Cheryl Cole weds French boyfriend after 3 months!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member
    Well I wouldn't know because it was twelve years ago and if it wasn't for people here, I would have forgotten it happened by now. Very sad people need to keep dragging it up really.

I thought that's how she got crowned "The Nation's Sweetheart" as she inspired thousands of girls in Newcastle nightclubs who could instantly relate to her, although her popularity started to wane when she outdone all their tramp stamps with that humungous flower tattoo.
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,979
    Forum Member
    I thought that's how she got crowned "The Nation's Sweetheart" as she inspired thousands of girls in Newcastle nightclubs who could instantly relate to her, although her popularity started to wane when she outdone all their tramp stamps with that humungous flower tattoo.

Get over it, I'm sure the woman who got hit has.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A Cheryl thread really isn't a Cheryl thread until the tired toilet attendant line is dragged out of the cupboard.

Yeah, we really need a "Ding!" soundclip ..

Actually, this will do just fine :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9NIZOvfKpc
  • Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They may well have known each other/been dating for longer than three months. We don't know everything about Cheryl's private life.

Good luck to them is what i say and i would never judge on a short relationship leading in to marriage if that is the case, it happens all the time. Some last, some don't. Same as some very long term relationships that then lead to marriage, some last, some don't.
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheryl Cole is not particularly talented - but she got a lucky break, career wise.

She seems a decent human being. Ashley Cole treated her very badly & I wish her luck with her new husband.

NB. I don't come from a rough, chavvy background - or, live my life through celebrities. Neither, am I dim :D

Decent human beings don't beat people up in nightclub toilets. I didn't want to trot out that old chestnut again, but it's true, we all make mistakes but she's never shown one bit of remorse for it. No sorry, nothing. Did you see what she did to that woman's face? If respect her a hell of a lot more if she just admitted she made a bad error of judgement.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a Cheryl fan at all but I'd raise eyebrows if anyone married after 3 months.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member
    redrose89 wrote: »
    Not a Cheryl fan at all but I'd raise eyebrows if anyone married after 3 months.

I think Cheryl has had botox before now.
    Forum Member
    Decent human beings don't beat people up in nightclub toilets. I didn't want to trot out that old chestnut again, but it's true, we all make mistakes but she's never shown one bit of remorse for it. No sorry, nothing. Did you see what she did to that woman's face? If respect her a hell of a lot more if she just admitted she made a bad error of judgement.

Why would she come out over a decade later and say she made an error of judgement? At the time she claimed self defence, if she believed she was defending herself she's not going to show remorse for that. It's over a decade since it happened, people really need to let it go.

Eastenders actor Leslie Grantham is a convicted murderer who spent 10 years in prison, eight years after his release he's one of the most popular soap actors in the country after stints in Doctor Who and other popular shows. His conviction for murder was never brought up, even after the sex scandal in 2004 it wasn't brought up.

You can't keep hammering people who have completed the punishment given to them. Let it go.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    It reeks of a desperate publicity stunt to me. She's got a new album on the way and her return to the X Factor is going to air on our screens soon...so she has every reason to make sure she's being talked about.

I have often found her to be a rather ridiculous person.
  • Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Silly lady.

I'm guessing she'll keep Ashley's surname?

Cheryl Fernandez-Versini - hmm let me think about that one!
  • John DoughJohn Dough Posts: 146,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Desperate publicity stunt. Purely a coincidence this has happened only a few weeks before the new series of X Factor I'm sure....

Yes I'm a cynic ;-):D

You're spot on and it's a last desperate throw of the dice for the talentless chav.
    Jog on Tweedy, your 15 minutes are over.>:(
    Forum Member
    Tatyana wrote: »
    It reeks of a desperate publicity stunt to me. She's got a new album on the way and her return to the X Factor is going to air on our screens soon...so she has every reason to make sure she's being talked about.

I have often found her to be a rather ridiculous person.

Which is why she got married a week before it became public, announced it for free on her Instagram on the day The Sun was running the story anyway and three to four months before her new album is going to be released. Surely if you're trying to promote your album release, you do so closer to the release date?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well I wouldn't know because it was twelve years ago and if it wasn't for people here, I would have forgotten it happened by now. Very sad people need to keep dragging it up really.

It's entirely relevant and sums her up perfectly,at the first sign of a disagreement with someone she resorted to violence.>:(
    Tweedy's a chav who got a very lucky break but she's still a chav and will never shake that off.
  • Gloria FandangoGloria Fandango Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Which is why she got married a week before it became public, announced it for free on her Instagram on the day The Sun was running the story anyway and three to four months before her new album is going to be released. Surely if you're trying to promote your album release, you do so closer to the release date?

I'm sure she'll come up with something else by then.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    John Dough wrote: »
    You're spot on and it's a last desperate throw of the dice for the talentless chav.
    Jog on Tweedy, your 15 minutes are over.>:(

There was a comment in a Popbitch email a few weeks ago saying we should all expect lots of stories about Cheryl on the front pages in the coming weeks and and months as we build towards the new series of the X Factor and her new album, though I must admit I didn't see this one coming. I thought maybe a pregnancy announcement or something, she's already had a life threatening illness hasn't she;-) In fact it wouldn't surprise me at all if we don't start hearing rumours of a pregnancy very soon, lots of pic of Cheryl in baggy clothes and rubbing her tummy. Queue lots of "do you have something to tell us' stories on the DM website.

