Problem finding my ear

tdensontdenson Posts: 5,773
Forum Member
Thought that might get some attention !

I have an iPhone 6S Plus and I love it, but have one problem - I have a problem finding my ear when using it as a phone. I have to keep sliding it around when I realise I can't hear the person at the other end.
What I would like is another device that looks and feels like a small mobile phone, but is actually a bluetooth headset. Anyone seen such a thing ?

Comments

• -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    This must be a wind up surely 😂
    Oh well, when holding the phone try putting your index finger top middle next to the flash then put your finger to your ear which should achieve perfect placement.
  • finbaarfinbaar Posts: 4,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Must be just you mate. My ears are in the same place they have been for the last 48 years, on the side of my head.
  • d123d123 Posts: 8,591
    Forum Member
    tdenson wrote: »
    I have a problem finding my ear

If you look in a mirror you will notice you actually have 2 of them, one of which is situated on either side of the head ;)

This is an approximation of what they look like

http://swissnutritioneer.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/ear1.jpg

I hope you find the information useful :p

:D
  • tdensontdenson Posts: 5,773
    Forum Member
    I guess I should have expected this from the title.

It's particularly bad when I'm wearing reading glasses because the phone rests on the arm and I can't sense where the earpiece is properly until I realise I can't hear the other person. I had no problem with an iPhone 6.
  • coopermanyorkscoopermanyorks Posts: 21,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's particularly bad when I'm wearing reading glasses because the phone rests on the arm and I can't sense where the earpiece is properly until I realise I can't hear the other person. I had no problem with an iPhone 6.

There is the answer,swap to a 6S ?
    Forum Member

BIB Have you tried turning the volume up?
  • thebennyboythebennyboy Posts: 327
    Forum Member
    Sorry, what did you say? Can't hear you. :D
  • tdensontdenson Posts: 5,773
    Forum Member
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    BIB Have you tried turning the volume up?

I usually have it pretty well full. I don't know why there is such ridicule on this, you only have to be slightly off for the sound to be virtually zero. Smaller phones just seem to snuggle neatly on the ear.
  • TextmainiacTextmainiac Posts: 116
    Forum Member
    I usually have it pretty well full. I don't know why there is such ridicule on this, you only have to be slightly off for the sound to be virtually zero. Smaller phones just seem to snuggle neatly on the ear.

It's a familiar problem. (The 'jokers'). Empty saucepans make the most noise. :-)

There are plenty of solutions, BlueTooth earpieces which itch and so on. I use an AvanTalk BlueTooth Handsfree.

It's a smallish rechargeable device which sits on the desk. Designed for car sun-visors, but the clip is removable. The phone auto-answers through the AvanTalk speaker and sound quality is very good. Price has crept up over the last two years, they were £12.00.

Also, does your phone have a SpeakerPhone facility? That also works for me.

See here.
  • tycho-magtycho-mag Posts: 8,642
    Forum Member

It does explain why 3 out of the 5 colleagues with large phones (6+, S6+, Nexus etc) have all gone for bluetooth or wired ear pieces to make calls.

And for anyone over 30 we were brought up using landline phones, which were shaped to be comfortable against the ear. Not rectangular pieces of glass and metal.

Maybe it shows how the "mobile phone" has changed from the voice communicator to a data communicator.
  • OrbitalzoneOrbitalzone Posts: 12,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've found this problem occurs with me too, not a huge issue but I guess my earlobe must cover the tiny speaker hole on some phones unless I hold a phone just right.

Clearly others do as well as they often say "Hello, can you hear me? I'm on the train/bus/toilet" :D
    Forum Member
    @tdenson I think I may have realised where you might be going wrong 😂
    http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z126/gonzo1_photo/DS/0DB1BC85-BE24-4FAF-B9EE-201265E72C8F.png.jpeg
    Merry Christmas 🎄
  • Thine WonkThine Wonk Posts: 17,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe if you brought the phone up to your nose and then slide it along the side of your face that would sort of be where your ear is.

I'd wait until you're well out into the corridor before you answer it at work though, you might get some funny looks.