Options

Raef has pulled the suede over your eyes!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 568
Forum Member
✭✭
It pains me to say something in inadvertent support of Michael, but after his little speech about no blameshifting and no lying, it is Raef who gets to work with some quickfire blameshifting and lying in the boardroom. Michael merely responded to what Raef was saying.

All this Michael is a Judas malarky. Michael is certainly an odious ****, but on the evidence of last night's show, Raef is the snake in the grass.

Watch back the boardroom and see who blameshifts first. I'll give you a clue - it's the guy with the dead animal on his head.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes naughty Raef :D I noticed that and was a little bit suprised that he tried to blame Michael after pointedly saying he wouldn't do that in the boardroom

However overall he has generally behaved much more honourably than most of the others :D
  • Options
    The RhydlerThe Rhydler Posts: 4,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He didn't blame him, the question was asked about who wanted the shot of the product removed and Rafe merely told the truth.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It pains me to say something in inadvertent support of Michael, but after his little speech about no blameshifting and no lying, it is Raef who gets to work with some quickfire blameshifting and lying in the boardroom. Michael merely responded to what Raef was saying.

All this Michael is a Judas malarky. Michael is certainly an odious ****, but on the evidence of last night's show, Raef is the snake in the grass.

Watch back the boardroom and see who blameshifts first. I'll give you a clue - it's the guy with the dead animal on his head.

Before the boardroom Raef said that he wasn't going to stab any one on the back or lie but he didn't say that he wasn't going to defend himself!! Otherwise why not just go home.

Raef said the truth in the boardroom. He said it exactly like it happened. See the editing of the ad in iPlayer. There were many close ups of the box in the ad initially and Michael was the one who insisted that the shots were vulgar and wanted all the shots of the box removed completely from the ad. Raef insisted that there should be close ups of the box in the ad. Raef then agreed with Michael that the shots were vulgar and they ended removing all the shots according to Michael's advice except for that shot of the box at the beginning.

So Raef said it as it is. He didn't shift the blame. Michael in the boardroom simply lied saying that "every thing decent came from him". We didn't see any valid contribution from Michael over the episode except his disastrous suggestion of removing all the shots of the box which ultimately cost them the task.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Precisely!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Before the boardroom Raef said that he wasn't going to stab any one on the back or lie but he didn't say that he wasn't going to defend himself!! Otherwise why not just go home.

Raef said the truth in the boardroom. He said it exactly like it happened. See the editing of the ad in iPlayer. There were many close ups of the box in the ad initially and Michael was the one who insisted that the shots were vulgar and wanted all the shots of the box removed completely from the ad. Raef insisted that there should be close ups of the box in the ad. Raef then agreed with Michael that the shots were vulgar and they ended removing all the shots according to Michael's advice except for that shot of the box at the beginning.

So Raef said it as it is. He didn't shift the blame. Michael in the boardroom simply lied saying that "every thing decent came from him". We didn't see any valid contribution from Michael over the episode except his disastrous suggestion of removing all the shots of the box which ultimately cost them the task.

Ahh thanks for that. I thought Raef has been a bit naughty there but if Michael did suggest it first then that explains it
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am I the only one here that thinks whilst Raef was okay in small doses he wasn't actually the second coming?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vidalia wrote: »
    Am I the only one here that thinks whilst Raef was okay in small doses he wasn't actually the second coming?

Raef was a nice bloke, highly eccentric and very amusing and he made great TV. I'm not sure he was that great at business though. Sometimes he was a bit daft. For example dressing up as a giant teddy to sell expensive wedding dresses. I loved watching him though
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't beleive in Jesus, so Rafe was the first coming in my eyes.
  • Options
    May BlossomMay Blossom Posts: 4,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tortue wrote: »
    Raef was a nice bloke, highly eccentric and very amusing and he made great TV. I'm not sure he was that great at business though. Sometimes he was a bit daft. For example dressing up as a giant teddy to sell expensive wedding dresses. I loved watching him though

That's exactly it. I'm beginning to despair as it is becoming more like BB forum on here every day. Michael should have gone by now - I agree but Raef is no businessman. It wasn't just the advert that Michael was involved in that was wrong it was everything apart from Claire pitch as far as I could see. On that basis AS decided he had to go. He was bl...y lucky with laundry task as it would have gone down the pan if Simon hadn't sorted out the actual doing of the work. If he hadn't he would have been out week 2 as they wouldn't have managed to finish the big order in the timescale.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was not lucky with the laundry task. They would have won it with the eyes closed, the girls were utter shite that week.

Rafe secured lots of big business deals AND then came back later to do some hard graft!
  • Options
    CLARKSONIOUSCLARKSONIOUS Posts: 478
    Forum Member
    I doubt we ever saw the real Raef on the Apprentice.

What he gave us was a performance.

An actor.
  • Options
    CXC3000CXC3000 Posts: 10,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Lol !! :D

I doubt we ever saw the real Raef on the Apprentice.

What he gave us was a performance.

An actor.

I wouldn't be surprised if he was a chav at the end of it all :cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reeeeally nice suit (if that's not an oxymoron) by Raef in YF.

Dave
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm certainly no Michael fan but we don't actually know that he lied about everthing decent coming from him because we didn't see enough of the task. Following your argument through, we didn't actually see any valid contribution from Raef either - indeed he made some glaringly obvious mistakes which consequently led to his demise.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Raef certainly wasn't blameless in this task but Michael has a history of mistakes/bad behaviour.

Personally I think Siralan feels that Michael is more his type of apprentice rather than Raef who he perhaps sees as a toff. He just sacked the person he liked least.