Options

Aquariums: When to add 'Tetra AquaSafe' to the water?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 38
Forum Member
Hello,

I'm just about to add the water to my aquarium and with it was some Tetra AquaSafe that apparently 'neutralises substances that are harmful to fish'

Anyway my question is when do I add this? Straight away, a few days before the fish go in or just before the fish go in as it says 'Substances in the tap water which are harmful to fish are IMMEDIATELY neutralised.' It also says that it reduces stress levels and supports long lasting health of fish, so I am really am baffled on when to add it to the water.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to add it immediately before I added the water. Strictly speaking, if you've left the water standing overnight you probably won't need the AquaSafe but the tap water in the area I lived in was pretty high in chlorine so I wanted to be sure. Good luck with your fish :)
  • Options
    BrightSparksBrightSparks Posts: 1,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The night before id add a few drops in 2 new buckets of water and leave over night,
    Then i used to use the aqua vac to help take some of the poop ect off the gravel and then add the 2 new buckets of the fresh water that was at room temp which helped lesson the shock in the tank
    About once a month i do that.....
    Hope this helps.
  • Options
    malaikahmalaikah Posts: 20,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mix it with the water as you fill the reseptical... Pour it in straight away
  • Options
    Aarghawasp!Aarghawasp! Posts: 6,205
    Forum Member
    About to add water? So you're setting up a new tank? How big is it and what do you plan on keeping? :)

Read up on cycling the tank before you add fish.