Home and Away is horrendous

13»

Comments

• Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's frankly absolute pants. The teens in particular, Josh, evie sasha aside are ruining it for me. Maddie is horrendous. Don't get me started on shandy.

Steve is brilliant in these casey death scenes though. Also I'm delighted casey died as I prefer kyle lol
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,265
    Forum Member
    Do you mean he is Heath's real life Brother-in-law? That explains it.

When he was sat next to Jett in his school uniform he looked like he was old enough to be Jett's father. Are the viewers expected to believe that this VJ is meant to be about 14yrs old?

In real life, yep.
  • Towie1977Towie1977 Posts: 668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's getting worse. Frankly the adult VJ is the least of the problems.
  • starry_runestarry_rune Posts: 9,006
    Forum Member
    Is anyone watching the re runs on 7two? They are currently in 1993. Tug is living with Sam, greg and Bobby. Finlay, Damien, Sally is living with Pippa, and Shane and Angel live with Fisher and they can't stand each other. Irene isn't permanent yet. Luke has brought his brother with learning difficulties to the bay.

Its brilliant. Shane and Tug were playing strip poker today so we saw Dieter's first offical shirtless scene where his hunkyness was starting to form ;)

search Home and away 1240 or use hola
  • Towie1977Towie1977 Posts: 668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What eppy numbers? Are they on YouTube? I miss H&a from the 90s.
  • Scorpio87Scorpio87 Posts: 1,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't go as far as horrendous but i would say its got extremely dull. They have plenty of characters but for one reason or another the majority of them are doing very little and haven't really had proper storylines for the last year or so. Most just seem to have the same scenes day in day out and i'm finding i've got a problem with every character going at the minute:

Maddy - i'll start with Maddy as she seems to get the most criticism but is actually one of my favourites. I get why people have taken against her, her constant loop of sulking and throwing strops have become tiring not to mention the merry go round of pointless teen relationships. Her and Spencer had/still have the strongest chemistry yet the writers insist on pairing her up with horrid Josh (who can do no wrong) and sweet (but only in a friend way) Oscar. The writing of the character has been so unsympathetic in a bid to garner a fanbase for the dreadful Josh/Evie relationship that i fear it may be irreversable. I'm really looking forward to the huge storyline shes got coming up in Oz at the minute as its the first 'proper' storyline the characters actually had and shes been there for two years already.

Brax - i've never liked Brax; too overused, too arrogant, just basically a bit of a pain, yet he has become the new Martha, the bosses obvious favourite. He seems to be one of the few with a storyline, but they all seem to be the same, he's either collapsing and is at deaths door for the 20th time in a week, being kidnapped/blacmailed or being shot at every five minutes. I'm sick of the sight of him and his miserable mug.

Spencer - lovely lad, very good looking but very bland, mainly due to the lack of any storyline whatsoever. Splitting him and Maddy up and bringing in Chris as the more interesting/funny brother has made Spencer a bit redundant. Plus he seems to be another Evie cheerleader/Maddy teller offer which really annoys me personally. I really hope the producers have some sort of plans for him, preferably getting him and Maddy back together ASAP otherwise their whole backstory/point of being in the Bay is very weak and a bit pointless.

Irene - what has become of Irene? Shes living with a bunch of teens who she doesn't seem that bothered about or invested in as none of them are bringing any drama to her door. Her friendship with Marilyn seems to have been replaced by Roo/Marilyn and all she seems to do is potter around making coffee for people/being bossed around in her own home by Sasha.

Marilyn - i love Marilyn but the dithering is driving me crazy! Will her and John get together or not? Will John propose? Where will they live? Will they ever get married? its just a constant loop of dithering about nothing and stretching it out as long as possible to cover for the fact theres nothing more exciting going on anywhere else.

Jett - one of the few well developed characters but seems a bit isolated. Why didn't they just upgrade Nina to a regular character? He seems to spend all his time with John or Marilyn usually as the voice of reason while they dither about absolute nonsense.

VJ - who's bright idea was it to recast a pint sized, baby faced actor with a 20 something, ripped, towering giant to play a 14/15 year old. Hes not as bad as i was expecting but the way he now towers over Leah, Jett and Zac make him look very out of place.

Josh - the Braxtons were so popular so the invented the spin off Barretts! Josh has to be the most miserable, whiny, up himself lad in the Bay. He's been there barely a year and he's been kidnapped at least four times. Shame they brought him back really.

Andy - or Heath 2.0 as he should be known. How long until him and Hannah are suddenly soppily married and he's reformed into a total saint. I don't like him as a bad boy and i don't like him as a good guy and he's another one who can't go five minutes without being shot at.

