New SIM - Standard to Micro Help

TheVoidTheVoid Posts: 3,086
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi, bought my partner a new handset for Xmas... only to find it only takes a micro sim. She currently has a standard sim!

Not confident in cutting it down. Any ideas what I can do? We're both on Three, so if I popped into a store, would they give me a micro version for her?

Comments

• biggy7biggy7 Posts: 108
    Forum Member
    TheVoid wrote: »
    Hi, bought my partner a new handset for Xmas... only to find it only takes a micro sim. She currently has a standard sim!

Not confident in cutting it down. Any ideas what I can do? We're both on Three, so if I popped into a store, would they give me a micro version for her?

Yep, Three shop have done this for me In the past, free too, although they take £1 from your card and refund it straight back for security I think.

Pop into your local three shop Asap.
  • TheVoidTheVoid Posts: 3,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    biggy7 wrote: »
    Yep, Three shop have done this for me In the past, free too, although they take £1 from your card and refund it straight back for security I think.

Pop into your local three shop Asap.

Yeah but the contract is in my partners name!
  • biggy7biggy7 Posts: 108
    Forum Member
    TheVoid wrote: »
    Yeah but the contract is in my partners name!

oh lol, may not be as easy then

only other thing you can do is try and cut it, you got nothing to lose, worst case go Three shop on Boxing day

or if you have a local independent phone shop they will cut it for you for little or no money using a cutter like this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/NOOSY-all---one-SIM-CUTTER/dp/B00JQJDN5U/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1450897897&sr=8-3&keywords=sim+cutter
  • ba_baracusba_baracus Posts: 3,236
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They won't give you a SIM for her without her being present and showing ID.

Cutting a standard SIM to Micro is easy. You can get a cutter online, and they work fine. I doubt you will get one in time for christmas though.
  • PadrePadre Posts: 1,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I upgraded to a sim free s6 a couple of months back I need a new micro sim. I went into 3 to ask for 1 but because I didn't have my wallet on me with my cards they couldnt confirm my ID.

But the woman offered to cut the sim down using a sim cutting tool. Maybe they will do this for you.