Options

EastEnders 18/8/14- What will the Fox Say?

Comments

• Options
    J-BJ-B Posts: 18,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't buy the Ian Denise relationship, Don't think either suit each other.

I think it's coming together nicely... Denise's 'forgiveness' then plotting look over the shoulder, an upcoming shocking arrest.

What's the betting Denise goes to the police and tells them where Ian really was, we know they've been suspicious of Ian ;)
  • Options
    DODS11DODS11 Posts: 2,026
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    boddism wrote: »
    I might be misreading it but to me it looked a little like Denise is in love with Patrick a little. They're not blood relatives are they?? What's the background with these 2??

Not in that way but she definitely loves him. He's more or less become her father figure.
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    boddism wrote: »
    I might be misreading it but to me it looked a little like Denise is in love with Patrick a little. They're not blood relatives are they?? What's the background with these 2??

In 2006 she thought he was her dad but it turned out to be someone else but Patrick basically took her on as his daughter anyway.
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,274
    Forum Member
    Bloody hell, Mimi was brilliant tonight, so much better this time round, much more likeable as well. Luved the scenes with Ian and Cindy, even Ian was likeable again :o:D

But surely Denise wont forgive him, just like that :o unless she is going to team up with Sharon, and plan her revenge. :D

Liked Mick and Nancy scene as well. My lovely Maddy :D

Best episode of the week so far. :)
  • Options
    soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brilliant ep. didnt expect that from Denise, no commupance for Ian for now!

scenes with mick and nancy and ian and cindy made the ep
  • Options
    ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,313
    Forum Member
    soap-lea wrote: »
    brilliant ep. didnt expect that from Denise, no commupance for Ian for now!

scenes with mick and nancy and ian and cindy made the ep

There is just the Jane reveal now :)
  • Options
    MarcusjllMarcusjll Posts: 1,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    Not only she is forced to watch it presumably she was also forced to log on the soap forum to talk about it

:D:D

OT: Wow, really amazing. I shed tears at some Cindy scenes. Such a talented, talented actress.
  • Options
    Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why do we have 2 women plotting revenge on their partners?
    Ironic that it's Ian & Phil as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Marcusjll wrote: »
    :D:D

OT: Wow, really amazing. I shed tears at some Cindy scenes. Such a talented, talented actress.

She made me cry too and everyone knows I have a very dark heart
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think Denise killed Lucy and has forgiven Ian out of guilt
  • Options
    J-BJ-B Posts: 18,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    9 J-B Points for the episode - Make the most of that sodding 9 because it won't be happening anytime soon >:(
    0/10 Lauren, yet somehow it didn't even matter :eek:

+ Mimi Keene. The best young actress in soap.
    + The scenes between Ian and Cindy, references to Lou, and Cindy senior.
    + Nancy and Mick, will someone please give Nancy a storyline :(

- There were no minuses.

Who'da thunk it that a year ago tomorrow was the awful 'teens in the woods' storyline :D

How can I sit here and make fun of Eastenders every night when they make it so blooming good >:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    2shy2007 wrote: »
    Oh I didnt realise you were a fan:) well thankyou for following my every move, very kind of you ;) sadly hubby is watching it on the main telly and I am on the pc, so I an forced to watch this mess,lol

Awww, it must of been so hard for you, my heart really bleeds for you...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    xTonix wrote: »
    Awww, it must of been so hard for you, my heart really bleeds for you...

:D:D:D
  • Options
    bean_of_sbbean_of_sb Posts: 7,841
    Forum Member
    What a beautiful shot of the Fowlers/ Beales as the next generation is added to the family tree!
  • Options
    highking1014highking1014 Posts: 1,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cindy is quite easy on the eye
  • Options
    susie-4964susie-4964 Posts: 23,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sw2963 wrote: »
    Why do we have 2 women plotting revenge on their partners?
    Ironic that it's Ian & Phil as well.

Doesn't every woman? ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    bean_of_sb wrote: »
    What a beautiful shot of the Fowlers/ Beales as the next generation is added to the family tree!

Yep, I liked that bit, it added a nice touch to it. :)
  • Options
    guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    Brilliant episode, I may hate Ian but he can be a fascinating character, so many sides to him with all of them feeling genuine. Great performance again from Diane Parish, and Mimi Keene really is a future star of the show, I just hope they don't do what they did to Stacey and make her the killer.

Tomorrow's episode looks just as good as well, with a similarly small cast.
  • Options
    lordo350lordo350 Posts: 3,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ahh, thank the Lord. Good EastEnders is back.

Firstly... Cindy. Am I happy to see her again? Honestly, I don't know. I've ranged from wondering why the hell she's there (and thinking she was just another pretty face from the Newman era), to not minding her, to actually quite liking her. And I'll give Mimi Keen (that right?) her due tonight - she was really, really good. Not just the giving birth bit, but when she got teary and admitted she didn't feel like she belonged anywhere.