Ricky - i've said it before and i'll say it again, i just don't get Ricky. She's constantly superglued to Brax, doesn't have any friends and is basically a bit of a know it all. She just feels like a guest character thats outstayed her welcome.

Roo - i like Roo and her relationships with Alf/Marilyn/Maddy but i've always been a bit put of with the new 'hippy' Roo. She was supposedly a bit of a business shark and originally was quite conniving, since the recast shes been all sweetness and light and agony aunt/wise old soul to everyone. Shes nice but a bit bland now.

Alf - all he does lately is console Marilyn about her none existant problems or come down on Maddy like a ton of bricks everytime she so much as leaves a bowl to be washed up. He's not really had a storyline for ages and when he does pop up lately i'd rather he hadn't bothered.

Oscar - finally a positive with show. I always thought Oscar would be the boring twin (bit like Henry Hunter) compared to overused Evie but he's actually the only interesting member of the Maguire family. His self esteem issues are brilliant and hes actually a really good actor, i just hope he doesn't just get over it in a few weeks and is back to normal. Also stop pushing Maddy/Oscar as a couple they have even less chemistry than Josh/Evie.

Evie - sweet little Evie. Not. Two faced, annoying little know it all who gets away with being just as big a brat as Maddy purely because the writings been more sympathetic towards her. I'm sick of all the 'we love Evie/we hate Maddy' writing but i'm also just tired of Evie in general.

Denny - i keep forgetting Denny's even there most weeks if i'm honest. I don't buy this whole 'you were the love of Casey's life' rubbish as we all know Tamara probably holds that role and that Denny/Casey's 1 month relationship was rushed through because they knew Casey was going, therefore her 'grief' is just irritating.

Hannah - she didn't work with Andy, she doesn't work with Nate, she just seems to be a blander, older version of Denny and Evie.

Zac - i actually quite like him with Leah, but for months during his 'drinking' period he irritated the life out of me. He was whining on about Hannah dumping him as if she'd been the love of his life when they'd slept together once. Made him look a bit pathetic.

Leah - another bland man who's actor will no doubt choose to leave soon leaving Leah alone again. It's inevitable. Pair her up with Alf at least then we won't have the same continous loop with her love life. Putting her in the school was a good new direction for her but seeing as none of the kids have got a storyline between them, do they really need a counsellor?

Sasha - or SashaMatt as she should always be known as you never get one without the other thesedays. Shes always been a bit annoying but i guess without Dex or Indi about her smugness is just a lot more obvious.

Matt - seems like a decent character, strong backstory, follows Sasha about everywhere just being a bit loud and obnoxious.

Chris - one of the best developed characters on the show, yet still hasn't got a storyline (is he still credited as Guest Cast?). He's funny and works well with everyone but just keeps getting paired up with (then split up with) whoevers single this week and irritates Irene every now and again.

John - same as Marilyn really seeing as her and Jett seem to be the only people he interacts with lately.

Nate - very good looking, very predicatable storylines, very meh. Hes either super Doctor always on call, fighting with Sophie or paddling in that one man canoe thing of his. Then repeat.

Sophie - why are all the headteachers at Summer Bay High always crazy? Not only that but shes very unlikeable and i'll be pleased when shes finally gone.

Kyle - he's nice. And thats it. He's always getting bullied by Brax or pushed around by Phoebe, yet never sticks up for himself and if he does he's usually shouted down and we're back to square one with him.

Phoebe - i must admit i've liked her more recently but shes still highly irritating. Her bossiness and general 'i don't care if your brother's just died/been shot/sent to prison you should ditch them all for me' attitude is a bit full on. Plus she announces her lines like shes permanently surprised. Musician characters are annoying anyway as its just an excuse for the actor to either burst into song every five minutes (a la Nina Tucker from Neighbours) or play guitar.

Shandi - i'm assuming she'll be gone once John and Marilyn finally get married and good riddance. Such a mardy mare.

Blimey, didn't think the cast was that big. Maybe it just seems smaller because almost all of them have been on the constant loop of streching molehills and trying to make mountains out of absolutely nothing. I still love the show but i do find sometimes i can fast forward through an entire episode just to watch the preview of whats coming up at the end then make a decision whether or not to bother watching the next episode or not which is a shame. :(
  • T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm starting to feel sorry for Spencer, I have to say. The poor boy gets rejected by girls left, right and centre :D. All so Josh can be propped up as the teenage love god in Summer Bay.

First Sasha leaves him for Matt, then he gets rejected TWICE by Evie on two separate occasions. Even tried getting back together with Maddy, only to get rejected... again :D.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    For some reason we're behind the UK but I'm watching Casey's funeral now and it's actually a very good episode :(:(:cry:

Steve as Brax is excellent but it's infuriating that Heath didn't make an appearance >:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    T.K. Mazin wrote: »
    I'm starting to feel sorry for Spencer, I have to say. The poor boy gets rejected by girls left, right and centre :D. All so Josh can be propped up as the teenage love god in Summer Bay.

