EE: Alfie is such a bleep bleep hypocrit!!!!

Comments

• Kim_xKim_x Posts: 3,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iMatt_101 wrote: »
    Yes, because him plotting for months on end to kill the mother of his child who didn't even do much and using an 'innocent' girl to help kill her [He would have killed her anyway if it wasn't for Alice and Janine] is so much worse than Stacey killing a sick rapist who raped her while she was at her most vulnerable and raped his own daughter when she was 14. Not to mention Stacey had barely planned hers.

Totally agree, however Stacey doesn't know that he raped Ronnie. Kat and Alfie know he did, so maybe she'll soon find out.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vald wrote: »
    He wasn't too worried about getting in trouble with the police when he hurled the QV bust through Phil's window, and he didn't show any concern that it could have landed on Lexi or Ami.

It was touched on on Tuesday that he wouldn't mind taking the risk if Kat wasn't pregnant. They didn't know that she was pregnant when he put the bust through Phil's window.

Of course he could also be objecting if he knows it's inevitable that the police will catch up with him over something he did in Australia.
  • kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,256
    Forum Member
    I do suspect that he is now just scared of any Police involvement because of whatever happened in Australia. He wouldn't be so uptight about it if he didn't have something to hide himself.
  • NoushNoush Posts: 4,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    I do suspect that he is now just scared of any Police involvement because of whatever happened in Australia. He wouldn't be so uptight about it if he didn't have something to hide himself.

Totally agree but he is also a hypocrite with double standards....if it was nana moon or spencer he wouldn't think twice
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Noush wrote: »
    Totally agree but he is also a hypocrite with double standards....if it was nana moon or spencer he wouldn't think twice

Part of me wishes Spencer would turn up having killed someone looking for a bolt hole as a test, then again they're not really comparable relatives. Spencer is a closer relative than Stacey and Stacey is a closer relative than Michael.

Lynne and Spencer should both turn up. That's as equal as it could get.
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kim_x wrote: »
    Part of me wishes Spencer would turn up having killed someone looking for a bolt hole as a test, then again they're not really comparable relatives. Spencer is a closer relative than Stacey and Stacey is a closer relative than Michael.

Lynne and Spencer should both turn up. That's as equal as it could get.

If they want a Moon cousin to be a killer they could always bring Anthony or Tyler back. ;)

As for Stacey we shouldn't even be having this discussion - making her the killer turned rape into a plot convenience and was shoehorned in for dramatic effect rather than indepth look at the effect the horrific deed has on someone. On a shallow level it's also limited what could have been an excellent character as they're clearly not intending to turn Stacey into a Janine-style bitch. In all honesty, I think the show's decline can be marked from that moment.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi all.... Sorry to start this list up again but I just can't stand they was Alfie again is so nasty about Stacey and Jean, I mean he makes it fairly obvious what he thinks with the constant face pulling and groans yet when it's HIS family it's a totally different kettle of fish. Cannot stand this prat. He serves no purpose whatsoever since he's left the vic and I can't believe they changed him from being impotent and allowed him to reproduce twins!!!
    And by the way what the hell ever happened in Australia???? Was it just that he took that woman's husbands money? See?? Such a hypocrite! Thieving scumbag :(
  • RetroMusicFanRetroMusicFan Posts: 6,673
    Forum Member
    Noush wrote: »
    Hi all.... Sorry to start this list up again but I just can't stand they was Alfie again is so nasty about Stacey and Jean, I mean he makes it fairly obvious what he thinks with the constant face pulling and groans yet when it's HIS family it's a totally different kettle of fish. Cannot stand this prat. He serves no purpose whatsoever since he's left the vic and I can't believe they changed him from being impotent and allowed him to reproduce twins!!!
    And by the way what the hell ever happened in Australia???? Was it just that he took that woman's husbands money? See?? Such a hypocrite! Thieving scumbag :(

Well he's taken on Lily even though he and Kat have no money so i'd say that's helping out her family not his own and he went to see Jean in the hospital and he goes to see Stacey in prison next week and I don't think he was impotent he just had a low sperm count and he took Nicole's money when he was in Australia I don't remember any husband being mentioned and she took the burger van anyway so he's scammed and schemed ever since and it's come to nothing so it's not like he's come up smelling of roses is it?
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alfie's coldness towards Jean really pisses me off. Shane plays the scenes like Alfie doesn't want to be around Jean. It was like this when he returned in 2010 as well.
  • jamesc_715jamesc_715 Posts: 8,505
    Forum Member
    I was annoyed of how he treated Jean when she returned this week. Why does Alfie have a problem with Stacey and Jean?? I didn't like how he treated Ronnie before..
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He looks like he is sweating all the time, I'm assuming the thespian that is Shane Richie eats a lot of hot curries before he films his scenes to get him into character
  • ayrshire lassayrshire lass Posts: 4,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alfie's coldness towards Jean really pisses me off. Shane plays the scenes like Alfie doesn't want to be around Jean. It was like this when he returned in 2010 as well.

Really don't blame him, I know she is ill and can't help it, but she is an exremely irritating person, and why should Kat and Alfie be responsible for her anyway, it's not as if they are even closely related.
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really don't blame him, I know she is ill and can't help it, but she is an exremely irritating person, and why should Kat and Alfie be responsible for her anyway, it's not as if they are even closely related.

Because she's *adopts cockney accent* FAMLEEEEEEEEEEE :D
    Forum Member
    I don't know what Alfie's feelings toward Stacey and Jean are but he did go to see Jean in the hospital and he and Kat have taken Lily in even though they have no money and he goes to see Stacey in prison next week so I call that doing stuff for people that aren't related to him.

