Options

BB Posters Reunited and WELCOME to the lurkers! (Part 58)

Comments

• Options
    EddyBeeEddyBee Posts: 45,609
    Forum Member
    Good morning you lot.

:D
  • Options
    nowahallanowahalla Posts: 10,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    Morning everyone. :)
    nowahalla wrote: »
    Morning all :)

Dull, wet and a positively cool 25C. Brrrrr....:D

Catch y'all later
    I am quite sure I would die in that heat, but I suppose you get used to everything eventually. At least I could dry the washing without playing Russian roulette with it if I was there. :D
    Artemesia wrote: »
    Morning Halla and All who come later.....:)
    Sunny and 27c here with strong winds, still...
    Must be the start of winter, the coconut oil has solidified.:p
    Off to Athens to mangle some verbs..
    I dont think ours ever went liquid this year.

Crikey! Talk about victim blaming. How about tagging the criminals?

The mail says we are cruel if we have two cats. ^_^ http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2774378/Having-one-cat-city-cruel-Researcher-calls-one-household-policy-cut-feline-population-urban-areas.html

I have never seen an unhappy herd of cats. :confused:
  • Options
    HickyHicky Posts: 50,488
    Forum Member
    Good Morning Everyone.:+))))))))))))))))))

Not too bad a day, sunny anyway.
    EddyBee wrote: »
    Good morning you lot.

:+D
    Morning Eddy.:+)))))))))))))))))
    It's for their own good i suppose, i had a wristband on holiday.:+))))))))))))))))
    Morning everyone. :+)
    I am quite sure I would die in that heat, but I suppose you get used to everything eventually. At least I could dry the washing without playing Russian roulette with it if I was there. :+D

The mail says we are cruel if we have two cats. ^_+^ http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2774378/Having-one-cat-city-cruel-Researcher-calls-one-household-policy-cut-feline-population-urban-areas.html

I have never seen an unhappy herd of cats. :+confused:
    Morning Honey.:+))))))))))))))

I hope when we move we don't have as many cats in the road, this is crazy where i am, i think every house has a cat, but as that report says, they are stressed because they like an area they call their own and here they keep fighting because they can't wander without going into another cats space.

Why on earth anyone wants a cat i can't imagine, you have no control over them what so ever, they do what they want when they want and where they want.

Noone takes them out on a lead or in the car like dogs so they are just ornaments.
  • Options
    TheElfTheElf Posts: 2,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello everybody :D.
  • Options
    BarracuteBarracute Posts: 243,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morning everyone. :)
    I am quite sure I would die in that heat, but I suppose you get used to everything eventually. At least I could dry the washing without playing Russian roulette with it if I was there. :D

The mail says we are cruel if we have two cats. ^_^ http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2774378/Having-one-cat-city-cruel-Researcher-calls-one-household-policy-cut-feline-population-urban-areas.html

I have never seen an unhappy herd of cats. :confused:

herd of cats? never heard that phrase before!
  • Options
    JoJo4JoJo4 Posts: 38,663
    Forum Member
    Morning everyone - another lovely day, and almost October - I'm well impressed:)

Bella, I think by unspoken concensus we largely avoided the Scottish referendum with a view to maintaining a more harmonious thread! Religion and politics tend to be contentious issues at the best of times and even among friends, can lead to dispute (see H of C any weekday)! I know that many of us had views on the issue, but avoided voicing them in the thread. The fact that I didn't have a vote didn't stop me from having an opinion - or to be fair, it encouraged me to delve further to try to understand both sides of the argument. As OH says, I have an opinion on absolutely every issue, but some of them are best left unvoiced:cool:

Halla, Scotland did indeed look well during the golf. Whenever we watch golf from Scotland and the weather is good, we decide that we must visit asap!

Excellent bargain Honey - I often look at those stands in catalogues and wonder if they're worth the effort.