First Sasha leaves him for Matt, then he gets rejected TWICE by Evie on two separate occasions. Even tried getting back together with Maddy, only to get rejected... again :D.

>:(>:(>:(>:(
  • gwendagwenda Posts: 3,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scorpio87 wrote: »
    I wouldn't go as far as horrendous but i would say its got extremely dull. They have plenty of characters but for one reason or another the majority of them are doing very little and haven't really had proper storylines for the last year or so. Most just seem to have the same scenes day in day out and i'm finding i've got a problem with every character going at the minute:

Maddy - i'll start with Maddy as she seems to get the most criticism but is actually one of my favourites. I get why people have taken against her, her constant loop of sulking and throwing strops have become tiring not to mention the merry go round of pointless teen relationships. Her and Spencer had/still have the strongest chemistry yet the writers insist on pairing her up with horrid Josh (who can do no wrong) and sweet (but only in a friend way) Oscar. The writing of the character has been so unsympathetic in a bid to garner a fanbase for the dreadful Josh/Evie relationship that i fear it may be irreversable. I'm really looking forward to the huge storyline shes got coming up in Oz at the minute as its the first 'proper' storyline the characters actually had and shes been there for two years already.

Brax - i've never liked Brax; too overused, too arrogant, just basically a bit of a pain, yet he has become the new Martha, the bosses obvious favourite. He seems to be one of the few with a storyline, but they all seem to be the same, he's either collapsing and is at deaths door for the 20th time in a week, being kidnapped/blacmailed or being shot at every five minutes. I'm sick of the sight of him and his miserable mug.

Spencer - lovely lad, very good looking but very bland, mainly due to the lack of any storyline whatsoever. Splitting him and Maddy up and bringing in Chris as the more interesting/funny brother has made Spencer a bit redundant. Plus he seems to be another Evie cheerleader/Maddy teller offer which really annoys me personally. I really hope the producers have some sort of plans for him, preferably getting him and Maddy back together ASAP otherwise their whole backstory/point of being in the Bay is very weak and a bit pointless.

Irene - what has become of Irene? Shes living with a bunch of teens who she doesn't seem that bothered about or invested in as none of them are bringing any drama to her door. Her friendship with Marilyn seems to have been replaced by Roo/Marilyn and all she seems to do is potter around making coffee for people/being bossed around in her own home by Sasha.

Marilyn - i love Marilyn but the dithering is driving me crazy! Will her and John get together or not? Will John propose? Where will they live? Will they ever get married? its just a constant loop of dithering about nothing and stretching it out as long as possible to cover for the fact theres nothing more exciting going on anywhere else.

Jett - one of the few well developed characters but seems a bit isolated. Why didn't they just upgrade Nina to a regular character? He seems to spend all his time with John or Marilyn usually as the voice of reason while they dither about absolute nonsense.

VJ - who's bright idea was it to recast a pint sized, baby faced actor with a 20 something, ripped, towering giant to play a 14/15 year old. Hes not as bad as i was expecting but the way he now towers over Leah, Jett and Zac make him look very out of place.

Josh - the Braxtons were so popular so the invented the spin off Barretts! Josh has to be the most miserable, whiny, up himself lad in the Bay. He's been there barely a year and he's been kidnapped at least four times. Shame they brought him back really.

Andy - or Heath 2.0 as he should be known. How long until him and Hannah are suddenly soppily married and he's reformed into a total saint. I don't like him as a bad boy and i don't like him as a good guy and he's another one who can't go five minutes without being shot at.

Ricky - i've said it before and i'll say it again, i just don't get Ricky. She's constantly superglued to Brax, doesn't have any friends and is basically a bit of a know it all. She just feels like a guest character thats outstayed her welcome.

Roo - i like Roo and her relationships with Alf/Marilyn/Maddy but i've always been a bit put of with the new 'hippy' Roo. She was supposedly a bit of a business shark and originally was quite conniving, since the recast shes been all sweetness and light and agony aunt/wise old soul to everyone. Shes nice but a bit bland now.

Alf - all he does lately is console Marilyn about her none existant problems or come down on Maddy like a ton of bricks everytime she so much as leaves a bowl to be washed up. He's not really had a storyline for ages and when he does pop up lately i'd rather he hadn't bothered.

