iPhone 7

2»

Comments

• lightspeed2398lightspeed2398 Posts: 2,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    d123 wrote: »
    Someone asks a question about buying an iPhone and (predictably) you get the the anti-iPhone posters jumping in like flies to a fresh cowpat.

StereoSteve wanted advice on which iPhone to buy, he didn't ask for any advice about how much it costs and why Android flagships start at the same high price but are worth half the value within 6 months.

I don't think he had any questions at all about Android phones, if I read the OP correctly.

Said my opinion about the difference between 6s and 7 above but just wanted to say well said d123!
  • GigabitGigabit Posts: 8,768
    Forum Member
    We're in danger of going iOS vs Android again. Let's just say that Android is ITV and iOS is BBC. IPhones are Mercedes Benz, Android phones are Kia Sedona and leave it at that. That shouldn't offend anyone.

Well no they aren't. Because you can get a phone built as well as the iPhone and that performs as well as the iPhone, that is not an iPhone.

There is nothing distinguishing about the iPhone over any flagship Android phone.
  • DevonBlokeDevonBloke Posts: 6,835
    Forum Member
    You're in denial now aren't you......
    You know what's right and what's not really.
    :)
  • d123d123 Posts: 8,591
    Forum Member
    Meanwhile my Android phone keeps bleeping endless notifications I can't turn off and turn out to be that I have too much junk or that three in touch is available or some other nonsense. It's just a lot of old crap and I want back into iOS.

You aren't alone there, my s5 will beep at stupid times in the middle of the night or while on silent in a meeting and tell me it wants to optimise itself. It was a frigging brilliant idea of some Samsung designer to decide to put in notifications that can't be silenced or stopped >:( (or not).
    Forum Member
    DevonBloke wrote: »
    You're in denial now aren't you......
    You know what's right and what's not really.
    :)

I've used both extensively and I see both OSs every day. I see no reason to buy an iPhone over an Android phone. None whatsoever.
  • Stereo SteveStereo Steve Posts: 1,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gigabit wrote: »
    I've used both extensively and I see both OSs every day. I see no reason to buy an iPhone over an Android phone. None whatsoever.

It's a fee country so each to their own. I had the original google nexus and it was OK but the OS was new and flawed. When I returned to Android after selling my 4S I thought it was OK. There were some things I liked. But it's grown to infuriate the hell out of me and now just seems so bloated and awful that it's a waste of time. It's all about apps compensating for what iOS does naturally. We had some fun with my boys iPod with the slow mo camera. Can I do that on my phone? A bunch of apps try to replicate but read the reviews. Killed my phone. This is junk doesn't work etc. Etc.

I'm open minded and not tied to any network or OS but it's clear to me that Google need to reign in Android as it's become a huge mess.
    Forum Member
    Yes the S6 does slow motion by default, as does the G4, as does the OnePlus 2, OnePlus X, even the M8 does slow motion.

So again not a unique feature.
  • Stereo SteveStereo Steve Posts: 1,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gigabit wrote: »
    Yes the S6 does slow motion by default, as does the G4, as does the OnePlus 2, OnePlus X, even the M8 does slow motion.

So again not a unique feature.

I'm supposed to know that? Mine doesn't. Same OS. Some overlays do some things. Some do others. What doesn't the S6 do that the G4 does and vice-versa? Rubbish.
  • Sirocco758Sirocco758 Posts: 518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After having the iPhone 6S for a few weeks now I can only echo what others have said in that it is a big "S" upgrade from the iPhone 6 and is an amazing phone, Apple will have to make massive internal and external changes to the iPhone 7 now to make me part with my iPhone 6S.

I will put my hands up and say that I have owned every new phone from Apple since I had the iPhone 5 but the iPhone 6S has just changed that, one thing I do like about the "S" upgrade cycle is those phones feel like their predecessors should have been.

IMO Apple may have done wrong putting the 3D Touch on the iPhone 6S rather than waiting until the iPhone 7 to make its debut with a new handset and interface.

I'd say go for the iPhone 6S @StereoSteve and join us "S" cycle users and then wait for the iPhone 7S in September 2017.
    Forum Member
    I'm supposed to know that? Mine doesn't. Same OS. Some overlays do some things. Some do others. What doesn't the S6 do that the G4 does and vice-versa? Rubbish.

What do you mean by that? It's a feature built into your phone that you tried to make out was an advantage of the iPhone. But it isn't. In fact Android had slow motion before the iPhone did!