Ed Sheeran - who he?

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    louise1966 wrote: »
    I am not, innately, the type of girl who has to be au fait with the latest gossip, rumours and wannabes or, fundamentally, any 'celebrity' - and this is quite often a misnomer - news. There are, consequently, lots of 'names' I am absolutely not familiar with, for example Rosie Huntington Whitely, Cher Lloyd and Ed Sheeran. Who is this guy, and what does he do? Is he famous and, more importantly, should he be famous?
    I'm the same with music - and I grew up in the 70s, so am not ancient, but music meant something then - I couldn't tell you who sings what these days. I am currently listening to 60s/70s music, some 80s and, my new favourite, Nicola Benedetti.
    It seems anyone can become a celebrity, for any reason. I don't read magazines but, a girl at work often buys Hello, and when I flick through it, I don't know who the majority of the people are.

This is ridiculous. Ok you don't know who people are so you come onto a forum instead of just looking on the net to see who they are like most people would.

Also I was born in the 1970's but you sound ancient.
  • hunter23hunter23 Posts: 3,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Conehead wrote: »
    He Ed.
    You google.

loooooool
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    He was on some 'before they were famous' thing last night, bless him, he looked so young and was full of enthusiasm. He comes across like a genuinely nice guy and I quite like some of his music too. Admittedly I spent the first few weeks of the latest one thinking, I quite like this new Justin Timberlake song:blush:
  • sadmuppetsadmuppet Posts: 8,222
    Forum Member
    I grew up in the 70s too but I know who Ed Sheeran and the other two are.

I have to admit though, I didn't know who Nicola Benedetti was, but I do now 'cos I have Google! :D
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sadmuppet wrote: »
    I grew up in the 70s too but I know who Ed Sheeran and the other two are.

I have to admit though, I didn't know who Nicola Benedetti was, but I do now 'cos I have Google! :D

I'm 24 and I've never heard of her. But that's the beauty of Google! If only more people knew about it....
  • sadmuppetsadmuppet Posts: 8,222
    Forum Member
    I'm 24 and I've never heard of her. But that's the beauty of Google! If only more people knew about it....

I know! I'm going to tell all my friends about it! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    Perhaps some people like to ask on a forum because it feels like they're talking to other people. They might be lonely.
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    suejess wrote: »
    Perhaps some people like to ask on a forum because it feels like they're talking to other people. They might be lonely.

I'm lonely, but I prefer the speed and lack of bias Google offers if I'd really like to know something. I'd probably also try a bit harder not to sound as though I think I'm superior to people who do know who the people in the OP are.
  • Georges GrunGeorges Grun Posts: 957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does Somebody Know Who The Hell This Guy Is

Someone, Please
  • clara_sclara_s Posts: 146
    Forum Member
    Jerrybob wrote: »
    Yep he's worked his way up from playing to a handful of people in a pub when he was a teenager, sofa surfing, learning his craft, writing songs with beautiful lyrics that resonated with people. He deserves his success (latest album No1 in 65 countries including the US). He's incredibly talented

My kids were among those handful of people watching him in the pub. They said he was going to be big... they never suspected he would be THIS big!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    He's the most important and influential man in the British black music scene according to the BBC :confused:

And wiley kicked off about it on Twitter.

He has worked with Grime MC's/UK Rappers and is always on SB:TV but I can't see how he can be the most influential man in the scene. Even if it wasn't to do with colour, there are other white men who would be more influential than Ed. Don't get me wrong, I like Ed, but I have to agree that he shouldn't of made the top of that list. However, i don't like the way wiley made it about colour. Calling it the British 'Black' music scene in this day and age is just stupid and I wouldn't be surprised if he ruffled a few feathers by saying what he said.