iCloud backup

jimmy22jimmy22 Posts: 3,200
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi enyone help on this

I deleted backup on my 5s and comes up last backup can't be completed even tho I deleted previous backups. What else can be done to solve this it won't backup on my iPad either through iCloud having same problem and I deleted all backups on that too it the same situation

Can anyone help

Thanks in advance>:(

Comments

• cliversclivers Posts: 106
    Forum Member
    jimmy22 wrote: »
    Hi enyone help on this

I deleted backup on my 5s and comes up last backup can't be completed even tho I deleted previous backups. What else can be done to solve this it won't backup on my iPad either through iCloud having same problem and I deleted all backups on that too it the same situation

Can anyone help

what version of IOS are you using? i believe there was a problem with 9.1 for icloud backups.
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    It's also quite possible your backup size is greater than what's available so may have to purchase more cloud storage, have you checked to see how much is trying to be backed up?
  • jimmy22jimmy22 Posts: 3,200
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    clivers wrote: »
    what version of IOS are you using? i believe there was a problem with 9.1 for icloud backups.

I have latest 9.2 thanks in advance
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    It's also quite possible your backup size is greater than what's available so may have to purchase more cloud storage, have you checked to see how much is trying to be backed up?

It doesn't say plus I deleted previous back up still won't back up thanks in advance
  • StigStig Posts: 12,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have you updated from iCloud to iCloud Drive at any point?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stig wrote: »
    Have you updated from iCloud to iCloud Drive at any point?

It asked me to update to iCloud Drive to be able to back up is that the problem
    Forum Member
    Do you have photos & videos included in the backup, if so how much space do they take up?
  • dragonrapidedragonrapide Posts: 1,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I also have a question regarding iCloud. Does it copy all your settings such as email settings? I am about to buy a new iPhone and want to be able to copy everything over. Have backed up everything I can but it does not actually say settings.
  • Sky_GuySky_Guy Posts: 6,859
    Forum Member
    I also have a question regarding iCloud. Does it copy all your settings such as email settings? I am about to buy a new iPhone and want to be able to copy everything over. Have backed up everything I can but it does not actually say settings.

It backs up this yes.
  • tycho-magtycho-mag Posts: 8,642
    Forum Member

iCloud doesn't back up passwords, so when you restore the backup on a new phone you will be prompted for passwords for email, WiFi etc.

If you have iTunes, you can do an 'encrypted backup' to your computer that does hold passwords, but you need to set up an encrypted backup password (don't forget this).
  • dragonrapidedragonrapide Posts: 1,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My backup is switched on but when I plug phone in to power to charge it should back up automatically it don't what can be done to solve the problem and my wifi is switched on while charging

Forum Member
    jimmy22 wrote: »
    My backup is switched on but when I plug phone in to power to charge it should back up automatically it don't what can be done to solve the problem and my wifi is switched on while charging

As I said before it could very well be that the backup size is larger than the available iCloud storage so will fail to backup.
    Try disabling photos in the list of things to be backed up and see if that resolves things.
    If it is a backup size issue then you'll either have to put less in the backup or spend 79p a month for 50gb of storage.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I turned all apps off and still wouldn't back up there hardly any storage used and only thing is what's app there must be some sort of bug that Apple hasn't picked up on it not that big to back up and I turned off iCloud Photo Library and left photo stream on
    Forum Member
    Maybe the only option you have left is to speak to somebody from Apple for them to see what's going on.