Afghan woman: You can be released from jail if you marry the man who raped you.

2»

Comments

• TxBelleTxBelle Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MamboJimbo wrote: »
    Pics or it doesn't happen.

I don't think it would much matter if you had a guided tour, you still wouldn't believe.

All I know is evil is rampant in this world, and stories like this are proof of it.
  • Truth123Truth123 Posts: 1,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flaxseed wrote: »
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-15678935

Un

That is horrible -

So it is confirmed again that Afghanistan is defiantly worse off than it was before we " liberated " it !
  • jakes127jakes127 Posts: 649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Disgraceful - but sadly par for the course under islamic law

Under Islamic law the rapist is given a death punishment.
  • jriojrio Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jakes127 wrote: »
    Meaningless when the patriarchal society it exists in finds almost no man guilty of rape. Which isn't far from what happens in Western societies.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    However I think this is another one of the propaganda to justify the war in afghanistan, like the fake BBC video shown years ago of taleban hitting women on streets lol
  • staceyxxx23staceyxxx23 Posts: 12,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How crazy is that? D:
  • Regis MagnaeRegis Magnae Posts: 6,810
    Forum Member
    However I think this is another one of the propaganda to justify the war in afghanistan, like the fake BBC video shown years ago of taleban hitting women on streets lol

I don't think this is the case. If people knew that the Afghan government, under Karzai, passed a law allowing a man to starve his wife of food if she didn't have sex with him, perhaps they'd question our relationship with that government.
  • Red OkktoberRed Okktober Posts: 10,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not propaganda at all, nor is it funny. It's almost impossible to prove rape under islamic law, and the consequences for the victim are dire, quite often being stoned to death, with the rapist having the honour of chucking the first rock due to the 'false allegations; made about him

It really is a sick society over there
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think the media machine over at the States still uses that footage upuntil very recently and may be again ( they like re- runs )
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think this is the case. If people knew that the Afghan government, under Karzai, passed a law allowing a man to starve his wife of food if she didn't have sex with him, perhaps they'd question our relationship with that government.

People are really dumbed down .

They still think it's ok to support the afghan government even after it is known they are involved in the opium industry ,
    have massive corruption ,
    involved and are war lords ,
    and who conduct fraudulent democratic elections ?

May be too much Flouride intake ?
  • pocatellopocatello Posts: 8,813
    Forum Member
    Truth123 wrote: »
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-15678935

Un

That is horrible -

So it is confirmed again that Afghanistan is defiantly worse off than it was before we " liberated " it !

Worse off, better off, you have no moral positioning on this, you weren't going to do anything regardless, couldn't be bothered to lift a finger either way.

Folks like you certainly wouldn't have supported what is necessary to make things like that right.
  • Andrew EnglandAndrew England Posts: 372
    Forum Member

Why are we sacrificing our military in that disgusting cess pit again, Afghanis make Forrest Gump look like Einstein.

As for the president Kazi or lavvy heed as the scottish squad dies call him looks like he is a braincell away from becoming a vegetable.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

SO not only has she to marry a rapist, she has to marry a dead one?
  • towerstowers Posts: 12,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Let's not attack Islam for its own sake, for hundreds of years in our own country, Christian men were unsympathetic to the abuse of women. I'd blame culture more than religion and the enivionement that extremists live in.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shads62 wrote: »
    SO not only has she to marry a rapist, she has to marry a dead one?

There's no islamic law claiming the victim has to marry her raper, and you cant marry a dead person. These evil laws came from the bible. However its obvious its manipulation to justify the illegal war.