-uk-britain-bbc-iplayer-idUKL1447164120080116
    The BBC said more than 3.5 million programmes had been streamed or downloaded in the fortnight after Christmas Day, with more than one million people visiting the iPlayer site.

so would have been overall pretty small potatoes compared to nowadays.

The Next Doctor had 0.58 million views though (thats raw data, not unique viewers btw).
  • Whovian1109Whovian1109 Posts: 1,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Not forgetting, some people download it on iPlayer. I'm probably going to watch it at least half a dozen times in the next month :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    12.80m for Day Of The Doctor.

Here's how it ranks for the year.

Excluding +1:
    1. I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here! 13.047m
    2. Doctor Who 12.804m
    3. Wimbledon 2013: Men's Final 12.278m

Including +1:
    1. I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here! 13.517m
    2. Britain's Got Talent 12.852m
    3. Doctor Who 12.804m
  • Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Result! :D

Cheers, Cylon6.

Edit: It'll be interesting to see the total I-player 'hits' too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great final figure :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2.7 million iplayer requests;
    The episode has been accessed more than 2.7 million times on the BBC iPlayer, with over a million downloads on Sunday 24th November alone. It is the most accessed programme for the month with more than double that of EastEnders which is in second place. The episode is currently the third most accessed programme for the year.

Other high rated programmes on the iplayer include Doctor Who, An Ultimate Guide, with 0.69million accessing, The Night of the Doctor, with 0.6 million, An Adventure in Space and Time with 0.54 million and The Five(ish Doctors with 0.61 million

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2013/12/day-of-doctor-final-ratings.html

This is raw numbers rather than unique views at this stage, though, I believe.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 199
    Forum Member
    So The Day of the Doctor is the 2nd highest rated TV programme of the year?

Got that Kevin O'Sullivan, yer smug moron?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Result! :D

Cheers, Cylon6.

Edit: It'll be interesting to see the total I-player 'hits' too.

If BARB measured iPlayer views in tablets/phones/computers not connected to then it would be close to 14m I reckon.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    12.80m for Day Of The Doctor.

Here's how it ranks for the year.

Excluding +1:
    1. I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here! 13.047m
    2. Doctor Who 12.804m
    3. Wimbledon 2013: Men's Final 12.278m

It's what's in third that staggers me. Doctor Who managed to outrank Wimbeldon in a year where a Brit not only made the final but managed to win! And yet I'm sure that we'll still get the 'the BBC hates it, we're being ignored, the show is doomed, no-one but us knows what they're doing' whinging around here as normal...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If BARB measured iPlayer views in tablets/phones/computers not connected to then it would be close to 14m I reckon.

I'm going to call it 15.5m + those at the cinema.

Because I can. :p

:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very impressed with the anniversary figures, Woohooo. However well impressed with the older two episodes figures, Hopefully the Christmas one will get the same overnight ratings
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For those interested, the day by day breakdown:

Live 7,911
    VOSDAL 2,273
    Day 1 1,617
    Day 2 379
    Day 3 132
    Day 4 162
    Day 5 183
    Day 6 87
    Day 7 61
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For those interested, the day by day breakdown:

Live 7,911
    VOSDAL 2,273
    Day 1 1,617
    Day 2 379
    Day 3 132
    Day 4 162
    Day 5 183
    Day 6 87
    Day 7 61

So close. If only Friday and Saturday had 100k each it would have been 13m. But that rating is huge!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First of all, have to get this off my chest, wtf has happened to this forum, it looks bloody awful….:confused::(

Secondly:

Top 10 broadcasts week ending 24th November 2013

1. Doctor Who [Sat 1950] - BBC1 - 12.80m
    2. I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out of Here [Mon 2100] - ITV - 11.77m
    3. I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out of Here [Sun 2100] - ITV - 11.66m
    4. Strictly Come Dancing [Sat 1830] - BBC1 - 11.48m
    5. I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out of Here [Wed 2100] - ITV - 10.88m
    6. I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out of Here [Fri 2100] - ITV - 10.81m
    7. I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out of Here [Thu 2100] - ITV - 10.68m
    8. Strictly Come Dancing [Sun 1920] - BBC1 - 10.61m
    9. I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out of Here [Sat 2130] - ITV - 10.58m
    10. The X Factor [Sun 2000] - ITV - 9.55m

(via ozoo on GB)

Top of the Pops ;)

For me, it's the most impressive rating for Who behind Journey's End.