Oscar - finally a positive with show. I always thought Oscar would be the boring twin (bit like Henry Hunter) compared to overused Evie but he's actually the only interesting member of the Maguire family. His self esteem issues are brilliant and hes actually a really good actor, i just hope he doesn't just get over it in a few weeks and is back to normal. Also stop pushing Maddy/Oscar as a couple they have even less chemistry than Josh/Evie.

Evie - sweet little Evie. Not. Two faced, annoying little know it all who gets away with being just as big a brat as Maddy purely because the writings been more sympathetic towards her. I'm sick of all the 'we love Evie/we hate Maddy' writing but i'm also just tired of Evie in general.

Denny - i keep forgetting Denny's even there most weeks if i'm honest. I don't buy this whole 'you were the love of Casey's life' rubbish as we all know Tamara probably holds that role and that Denny/Casey's 1 month relationship was rushed through because they knew Casey was going, therefore her 'grief' is just irritating.

Hannah - she didn't work with Andy, she doesn't work with Nate, she just seems to be a blander, older version of Denny and Evie.

Zac - i actually quite like him with Leah, but for months during his 'drinking' period he irritated the life out of me. He was whining on about Hannah dumping him as if she'd been the love of his life when they'd slept together once. Made him look a bit pathetic.

Leah - another bland man who's actor will no doubt choose to leave soon leaving Leah alone again. It's inevitable. Pair her up with Alf at least then we won't have the same continous loop with her love life. Putting her in the school was a good new direction for her but seeing as none of the kids have got a storyline between them, do they really need a counsellor?

Sasha - or SashaMatt as she should always be known as you never get one without the other thesedays. Shes always been a bit annoying but i guess without Dex or Indi about her smugness is just a lot more obvious.

Matt - seems like a decent character, strong backstory, follows Sasha about everywhere just being a bit loud and obnoxious.

Chris - one of the best developed characters on the show, yet still hasn't got a storyline (is he still credited as Guest Cast?). He's funny and works well with everyone but just keeps getting paired up with (then split up with) whoevers single this week and irritates Irene every now and again.

John - same as Marilyn really seeing as her and Jett seem to be the only people he interacts with lately.

Nate - very good looking, very predicatable storylines, very meh. Hes either super Doctor always on call, fighting with Sophie or paddling in that one man canoe thing of his. Then repeat.

Sophie - why are all the headteachers at Summer Bay High always crazy? Not only that but shes very unlikeable and i'll be pleased when shes finally gone.

Kyle - he's nice. And thats it. He's always getting bullied by Brax or pushed around by Phoebe, yet never sticks up for himself and if he does he's usually shouted down and we're back to square one with him.

Phoebe - i must admit i've liked her more recently but shes still highly irritating. Her bossiness and general 'i don't care if your brother's just died/been shot/sent to prison you should ditch them all for me' attitude is a bit full on. Plus she announces her lines like shes permanently surprised. Musician characters are annoying anyway as its just an excuse for the actor to either burst into song every five minutes (a la Nina Tucker from Neighbours) or play guitar.

Shandi - i'm assuming she'll be gone once John and Marilyn finally get married and good riddance. Such a mardy mare.

Blimey, didn't think the cast was that big. Maybe it just seems smaller because almost all of them have been on the constant loop of streching molehills and trying to make mountains out of absolutely nothing. I still love the show but i do find sometimes i can fast forward through an entire episode just to watch the preview of whats coming up at the end then make a decision whether or not to bother watching the next episode or not which is a shame. :(

Accurate.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I dislike this Josh/Evelyn/Maddy love triangle. cause I dislike all characters involved,Josh wouldn't be where he is today if wasn't for Maddy, if he doesn't like her anymore fair enough but he repays cheating on her and then cheats on his girlfriend Evelyn/uses Maddy, why are they trying to make out Evelyn as the good guy/sympathetic in this love triangle she is an two faced, spoilt brat and just as annoying as Maddy who kissed another girls boyfriend she is no innocent party. Maddy is annoying but she helped Josh get on his feet when first arrived and he acts like Evelyn is the best thing to happen to him like what has she ever done for him. Maddy has always been annoying as far as I remember, but seems they made her more annoying/unlikeable since this love triangle.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Scorpio87 wrote: »

IMO it would be Ruby rather than Tamara, I never really liked Casey/Tamara, I found them very annoying and contrived (and I think he has more chemistry with Ruby than Tamara) , the foundation of there relationship seemed based on the circumstances they met and that's why the relationship become so serious so fast, whereas it probably wouldn't if they met in normal circumstances, because when she lost her memory and then they returned, the way they got back together was her helping him after his accident, but once he recovered they lost the spark and then broke up again. Denny wouldn't of been one of the girlfriends he proposed to it would of been Ruby or Tamara or even Henri or Linda before Denny. I think they forced Denny/Casey to make it more dramatic for when Casey was killed off.