Options

9200 3 Bugs have you the same

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 97
Forum Member
I have been lurking around these forums for months now trying to decide on my choice of first PVR so I would like to thank eveyone especially Barry and Marcdavis who did sterling work on 9200 testing.
I have had my box now since last Thursday after a 150 mile round trip to find the only stock in the NE at Comet in Darlington.
I have come up with 3 major bugs upto now which I am about to phone Humax about

1 I have now had 2 recordings without sound ( out of about 30). I have done a factory default in between.

2 I have had the radio bug where no recording has taken place from standby.

3 On the Epg E4 just appears as E4 Preview . All other channels OK. That was before and after the reset to default

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    1) No, I have not had that problem (yet) in about 20 recordings
    2) Yes, happens every time
    3) Have not noticed that, but will have a look
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,528
    Forum Member
    3) I've seen that on a non Humax DTA in the last couple of days so it's a fault in the transmitted EPG data, not a fault in the box.
  • Options
    monty77monty77 Posts: 70
    Forum Member
    I have 1 & 2 ..... and also no time on the box in standby mode.

A
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 298
    Forum Member
    I noticed the E4 problem, but E4+1 seemed fine.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've just come up with another recording without sound.
    It looks like it's happening when recording two channels both starting at the same time while watching one of those channels.
    I'm about to set up some more recordings to check when it occurs.
  • Options
    ParkerParker Posts: 998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    With E4 I have "E4 Preview" until tonight, then a blank EPG after that. I've just set recordings for E4+1 rather than messing about with manual timings. Seems it's a transmission problem rather than the box.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Had a reply from Michael at Humax ref. No sound recordings.
    It seems from what he said that no one else has reported it although I find that difficult to believe!
    Outcome from Michael seems to be that it will be looked at with a view to a software fix!
    I was told that if I return it to get my money back because the software would not be updated in weeks.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26
    Forum Member
    When you have a recording with no sound have you tried switching from anologue to digital or vice versa to see if it works.
    No failures yet but only had my box 2 days with about 5 playbacks viewed.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    I bought a 9200t last week and I kept getting a disk error, while trying to repeat it I got a recording with no sound. It was ITV1, it definately has sound as I also watched the program on a separate receiver