What Mattress Do You Sleep On And How Do You Rate It?

feckitfeckit Posts: 4,303
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have been sleeping on my Handmade Kingsize Mattress for over 10 years and alas it's time for a new one.
I lost the label years ago and cannot remember manufacturer or make. It was delivered from up north somewhere, is very, very heavy and filled with tons of organic stuff it was ex display and cost £380. I would give it 10 out of 10.

I am now looking for a new mattress and need some ideas. I was wondering what other people on here slept on and how they would rate their mattress. Thanks.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A Sealy Posturepedic. I would give it 9 out of 10.
  • rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    John Lewis Memory Foam. Sleep like a baby. 8 out of 10
  • TimMcTVUserTimMcTVUser Posts: 321
    Forum Member
    Not sure which make mine is, but it's defo 10/10.

I do know it cost a heck of a lot and it's one thing I would advise testing before purchase. I have found over the years, a good mattress costs a lot (unless of course you pick up a bargain). But it is money well spent.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Memory foam. They are awesome.
  • fat controllerfat controller Posts: 13,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kingsdown Sleep System - only available through Bensons for Beds (and I believe the Kingsdown name has been dropped) - really good bed, 10 out of 10 :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Relaxsan foam/latex hybrid ('waterlattex'). No springs and a joy to lay upon, which makes it a 10 from me.
  • swehsweh Posts: 13,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    John Lewis Pillowtop Two I believe it's called... 9/10.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    German made Matherm memory foam 10/10.
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,577
    Forum Member
    Refresh 3 layer memory foam, I am having the best nights sleeps ever on it, had it for a couple of months now and would never go back to a sprung matress.

10 out of 10.
  • AndrueAndrue Posts: 23,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A generic mattress that came with the bed I bought last year. On top of that I've got a memory foam top. I'd rate the combo as 8 out of 10.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 129
    Forum Member
    http://www.mynextmattress.co.uk/dynamic/viewitem.php?item=KCEREF_SCS760000KS00004DOUBLE

I have bought three of these mattresses because I was happy with the price and comfort. 10/10

Kozeesleep Duchess Mattress Double £275.
  • sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Memory foam. Best mattress ever!
    Forum Member
    sarahj1986 wrote: »
    Memory foam. Best mattress ever!

Is it true that they make you sweat a lot?
  • Press_EscPress_Esc Posts: 1,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a futon mattress and it's not too bad with a couple of spare pillows beneath it. I sleep like a rock so there's no danger of falling out of the futon-bed.
  • Abbasolutely 40Abbasolutely 40 Posts: 15,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a memory foam topper from Argos and its like sleeping on a comfy marshmallow .I love it .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    **Ella** wrote: »

I have memory foam and neither I nor my husband sweat any more than usual, so I would say no.
    Forum Member
    Lizzy11268 wrote: »
    I have memory foam and neither I nor my husband sweat any more than usual, so I would say no.

Thank you.I will look into buying one.
  • Abbasolutely 40Abbasolutely 40 Posts: 15,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    **Ella** wrote: »

They can generate heat and make you feel warmer than usual .I avoid that by putting a large bath sheet between the topper and the under sheet .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a firm Vi-spring mattress which I rate 10 out of 10.
  • MillyCMillyC Posts: 1,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a Northern Nights featherbed on top of my unknown mattress 10/10. Couldn't sleep just on a mattress ever again. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    memory foam one (?make) - wonderful. No more back or hip pain
    9/10 - docked one point as can be warm in summer
  • BethaneenyBethaneeny Posts: 10,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    not a clue what it is, it's a uni halls one so it won't be brilliant!

It'll do though, about 6 or 7/10?
  • SandgrownunSandgrownun Posts: 5,024
    Forum Member
    Silent Night Miracoil - it's only 6 months old and though quite comfy, you can feel the springs through it, so only 6 out 10 (i'm going to buy a memory foam topper which will hopefully make it much more comfy).
  • netcurtainsnetcurtains Posts: 23,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Memory foam, I'd rate it ten out of ten for comfort but despite the manufacturers claim about heat control technology, I wake up hotter than hell.
  • jessmumjessmum Posts: 596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We bought a TEMPUR memory foam mattress from Dreams about 6 months ago. For the first 2 -3 weeks I thought I had wasted my money (about 1400 bucks) it was so hard!

Suddenly I became used to it and now I find I hop out of bed in the morning without a single ache or pain - the quality of sleep I get is amazing.

I had spinal surgery 18 months ago for degenerative disc disease - I don't even get a back twinge any more

10/10 for me :)