Sim change

glagysglagys Posts: 315
Forum Member
Got a new phone iPhone 6 from Santa
Currently using Samsung Galaxy S3 mini
Can I move my number from my micro sim to my nano sim and is it easy or should I pop into the shop ??
Thanks

Comments

• GigabitGigabit Posts: 8,768
    Forum Member
    Which network.
  • glagysglagys Posts: 315
    Forum Member
    Sorry Vodafone
    Forum Member
    Pop into store.
    Forum Member
    Voda website says it can be done on line and is easy ???
    My give it a try
  • TTTVTTTV Posts: 3,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just do it via the website, when I went to the 5S from a 4S ages ago I did it via their site and the swap was pretty much instant.
    Forum Member
    Just read on voda website
    If you are payg customer go into the shop ??
    Better visit them I guess
    Forum Member
    Do you already have the SIM? That wasn't clear from your first post.
    Forum Member
    Sorry yeah she also got me a new voda SIM card so I just need to transfer my number from my micro sim to the nano sim
    Just wondered why they say payg customers call into the shop
    Forum Member
    You don't. Just follow the steps here: http://www.vodafone.co.uk/explore/benefits/sim-swap/
    Forum Member
    If I transfer my contacts to my SIM card and then swap SIM cards will my contacts transfer or will I have to sync phones ??
    Forum Member
    Only the number is moved. No data is moved.

Easiest thing to do is to sync your S3's contacts to Google and then sign into your Google account on the iPhone.
  • sethpetsethpet Posts: 497
    Forum Member
    Sync android phone to gmail.
    Export file from gmail contacts
    Import file to iCloud
    Sync iCloud to new iPhone
  • prkingprking Posts: 9,789
    Forum Member
    sethpet wrote: »
    Sync android phone to gmail.
    Export file from gmail contacts
    Import file to iCloud
    Sync iCloud to new iPhone

That's unnecessarily complicated.

Op, just make sure that you are signed into your Google account on your Android phone. Then when you add your Google account to your iPhone your contacts etc will come across.
  • DevonBlokeDevonBloke Posts: 6,835
    Forum Member
    Ok, do people really still store their contacts on the SIM?
    This should no longer be allowed as far as I'm concerned.
    It's like going back to the 1700s or something.

For God's sake people, get a free Outlook or Gmail account and store everything there.
    Or pay for a proper business Exchange account but don't store everything on the SIM.

I could throw my iPhone in a ravine right now and all my iPhone stuff would be on iCloud and all my Email, calendar, Contacts and tasks (reminders) would be on my Fusemail Exchange account (50GB).

If you lose or drop your phone and everything is lost you are still in the 80s!!
    :)
  • prkingprking Posts: 9,789
    Forum Member
    Exactly. I haven't needed to worry about things like contacts for years now. Even back when I had a series 40 Nokia I used Google Sync and that was discontinued three years ago following a re-launch and rename in 2009.

Just sign in on your phone with your Google, iCloud, BlackBerry or Microsoft account and everything syncs within minutes.
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    prking wrote: »
    Exactly. I haven't needed to worry about things like contacts for years now. Even back when I had a series 40 Nokia I used Google Sync and that was discontinued three years ago following a re-launch and rename in 2009.

Just sign in on your phone with your Google, iCloud, BlackBerry or Microsoft account and everything syncs within minutes.

Same here - I recently lost my phone (for the first time ever!) but I just bought a new one, ordered a replacement SIM, logged into Google and everything was synced within a few minutes. Used the Android Device Manager to deactivate the other phone just in case anyone else had found it.

It make have cost me some cash (it wasn't worth an insurance claim) but I didn't lose anything from the phone at all.
    Forum Member
    Quick update I did store all my contacts on cloud
    I couldn't get the sim swap to work tried twice
    I also found a link that said the online thingy is for contracts
    Went into shop and it was sorted in 10 mins
    Thanks