The Pasha Kovalev Appreciation Board (2)

Comments

• SalsaShonSalsaShon Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    ok fingers crossed this link works i'll check when i have posted. just opened a photobucket account and its been many many years since i last had one and they have changed a few things. anyway.....
    have done screen caps of the performance from ALW show. enjoy
    http://s1352.photobucket.com/user/ThePumpkinGoddess/library/Andrew%20Lloyd%20Webber%20celebrating%2040%20years

Wow these are fantastic PL, thank you!:D
    So much Pasha treats.:o Not that we can ever have enough.:o;)
    Forum Member
    idetached wrote: »
    These are gorgeous screen shots and yes I know they were for ALW's 3some song of angst and breakup, but they would look so good set to some other music. Even the pictures would work:

Meant-Elizaveta
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vylmeYJ_rOU
    Cry me a River-Diana Krall
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9y1vGxPVAA
    Two to Tango-Vanessa Daou
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yW3l9Otqgg
    My Kind of Love-Emelie Sande'
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_siYfZDh5w
    and the ultimate that I think really fits these pictures:
    You Lost Me-Christina Aguilera
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XjZ5KhBCrI

Have to say really like Emelie's music and quite a few of Christina's songs.
    Thanks for the links Idetached.
    Good to see you posting here Sammy.:)
    Watched some pro numbers the other night and Pasha and Iveta in "Toxic" wow, were they fab. Then there was the jive/quickstep fusion with Katya, never tire of that (or indeed any featuring the Kovalev.:o)
  • emmalou78emmalou78 Posts: 1,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sammy78 wrote: »
    Just popped over from the Kimberley and Pasha thread to thank you for these they are really good they all look stunning.:)
    Also wanted to thank Emma for such a detailed account of her evening with Pasha and to commend your bravery!:)
    I wondered whether the brother-sister type relationship Katya speaks of is evident? I think you see it with Anya and I guess with Chelsee - never got that impression with Kimberley.:D
    The creative control question was interesting. I wonder whether that extends to the pro deciding when to do each dance and did Pasha then purposely avoid the Rumba? I know last year on ITT with Chelsee he said it was one they were afraid of doing on Strictly.

Thanks to idetached for the YT song links :)

Thanks Sammy, I have to pinch myself, keep asking myself, did it really happen? He was so lovely :o:p

Bib, they definitely have the brother/sister relationship that Katya talks of and Katya is definitely like the big sister in the relationship even though she is younger than him. When I was waiting in the queue, Katya was taking the lead with the signings and when I got there and was talking to her she passed the programme over that I was getting signed for Pumpkin and told Pasha to address it to Pumpkin, it was lovely.

Pasha reminds me of a bouncing bunny as Kimberley called him on the Jive week, he has this positive, happy, energy about him, I was only around him for a minute or two but he leaves such an impression, it is easy to see why the ladies love him.:o:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 219
    Forum Member
    idetached thank you so much for the YT links agreed with the Christina Aguilera song very powerful.
    Glad everyone liked the pics. have added in a few more albums of course of Pasha and will be adding a few more i would imagine, is crazy how many Pasha pics i have, could easily be viewed as an obsession.
    Emma thank you again for getting me my programe and getting it signed, not enough thank yous in the world. :D:D:D:D
  • PashultyPashulty Posts: 9,384
    Forum Member
    Not much new...but very lovely interview... kudos to the author of the article.... :)

Page 6-7 ... Happy reading... :)

http://issuu.com/thesticks9/docs/sticks_april_2013?mode=window
    Forum Member
    emmalou78 wrote: »
    The competition this year involved Pasha and Katya getting the 3 couples to take part in a Paso Doble with Pasha showing the guys how to use the cape and Katya showing the ladies how to swish the skirt. No dances together on my night although Pasha did lead everyone on and off stage and they received some signed goodies and told they could have a meet up with K and P after the show.

The Q and A was good but most of the usual samey questions floated about such as Do you have a girlfriend to which Pasha replied, Yes but added nothing more with Katya laughing at him :p The compere said he could the sound of many hearts breaking in the room. :D

Another question was How much creative control do you have on Strictly?

To which Pasha said he thought it was a good question and he replied that all the moves, good or bad is down to the Pro and Katya added that the music can be altered by the Production, sometimes you can pick a song and they will see what they can do but on some occasions, the Production team will pick a song for you and you have to go with it.

Other questions, the usual stuff, Who was your favourite partner? Pasha said Kimberley, he liked Chelsee too but said he had found this year more relaxing and enjoyable as he was trying to find his place and impress last year with it being his first year on the show. Katya said Phil because they could go to the pub afterwards and he is laidback and willing to try anything.

If anything else comes back to me, I will post it on here :)

Thanks for all the details emma... :)... Very much appreciated... :D

He broke my heart months ago..... :(:cry::cry:
  • cheryl_quinneycheryl_quinney Posts: 3,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As we love all things Strictly Come Dancing, please can all peeps on here vote for Strictly to get the Radio Times BAFTA TV audience award
    http://www.radiotimes.com/win/radio-times-bafta-audience-award/58.html
    Forum Member
    As we love all things Strictly Come Dancing, please can all peeps on here vote for Strictly to get the Radio Times BAFTA TV audience award

Done cheryl.... :)
    Forum Member
    Couple of tweets... :D:D
    Sandra Hook
    @SandZ2710 1h
    ...Stars from Strictly at the Marina tonight! Get to go & drool over @PashaKovalev who is dancing with the beautiful @KatyaVirshilas ;0)...
    Pablo
    @myworldpablo 16h
    @PashaKovalev ur ass is phenomenal! x
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    idetached thank you so much for the YT links agreed with the Christina Aguilera song very powerful.
    Glad everyone liked the pics. have added in a few more albums of course of Pasha and will be adding a few more i would imagine, is crazy how many Pasha pics i have, could easily be viewed as an obsession.
    Emma thank you again for getting me my programe and getting it signed, not enough thank yous in the world. :D:D:D:D

It was no trouble at all hun :)
    Pashulty wrote: »
    Not much new...but very lovely interview... kudos to the author of the article.... :)

Good find Pashulty, love reading about Pasha, old or new, lol at the interviewer, must have thought Pasha said Serbia instead of Siberia.