Good luck with the duvet Arte - we have the largest I could buy and Himself still manages to leave me with enough substance to cover a newborn - at a pinch^_^
  • Options
    Forum Member
    TheElf wrote: »
    Hello everybody :+D.
    Afternoon Elfy.:+))))))))))))))))))
    Barracute wrote: »
    Afternoon Barra.:+))))))))))))))))))))

It must be when a farmer gathers them all up to harness them for working in the fields, because they certainly aren't any good for anything else.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    JoJo4 wrote: »
    Morning everyone - another lovely day, and almost October - I'm well impressed:)

Bella, I think by unspoken concensus we largely avoided the Scottish referendum with a view to maintaining a more harmonious thread! Religion and politics tend to be contentious issues at the best of times and even among friends, can lead to dispute (see H of C any weekday)! I know that many of us had views on the issue, but avoided voicing them in the thread. The fact that I didn't have a vote didn't stop me from having an opinion - or to be fair, it encouraged me to delve further to try to understand both sides of the argument. As OH says, I have an opinion on absolutely every issue, but some of them are best left unvoiced:cool:

Halla, Scotland did indeed look well during the golf. Whenever we watch golf from Scotland and the weather is good, we decide that we must visit asap!

Excellent bargain Honey - I often look at those stands in catalogues and wonder if they're worth the effort.

Good luck with the duvet Arte - we have the largest I could buy and Himself still manages to leave me with enough substance to cover a newborn - at a pinch^_+^
    Good afternoon JoJo.:+))))))))))))))

I can't see what reason there would be for having a big discussion amongst persons not involved in the debate.
    It was for the Scottish people to debate, i'm not sure they would even want or listen to outsiders discussing their problem.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hicky wrote: »

I can't see what reason there would be for having a big discussion amongst persons not involved in the debate.
    It was for the Scottish people to debate, i'm not sure they would even want or listen to outsiders discussing their problem.

Just for general interest really, that's why I talked about it. I talk about then situation in Syria too, but I doubt the powers that be would be interested:cool: We need to take an interest in the world around us, surely??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just for general interest really, that's why I talked about it. I talk about then situation in Syria too, but I doubt the powers that be would be interested:+cool: We need to take an interest in the world around us, surely??
    You can always take an interest, if you have the spare time.
    But taking an interest doesn't change much.
    I could take an interest in all the cats that live around me but it wouldn't help clear up their mess on my lawn would it, it's so bad i can't mow the grass.

If the cats made a mess on their own lawn i might take more interest in them, but at the moment i would get rid of the lot unless i could make the owners pay to get the mess cleaned up.

If they want to keep wold animals why don't they control them?
    and if they can't control them get rid.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Good Morning Everyone.:+))))))))))))))))))

Not too bad a day, sunny anyway.

Morning Eddy.:+)))))))))))))))))

It's for their own good i suppose, i had a wristband on holiday.:+))))))))))))))))
    In Turkey? I didnt know it was already a "thing". What are they for? Is it to give the shopkeepers a bit of warning so they can ramp up the prices when they see you coming? :p
    Morning Honey.:+))))))))))))))

I hope when we move we don't have as many cats in the road, this is crazy where i am, i think every house has a cat, but as that report says, they are stressed because they like an area they call their own and here they keep fighting because they can't wander without going into another cats space.

Why on earth anyone wants a cat i can't imagine, you have no control over them what so ever, they do what they want when they want and where they want.

Noone takes them out on a lead or in the car like dogs so they are just ornaments.
    I think the report forgot that cats actually enjoy a scrap and go out of their way to find one.
    You are not required by law to "control" your cat and I wouldnt know how to anyway. Ours do whatever they like, but they dont go out so no bother to anyone else.
    Barracute wrote: »
    My sister has loads. She usually has about six "pet" cats but she has a huge outside compound for feral cats that she neuters, feeds and vet treats so often about thirty. They mostly get along very well, and choose to stay.