Maybe he doesn't understand bi polar disorder and doesn't know what to expect or do/say when Jean or Stacey have an attack, maybe he worries they might turn dangerous, I mean they probably wouldn't but Alfie wouldn't know that if he didn't know anything about the condition.
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed Alfie telling Kat to keep her legs shut last night, wonder if that was a scriptwriter injoke!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scone wrote: »
    Because she's *adopts cockney accent* FAMLEEEEEEEEEEE :D

Of course, that's right:D Anyway , Alfie really is a thicko, trying to sell bits and pieces out of a bin bag in the street just to make a few quid, when he could be signing on and raking it in on benefits , especially now they've been landed with Lily as well. Had to laugh at the hospital when he was rummaging in his pockets for money for the kids to buy sweets and some crisps he said, and all he could come up with was a pound coin:confused: They'd be lucky to get a packet between them.
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,266
    Forum Member
    Of course, that's right:D Anyway , Alfie really is a thicko, trying to sell bits and pieces out of a bin bag in the street just to make a few quid, when he could be signing on and raking it in on benefits , especially now they've been landed with Lily as well. Had to laugh at the hospital when he was rummaging in his pockets for money for the kids to buy sweets and some crisps he said, and all he could come up with was a pound coin:confused: They'd be lucky to get a packet between them.

Alfie is an experienced barman who lives in London, he should have no trouble getting bar work.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes, exactly. He does act like he doesn't want her/them (Jean/Lilly) around and going to the hospital was, I think more for Kat rather than genuine concern for Jean. I mean if Kat wasn't there I doubt he would have gone.

Also I think working in the cafe has become a bit of a running joke! Everyone in Walford has worked there at some point and it's ridiculous that Alfie is scratching around asking Liam for a job in the cafe when there are other jobs out there! I'm sure Alex has a boss who would listen to a long standing resident like Alfie about reinstating his pitch! Nothing in the soap makes much since these days ....:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    Alfie is an experienced barman who lives in London, he should have no trouble getting bar work.

Of course he could, but as everyone knows he can't work in any pub except the Vic , as then he would have to travel more than 5 mins to work. Never mind , he will get a few part time shifts in the cafe, that will support his large family.
  • Lizzie BrookesLizzie Brookes Posts: 15,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think Alfie is a hypocrite since he hasn't killed anyone and is probably unaware that Michael plotted to kill Janine or that Jake killed Danny. However, it might have been nice if he wasn't quite so judgemental - still as others have said, Alfie rightly feared the reprecussions for him and Kat if they were caught hiding Stacey, especially as Janine had not yet withdrawn her false allegations at the time which was what the police were after Stacey for rather than the killing of Archie.

I personally think sexual crimes are more heinous than taking a life due to the nature of the crime and the fact that taking a life can fall on a spectrum from self defence/manslaughter/accident to pre meditated cold blooded murder and the motivations behind it can be complex and varied which is very rarely the case with a sexual crime.

Stacey's not cold blooded and nor is Ronnie (though she made it look like she was by having Carl crushed) and I don't believe it was premeditated. She saw Bradley come out of the pub and went to make sure he hadn't done anything stupid. She then lifted the statue and hit Archie in a moment of anger - she didn't go there intending to murder him.
  • lordo350lordo350 Posts: 3,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The guy has 3 kids and a wife who has been known to stray to provide for. I don't blame him for not wanting anything to do with Stacey's problems!

With two little babies and a little kid to take care of, I don't blame him for not wanting to take on Jean and Lily, one of them another little kid and another a mentally unstable woman who is easily capable of harming those kids if she goes too far.

Not sure why everyone hates on Alfie on here. Yeah, he's a bit of a prat sometimes, but his heart is in the right place.

And what Stacey did to Archie was murder, despite what he did to her. He was kneeling on the floor. She didn't strike him in defence. She didn't aim to hurt him. She pushed a heavy bust on his head knowing full well it was going to kill him, and spat on his grave afterwards. What he did to her was horrid, no doubt, but guys... it was murder.
    Forum Member
    I'm totally with Lizzie Brookes and lordo350, you both hit the nail firmly on the head!
  • Amazee-DayzeeAmazee-Dayzee Posts: 1,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a problem with the way he turned up his nose at Aleks upon learning that Roxy would be his bit on the side and he was married. Uh HELLO? Kat is your bit on the side. Since there was no mention of the annulment going through, I'm gonna assume that Roxy is still his wife. Pot meet kettle.

We'll probably find out the annulment JUST went through when Alfie prepares to remarry Kat. Just like we have to assume Sean and Roxy's marriage ended minutes before she married Alfie.
    Forum Member
    I have a problem with the way he turned up his nose at Aleks upon learning that Roxy would be his bit on the side and he was married. Uh HELLO? Kat is your bit on the side. Since there was no mention of the annulment going through, I'm gonna assume that Roxy is still his wife. Pot meet kettle.

We'll probably find out the annulment JUST went through when Alfie prepares to remarry Kat. Just like we have to assume Sean and Roxy's marriage ended minutes before she married Alfie.

Roxy signed the annulment papers didn't she?

Alfie and Roxy would have never lasted anyway, their relationship was just a plot device.
  • Amazee-DayzeeAmazee-Dayzee Posts: 1,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Signed yes, but we don't know what the status of the filing is. For all we know, somebody could have just forgotten about it!