Thanks Cheryl, just voted :)
  • NWScotsNWScots Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi all,

New to the thread but wanted to share my excitement with like-minded individuals. I'm going to see Pasha and Katya in a couple of weeks and I can't wait :D It's my mother's birthday treat but really that's just a handy excuse as it's as much for me as it's for her! I'm sure many of you have already seen him live so can vouch for what a good show it is...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Couple of tweets... :D:D

Thanks for the tweets Pashulty, WORD at the tweet from myworldpablo :o:D
    Forum Member
    NWScots wrote: »
    Hi all,

New to the thread but wanted to share my excitement with like-minded individuals. I'm going to see Pasha and Katya in a couple of weeks and I can't wait :D It's my mother's birthday treat but really that's just a handy excuse as it's as much for me as it's for her! I'm sure many of you have already seen him live so can vouch for what a good show it is...

Welcome to the thread NWScots... always lovely to see new Pashanistas delurking/joining in the drool/fun fest... ;):D...He is amazing live and you will love every moment of that wonderful experience... :D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi all,

Welcome to the thread NWScots, you are in the right place here for all things Pasha, I went to see the show on Friday, it was amazing, you are in for a treat.

Hope you have a lovely night with your Mum and please keep posting.:)
    Forum Member
    Some amazing songs idetached.... actually loved all of them... :):)

Nice to see you posting again Sammy.... please post again... :)

Pasha obsessed?...Us Pumpkin??? :eek::eek:...You must be thinking of another lot of people....;):p:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the thread NWScots... always lovely to see new Pashanistas delurking/joining in the drool/fun fest... ;):D...He is amazing live and you will love every moment of that wonderful experience... :D:D
    Welcome to the thread NWScots, you are in the right place here for all things Pasha, I went to see the show on Friday, it was amazing, you are in for a treat.

Hope you have a lovely night with your Mum and please keep posting.:)

Thanks guys :) I am very much looking forward to it. Our seats aren't too far from the front but are over to the side so hoping the view won't be too bad. Are you allowed cameras at the shows? If so, I'll take my "proper" one with me but if not I'll just try and sneak my wee point-and-shoot!

I can hardly believe we're into April already. It'll be hardly any time at all until this year's lineup is announced. My favourite thing about Autumn is Strictly starting!
    Forum Member
    Thanks guys :) I am very much looking forward to it. Our seats aren't too far from the front but are over to the side so hoping the view won't be too bad. Are you allowed cameras at the shows? If so, I'll take my "proper" one with me but if not I'll just try and sneak my wee point-and-shoot!

I can hardly believe we're into April already. It'll be hardly any time at all until this year's lineup is announced. My favourite thing about Autumn is Strictly starting!

No cameras allowed during the show.... and I wouldnt dare cross Katya, the camera police...:rolleyes:;):p:D... But you can get pics afterwards during the meet and greet... :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No cameras allowed during the show.... and I wouldnt dare cross Katya, the camera police...:rolleyes:;):p:D... But you can get pics afterwards during the meet and greet... :)

Thanks for the info :) That's a bummer though, would like a couple of "action" shots! No idea what the situation will be like for a meet and greet after the show in Aberdeen. It's been quite a long time since I was at the Music Hall so can't picture where they'd do that part. I will report back though :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I took my camera in but there was a message before the show started to turn off mobiles and no cameras or flash photography :(

You can take your camera in though. This will come in handy after the show to get a picture with Pasha and Katya.:)
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the info :) That's a bummer though, would like a couple of "action" shots! No idea what the situation will be like for a meet and greet after the show in Aberdeen. It's been quite a long time since I was at the Music Hall so can't picture where they'd do that part. I will report back though :D

Thanks... :)

Aberdeen??...Shona is going to watch the show there as well....:eek::eek::D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Good news, we will have 2 reports of the show from Shona and NWScots to look forward to!:D
    Forum Member
    Good news, we will have 2 reports of the show from Shona and NWScots to look forward to!:D

Good for us insatiable lot.... :)

No pressure guys.... :rolleyes:;):p:D

But seriously hope you guys have a lovely time... :)... I know you will... :)

On a non Pasha note I am becoming obsessed with Nicole and her vocal here...So bringing in Pash.... as I usually do to all conversations..:rolleyes::D....How he would have choreoed to this... ooo..laaa....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tE6SRBnDHx8
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I've not really been keeping track of the thread :o so don't know which FM Shona is. I was going for the Inverness one as it's closer to me but by the time we realised they were going to be there all the good seats were gone. We've got to cross the whole of Scotland to get to this show so I'm relying on it being amazing! :D I'm sure it will be though.

Kate
    Forum Member
    I've not really been keeping track of the thread :o so don't know which FM Shona is. I was going for the Inverness one as it's closer to me but by the time we realised they were going to be there all the good seats were gone. We've got to cross the whole of Scotland to get to this show so I'm relying on it being amazing! :D I'm sure it will be though.

Kate

oooo....dont worry....Shona will let you know.... :D:D
    Forum Member

Thanks Pashulty, another good read.:)
    Pasha always comes across well in interviews (and not cos I'm biased, just what I read and interpret really.)
This discussion has been closed.