Good luck with the duvet Arte - we have the largest I could buy and Himself still manages to leave me with enough substance to cover a newborn - at a pinch^_^
    I have got an exceptionally large one for the bed nobody uses, I cant remember what it was called but it is bigger than an American king size. The thing is, I cant get more covers to fit.
    Afternoon Elfy.:+))))))))))))))))))

Afternoon Barra.:+))))))))))))))))))))

It must be when a farmer gathers them all up to harness them for working in the fields, because they certainly aren't any good for anything else.
    they are good for pest control. You would be crying out for one if you had mice.

Not just their problem though because we are all affected. It is a shame that so many were disappointed, and it would have been the same had the vote gone the other way.
    I am glad I dont have to boycott shortbread though. :D
    You can always take an interest, if you have the spare time.
    But taking an interest doesn't change much.
    I could take an interest in all the cats that live around me but it wouldn't help clear up their mess on my lawn would it, it's so bad i can't mow the grass.

If the cats made a mess on their own lawn i might take more interest in them, but at the moment i would get rid of the lot unless i could make the owners pay to get the mess cleaned up.

If they want to keep wold animals why don't they control them?
    and if they can't control them get rid.
    Are animals from the 'Wolds worse than the rest then? :D

I think it would be worthwhile catproofing your garden in the next house. You get a lot of pleasure from the garden and its a shame to have it spoiled.
    you can get some that keep the cats out as well as in and they are quite discreet.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    In Turkey? I didnt know it was already a "thing". What are they for? Is it to give the shopkeepers a bit of warning so they can ramp up the prices when they see you coming? :+p

I think the report forgot that cats actually enjoy a scrap and go out of their way to find one.
    You are not required by law to "control" your cat and I wouldnt know how to anyway. Ours do whatever they like, but they dont go out so no bother to anyone else.

My sister has loads. She usually has about six "pet" cats but she has a huge outside compound for feral cats that she neuters, feeds and vet treats so often about thirty. They mostly get along very well, and choose to stay.

I have got an exceptionally large one for the bed nobody uses, I cant remember what it was called but it is bigger than an American king size. The thing is, I cant get more covers to fit.

they are good for pest control. You would be crying out for one if you had mice.

Not just their problem though because we are all affected. It is a shame that so many were disappointed, and it would have been the same had the vote gone the other way.
    I am glad I dont have to boycott shortbread though. :D

Are animals from the 'Wolds worse than the rest then? :D

I think it would be worthwhile catproofing your garden in the next house. You get a lot of pleasure from the garden and its a shame to have it spoiled.
    you can get some that keep the cats out as well as in and they are quite discreet.
    The wrist band was to get you into the free food and drinks area's.

I would use mouse traps, they are cleaner than cats, and i am in control of mouse traps.
    At my new bungalow i won't be having any grass, thats for sure.

It is their problem, if it wasn't we would have had a vote, no vote means it's not our problem.

I don't care which way they vote, thats up to them.

The ones from the wolds are far worse than those from the wilds.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Turns out that "David thingy the wassock" has had a lucky escape from Kelly Brooke.
    She says she punches her boyfriends and thinks it is hilarious!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/male-domestic-abuse-charity-disappointed-by-public-reactions-to-kelly-brook-punching-exboyfriends-jason-statham-and-danny-cipriani-9704651.html
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Turns out that "David thingy the wassock" has had a lucky escape from Kelly Brooke.
    She says she punches her boyfriends and thinks it is hilarious!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/male-domestic-abuse-charity-disappointed-by-public-reactions-to-kelly-brook-punching-exboyfriends-jason-statham-and-danny-cipriani-9704651.html
    I don't class one punch as domestic violence.
  • Options
    Bella BoffinBella Boffin Posts: 6,561
    Forum Member

Two punches??

Lesley Brain
  • Options
    Forum Member

Unless it's a playful 'hi, good to see you' kind of punch, it's violence in my book.

Honey you can get larger bedding made specially - although I imagine it's costly. I think The Big Bed Company offer that service, among others, and if you want to use the duvet it would be worth the spend in the longer term.

