What network is TEF?

ZebbZebb Posts: 748
Forum Member
✭✭
New plans for updating a nearby mast show TEF listed, which one(s) is that?

Comments

• clewsyclewsy Posts: 4,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    O2 ..or Telefonica
  • ZebbZebb Posts: 748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks. Another planning application appeared and wondered why EE and Three would be on it when it's about VF and TEF? See screengrab.
    http://imgur.com/gLtCW0u
  • clewsyclewsy Posts: 4,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah is that because its a shared site? Looks like they are planning to remove what they have at the moment and replace it with those 2 shared ones.
  • mooxmoox Posts: 18,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zebb wrote: »
    Thanks. Another planning application appeared and wondered why EE and Three would be on it when it's about VF and TEF? See screengrab.
    http://imgur.com/gLtCW0u

There'll probably be someone far more qualified to say otherwise, but could it be that MBNL owns/operates the site, shares it with VO2, and is applying on their behalf?
  • ZebbZebb Posts: 748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is a shared mast, three lots of antennas, I think EE is highest, Three is in the middle and then VF/TEF is at the bottom. Months earlier Three posted they were going to upgrade theirs but so far, haven't.
    http://imgur.com/rwfVIm0
  • DevonBlokeDevonBloke Posts: 6,835
    Forum Member
    moox wrote: »
    There'll probably be someone far more qualified to say otherwise, but could it be that MBNL owns/operates the site, shares it with VO2, and is applying on their behalf?

Looks like you are right.
    Plans are for VF/O2 but Three/MBNL logo on the application.
    Also EE at the top means probably EE mast.
  • jaffboy151jaffboy151 Posts: 1,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess that's how it will work when or more like if Vodafone upgrade some of the rural masts around here as I've only seen plans for ones owned either by Vodafone or O2 so far, quite a few of Vodafone's 2g masts are like little crowns added to the top of existing orange or the mobile masts..
  • tycho-magtycho-mag Posts: 8,642
    Forum Member
    jaffboy151 wrote: »
    I guess that's how it will work when or more like if Vodafone upgrade some of the rural masts around here as I've only seen plans for ones owned either by Vodafone or O2 so far, quite a few of Vodafone's 2g masts are like little crowns added to the top of existing orange or the mobile masts..

That always struck me as bizarre that Voda had to pay to put their antennas on an Orange or T-Mobile mast - when Voda were around 10 years before. No frequency is as good as having physically dense masts.

Unless its mast sharing pushed by governments/councils/planning inspectorate that has made operators combine on a single site. (maybe run by Arqiva under their SiteShare product).
  • mobilecentremobilecentre Posts: 195
    Forum Member
    With the clamp down on new sites operators are forced to explore existing sites, I have seen a few around here where it is EE making the application for VO2!