I mean, at the end of the day, she's just a screwed up kid. Yes, she's a spoilt brat, and Ian wasted no time pointing that out. Yes, they've retconned stuff a bit, to hint that Gina and mummy aren't that nice when, originally, they probably should have doted on her (according to what I read). Yes, I hate baby plots, and it's hard to feel sympathy for her when she had the chance to get rid and didn't take it! But despite this, I understood last time why she was so desperate to keep it; it was hers. Something that truly was hers and nobody else's.

Cindy's mum died giving birth to her, and Cindy has probably always had that on her mind. To see her scared the same thing would happen to her was actually just a little bit touching.

In fact, parenthood in general was the theme tonight. That lovely scene with Mick and Nancy was long overdue. With the god awful Lee/Whitney romance being shoved down our throats every five minutes, and the annoying Johnny hogging all the attention, Nancy is extremely underused (it occurs to me that pairing Lee up with Whitney and moving Johnny into the brat pack has actually seriously made me start to dislike both. After such a promising start, that is a shame). I did feel she was a bit out of order with Mick tonight; after all, he was only trying to do right by a guy who had lost his daughter (and he owed Raine nothing... she had him in Court for a laugh!), primarily because he could not imagine life without his own daughter. She was insulted he didn't feel he could confide in her, and felt he didn't respect her views enough to do so. No, Mick was not obliged to talk to her about anything, and she was a little in the wrong, but it was a nice reminder of just how close they usually are.

And also, just how much Nancy probably doesn't know about her Dad. The Carters are aiming for a fall. A nasty one. Too many lies behind those perfect smiles. I might be getting fed up of Lee and Johnny, but I'm still very entertained by Mick, Linda, Nancy and Stan. So, I'm happy to see this continue.

Denise has forgiven Ian, not because she wanted to, but because of Patrick. Simply put, she has nowhere to go. Ian offers stability for Patrick. As soon as Patrick recovers, if indeed he ever does, she'll drop Ian like a tonne of bricks. And it will be no more than he deserves.

Clever though, to have Ian deliver Cindy's baby, just when it is outed what a weasle he really is. He does have a good side. He's just a very mixed up man.

Much better episode, focusing on character, with brilliant acting all round. I can scarely believe this is the same show as the one on this time last week. It's almost baffling how much the thing is better without the brat pack. Seriously.
  • Options
    DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,044
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cindy is quite easy on the eye

She will be a stunning young women in a few years.

She has just turned 16 in real life so I think she will be in it a lot more now
  • Options
    big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    Best episode in months. Clearly despite the quick forgiveness the whole Rainie mess is going to continue bubbling under the surface for both Denise/Ian and Mick/Linda. I hope Denise isn't another to hop on the vengeance bandwagon - as pointed out above though there is still the whole issue of Jane to contend with at a later date; I guess that's when things will REALLY blow up.

And to echo the sentiments of others - yes Mimi Keen is a fantastic actress. Probably the best, moving moving birth scenes I've seen on soap in years. She is definitely one to watch for the future. I guess they're definitely lining Cindy up to be basically what Lucy could have been. She is the future of EE.

Adam Woodyat also displayed why he is such an asset to EE. One minute you're rolling your eyes at what a thoughtless selfish scoundrel he is, the next he's genuinely heartwarming.

Episodes like tonight's reminds me why I had faith in DTC in the first place.
  • Options
    dancing.queendancing.queen Posts: 14,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't believe that the worst episode in ages has been followed by two of the best. Seriously, tonight's episode was absolutely fantastic. Adam Woodyatt once again showing you can go from hating his character to loving him in the space of an episode. He's a great actor, in fact, everyone in tonight's episode was great.

The show will be perfect for me as soon as Stacey returns next week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I can't believe that the worst episode in ages has been followed by two of the best. Seriously, tonight's episode was absolutely fantastic. Adam Woodyatt once again showing you can go from hating his character to loving him in the space of an episode. He's a great actor, in fact, everyone in tonight's episode was great.

The show will be perfect for me as soon as Stacey returns next week.

I know, I was reminded tonight of how much I do love Ian even if he is a weasel.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    I know, I was reminded tonight of how much I do love Ian even if he is a weasel.

Agreed. Adam is fabulous though whatever Ian he's playing

they should get rid of many of the teens and concentrate on those middle aged and old characters as those actors are wonderful

Mimi needs to stay though. wow. She has such a good range for such a young actress
  • Options
    Cal_Scream2Cal_Scream2 Posts: 6,733
    Forum Member
    Is Cindy's baby the first baby to be born in the Beale house?