You could easily write the script. Part of me feels a bit sorry for her, as she can't do anything else can she? Can't sing, can't act, doesn't have much of a personality, isn't all that bright either. That's why she needs fame and celebrity so badly. She's no better than the likes of the Kardashians with her desperate needs for fame and admiration.
    Forum Member
    It's entirely relevant and sums her up perfectly,at the first sign of a disagreement with someone she resorted to violence.>:(
    Tweedy's a chav who got a very lucky break but she's still a chav and will never shake that off.

Firstly, her name is Cole. Secondly, it has no relevance to the fact she is now married over a decade since it happened. It has about as much relevance to her marriage as the fact I got out of bed this morning does, absolutely none.
  • spkxspkx Posts: 14,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Interesting that the announcement follows yet more recent 'Chim' speculation.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spkx wrote: »
    Interesting that the announcement follows yet more recent 'Chim' speculation.

What, she could be the father of Kim's baby? :o:o:o
  • Gloria FandangoGloria Fandango Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It doesn't help her cause when she gives interviews saying things like: she wants to be invisible and would kill anyone 'stone dead' if they shaved off her hair.

It wouldn't even cross my mind to use a phrase like that, joking or not, in relation to a question about hair. She is a thug through and through and she keeps on letting it slip out.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    There was a comment in a Popbitch email a few weeks ago saying we should all expect lots of stories about Cheryl on the front pages in the coming weeks and and months as we build towards the new series of the X Factor and her new album, though I must admit I didn't see this one coming. I thought maybe a pregnancy announcement or something, she's already had a life threatening illness hasn't she;-) In fact it wouldn't surprise me at all if we don't start hearing rumours of a pregnancy very soon, lots of pic of Cheryl in baggy clothes and rubbing her tummy. Queue lots of "do you have something to tell us' stories on the DM website.

You could easily write the script. Part of me feels a bit sorry for her, as she can't do anything else can she? Can't sing, can't act, doesn't have much of a personality, isn't all that bright either. That's why she needs fame and celebrity so badly. She's no better than the likes of the Kardashians with her desperate needs for fame and admiration.

Cowell seems to have a hotline to The Sun which will eagerly print any scrap he throws them. He and Tweedy behave like a couple of drunks who need each other for support.

Isn't X Factor all about 'finding great new talent'?:confused:Yes that is a rhetorical question.;-)
  • Ben_Fisher1Ben_Fisher1 Posts: 2,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dave0893 wrote: »
    Fading fame? It's on the rise again thanks to her going back to X Factor, she didn't need to get married.

Come back single flopping? Its not released for another couple of weeks and has been doing brilliantly well on pre-orders.

I just don't think she is the type to marry for publicity, that is just another level which I don't think she is at. She took a year off when she was fired from X Factor, then took almost two years off after the GA reunion, she clearly isn't that fame hungry if she is willing to take such long breaks.

Anyway good luck to them.

The trouble is that she just has no genuine talent at all. She reminds me a lot of Victoria Beckham, she gets by on a manufactured sense of style, and an equally phoney 'charm' other than that she's dull as ditch-water. She cannot sustain a career in the music industry, so, not unlike our friend 'pwicey' she must sell her relationships to the media. That is what she is most famous for, she won't be around in 5 years I'm sure of it. God please don't tell me the public are that stupid.:(
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't want to trot out that old chestnut again

.. oh .. hang on ..
    .but she's never shown one bit of remorse for it. No sorry, nothing

If you'd hit someone in self defence, would you apologise for it ?
    Did you see what she did to that woman's face?

Oh yes, poor Sophie. Beaten to within an inch of her life Sophie. Sophie who only went to the press with allegations of racism after speaking to a PR Agent hired by the club she worked for. Yes, poor Sophie.
  • spkxspkx Posts: 14,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The trouble is that she just has no genuine talent at all. She reminds me a lot of Victoria Beckham, she gets by on a manufactured sense of style, and an equally phoney 'charm' other than that she's dull as ditch-water. She cannot sustain a career in the music industry, so, not unlike our friend 'pwicey' she must sell her relationships to the media. That is what she is most famous for, she won't be around in 5 years I'm sure of it. God please don't tell me the public are that stupid.:(

She's already been around in the music industry for 12 years, that's a huge career already by most standards, especially in chart/pop music.

Consider how many acts have come and completely gone in that time
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The only thing she has is her looks. She can't sing for toffee and has little in the way of personality. I remember an episode of of Graham Norton where she was sat next to Katy Perry, someone who's isn't as conventionally pretty as Cheryl but who has bags of charisma, is witty and has a cracking sense of humour. Cheryl was like a doll sat next to her, and if I was a man I know which one I'd go for.