Panasonic 42 plasma

I've been to my local dealer and they quoted me £1100 for the tv,stand and 3 year warranty is this about right for the price,by the way not sure which model it was exactly any comments greatfully received :confused:

Comments

• Tc7Tc7 Posts: 2,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    that seems damn good! The 37" pana plasma is around £1100!
    Tc
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=491609

Above link to earlier post

I have had the Pannie PX60 42" Plasma since Christmas, Awesome picture, Great with my LG DVD / VHS Combi 9/10 Especially seeing our DVD collection again on the Big screen.

On DVB 10/10

Nintendo Wii 10/10

Laptop 8/10

My brother in Law was here this weekend, He's just bought A Toshy LCD, He was quite envious at the picture quality ?

I've not seen his picture so cannot comment.

Overall i have been looking for a 42"-50" for 1 Year, I have viewed just about all of the Main manufacturers TV's from Bang & Olufsen at £9,000, A Lowe at £2500 and the rest.

To my mind the Panasonics Blew me away when viewing via a Hard Drive in HD Mode.

The Clarity hurt my eyes in a good way it was so Real.

Good Luck with your Choice the decision is yours

:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    Well I went ahead and bought the TV,including a DVD 5.1 surround, all for £1300 delivered and set up by the shop people also a 3 year warranty thrown in.They came this afternoon and installed everything and demonstrated it all but how much I will remember is another thing,up to now Iam very impressed with this tv,the model is the PX60B as I could'nt remember in my first post happy viewing all :)
  • bobcarbobcar Posts: 19,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watch out for the purple snakes!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    purple snaked are a exotic bonus!

Tc
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    bobcar wrote:
    Watch out for the purple snakes!
    Er you lost me?????? :confused:
  • skinjskinj Posts: 3,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Purple snakes now have a modification available if it is causing a problem. The supplier should be able to resolve these prob's now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    skinj wrote:
    Purple snakes now have a modification available if it is causing a problem. The supplier should be able to resolve these prob's now.

The mod has had mixed results though, it's worked well for some people but not so well for others.

That doesn't mean don't get this TV but it's sensible to be aware of possible problems.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tony954 wrote:
    Er you lost me?????? :confused:

Lots of people have reported seeing purple snakes after they've had the TV for a while, especially watching Harry Potter. :)
  • skinjskinj Posts: 3,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aparently it only happens with certain DVD's or broadcasts. Haven't spotted it on my px600 and no-ones reported it to shop so far.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    skinj wrote:
    Aparently it only happens with certain DVD's or broadcasts. Haven't spotted it on my px600 and no-ones reported it to shop so far.

Where ae they suppost to appear?

In the black?

Tc