Journey's End may have got lower ratings but was on a blazing hot day in summer, so was a master class in promotion.

This was almost as impressive, because while X Factor may be a bit on the wane it still ended up rating over 9.5 million, and I think it beyond expectations when you look at how other specials have performed outside of the Christmas season. Of course it had an extra PR push, but I think it was well judged in terms of not pushing it so so much it became slightly counter productive (which I think in retrospect was slightly the case with End of Time).

Be exciting to see how it does this Christmas - I wonder if it will hold around the same level or maybe even increase a smudge. A lot will depend on final scheudling of course.
  • Chris_WaltonChris_Walton Posts: 235
    Forum Member
    Muttley76 wrote: »
    First of all, have to get this off my chest, wtf has happened to this forum, it looks bloody awful….:confused::(

Secondly:

Top 10 broadcasts week ending 24th November 2013

1. Doctor Who [Sat 1950] - BBC1 - 12.80m
    2. I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out of Here [Mon 2100] - ITV - 11.77m
    3. I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out of Here [Sun 2100] - ITV - 11.66m
    4. Strictly Come Dancing [Sat 1830] - BBC1 - 11.48m
    5. I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out of Here [Wed 2100] - ITV - 10.88m
    6. I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out of Here [Fri 2100] - ITV - 10.81m
    7. I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out of Here [Thu 2100] - ITV - 10.68m
    8. Strictly Come Dancing [Sun 1920] - BBC1 - 10.61m
    9. I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out of Here [Sat 2130] - ITV - 10.58m
    10. The X Factor [Sun 2000] - ITV - 9.55m

(via ozoo on GB)

Top of the Pops ;)

For me, it's the most impressive rating for Who behind Journey's End.

Journey's End may have got lower ratings but was on a blazing hot day in summer, so was a master class in promotion.

This was almost as impressive, because while X Factor may be a bit on the wane it still ended up rating over 9.5 million, and I think it beyond expectations when you look at how other specials have performed outside of the Christmas season. Of course it had an extra PR push, but I think it was well judged in terms of not pushing it so so much it became slightly counter productive (which I think in retrospect was slightly the case with End of Time).

Be exciting to see how it does this Christmas - I wonder if it will hold around the same level or maybe even increase a smudge. A lot will depend on final scheudling of course.

Doctor Who's ratings success is fantastic here, but it's a little depressing to see that it's the only non-reality TV show in the top 10 for the week
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Doctor Who confirmed for 7.30 Christmas day.
    BBC One ‏@BBCOne 15m

#DoctorWho: The Time of the Doctor is confirmed for 7.30pm on Christmas Day on @BBCOne

That hopefully should help the ratings... And at that time, looks like BBC Worldwide will simulcast this episode world-wide.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SJB 2007 wrote: »
    Doctor Who confirmed for 7.30 Christmas day.

That hopefully should help the ratings... And at that time, looks like BBC Worldwide will simulcast this episode world-wide.

Up against Corrie for the full hour, but still expect it to perform well, especially with both the success of the 50th and the whole regeneration thing...
  • DiscoPDiscoP Posts: 5,931
    Forum Member
    Up against Corrie for the full hour, but still expect it to perform well, especially with both the success of the 50th and the whole regeneration thing...

Wow, scheduling Doctor Who opposite Corrie? Suddenly it feels like the 1980's again :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Is that confirmed for ITV? I'm hearing Corrie will start at 8pm, and Downton at 9pm?

[Edit... Looks like ITV have moved back their schedule back 30 minutes!]
  • 2Legit2Quit2Legit2Quit Posts: 4,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If nothing is set in stone I wonder whether Corrie will move because of DW? I imagine the two shows they won't want Corrie up against are EastEnders and Dr Who.