My granddaughters want me to turn one of the stables into 'a home for injured or lost creatures' so maybe I'll join your sister with an outside compound for strays!! I'm not sure that you get strays in rural areas, and feral-ish farm cats wander, but they do belong somewhere.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    :o I hope Mrs (saint) Hicky is reading then and takes her free shot!
    Unless it's a playful 'hi, good to see you' kind of punch, it's violence in my book.

Honey you can get larger bedding made specially - although I imagine it's costly. I think The Big Bed Company offer that service, among others, and if you want to use the duvet it would be worth the spend in the longer term.

My granddaughters want me to turn one of the stables into 'a home for injured or lost creatures' so maybe I'll join your sister with an outside compound for strays!! I'm not sure that you get strays in rural areas, and feral-ish farm cats wander, but they do belong somewhere.

I think I might have looked at that one and went lightheaded from the price. :D It did come with a (hideous) cover but i need a couple more. I bought a huge amount of material once to make one with but needless to say, it has sat in the cupboard waiting so long I have forgotten which cupboard! :blush:
    I like the sound of your stable being full of strays :cool: My sister is pretty rural but I strongly suspect that the cats travel from miles around to live the high life with her. :D
  • Options
    Islay1Islay1 Posts: 4,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And if it was a man against a woman would it be the same?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    :o I hope Mrs (saint) Hicky is reading then and takes her free shot!

I think I might have looked at that one and went lightheaded from the price. :D It did come with a (hideous) cover but i need a couple more. I bought a huge amount of material once to make one with but needless to say, it has sat in the cupboard waiting so long I have forgotten which cupboard! :blush:
    I like the sound of your stable being full of strays :cool: My sister is pretty rural but I strongly suspect that the cats travel from miles around to live the high life with her. :D

I'd be the same - buying yards of stuff then I wouldn't be ar$ed to do anything with it. Then I'd lose it like the smoked salmon I bought in December and found in the wardrobe at Easter^_^ It would be very annoying to work with all that material though, it'd be everywhere and the dogs would probably think you'd made them a special tent:cool:

I'd be more than willing to take in the strays, have them neutered and find homes for them, but I can't go round the streets 'finding' them!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually, not worth it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Islay1 wrote: »
    And if it was a man against a woman would it be the same?
    Apparently the team on "this morning! were laughing along with her thinking it was a hoot. :o
    I'd be the same - buying yards of stuff then I wouldn't be ar$ed to do anything with it. Then I'd lose it like the smoked salmon I bought in December and found in the wardrobe at Easter^_^ It would be very annoying to work with all that material though, it'd be everywhere and the dogs would probably think you'd made them a special tent:cool:

I'd be more than willing to take in the strays, have them neutered and find homes for them, but I can't go round the streets 'finding' them!!

I think they will find you! :D It is a huge commitment though because it is hard to find someone to take care of them when you go away.
    How did the smoked salmon get in the wardrobe?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [QUOTE=honeythewitch;75015020]Apparently the team on "this morning! were laughing along with her thinking it was a hoot. :o

I think they will find you! :D It is a huge commitment though because it is hard to find someone to take care of them when you go away.
    How did the smoked salmon get in the wardrobe?[/QUOTE]

Would they be smirking and joking the other way round?.............I think not! :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Islay1 wrote: »
    Actually, not worth it.

:) I think raising awareness of violence against men is always worth it. (if that's what you were talking about. I didn't see) Because it is clearly not taken seriously. No wonder so many men are afraid to look for help.

I was in pound cafe today waiting to be picked up by CL and the lady behind the counter said that they dont get paid a penny after five o clock, but they have to keep serving until the last minute and have everything spick and span. >:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :) I think raising awareness of violence against men is always worth it. (if that's what you were talking about. I didn't see) Because it is clearly not taken seriously. No wonder so many men are afraid to look for help.

I was in pound cafe today waiting to be picked up by CL and the lady behind the counter said that they dont get paid a penny after five o clock, but they have to keep serving until the last minute and have everything spick and span. >:(

I was talking about one persons biased opinion of domestic violence.

That is a complete disgrace >:( I have worked in that industry and have never been treated like that.
This discussion has been closed.