9200 price drop

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 425
Forum Member
I have noticed recently that some online retailers have reduced the price of the 9200. I am looking to purchase one in the near future to use along side my excellent 8000 which has worked virtually flawlessly for the last 18 months or so. Still have lots of recordings to watch on the 8000 yet though due to the upgraded HDD so in the mean time I would be grateful if members can list here the best 9200 price they have seen. I am reluctant to give my hard earned cash to Comet due to past dealings with them so any experiences you have had of the retailer in question would also be useful ie delivery time or returning faulty goods, etc.
Anybody been brave enough to try an upgrade to the HDD in their 9200 yet?
Many thanks.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    £200 from a major "High Street" retailer (Curries or Comet, I think).

The 160Gb does me fine - I doubt many will bother to upgrade the HDD.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Gadget, when I looked around a couple of months ago there were a few places online selling the 9200t that you could check. There may be retailers on board with the 9200t since then so it might be a bit out of date

http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=327751
    Post 22
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Currys 229.99
    comet 219.94 web price
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 178
    Forum Member
    Hughes Direct £207 plus £6 delivery in mainland UK.
    http://ws1.hughesdirect.co.uk/productlist.php?cda=productlist&sgroup=DIGITAL.TERRESTRIAL

I bought from them in December - good service
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 341
    Forum Member
    Superfi, INTERNET OFFER: £206.95, UK Mainland Delivery : £0.00.
    (Where I got mine last year.)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    raymogy wrote:
    Currys 229.99
    comet 219.94 web price
    I got if just after Christmas - so maybe that was just the sale price.

And after we were all told that Sales aren't really cheaper.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 92
    Forum Member
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it worth paying 30 pounds more then the digi200 at 179.99 deleived
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    Bought my 9200t at the weekend from Martin Dawes for £200
    It was on sale for £220 but i got them down to £200 without
    any fuss. I just asked if they would match their online price.
    Good service too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    raymogy wrote:

I presume you mean the Digifusion FVRT200? If so, you can get it a lot cheaper than £179.99. TribalUK have it for £154.49 inc delivery and VAT.

It depends what you are looking for in a PVR. Both are generally solid as PVR's go, however the Humax has a bigger HD and more facilities.

Mark.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53
    Forum Member
    SuperFi in Nottingham were doing it for £219 in store the other week - at least that way you don't have to wait in all day for a Parcelforce delivery that never arrives......
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    raymogy wrote:

Do you really need the extra 80Gb space, Topup TV option, record 2 and watch a 3rd channel, quietness, multiple resume play, picture in/and picture, recodings downloads etc? If not then I its not really essential. But one the other hand if say for example you do want an extra 80Gb hard drive then you probably be willing to pay the £30 for that alone.

Personally, now that I have used 3 Fusion products I would definately pay the extra just for the quality of the pictures and maybe the build quality and user interface/user interaction alone, even if the hard disk was the same size and everything. I dont think i would be going back to Fusions now for main viewing, but I cant say I havent had better than adequate service out of them till I bought a Humax PVR as I'm sure a lot of people will agree. But have no fear with the Fusions I really believe they offer fair value for money. Have you considered the Fusion 145 and the differences to take into account between it and the 200 - as there is another considerable price difference there in itself.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could be worth checking stock at these places

heathrow systems 199.99 inc delivery
    edirectory 201 inc del
    trilbal 201 inc delivery
    247electrical 203 delivered
    24electric £203 delivered
    martin dawes 204 inc
    edfenergyshop £193.83 plus £7 delivery
    buy your AV £193.99 £10 delivery
    multiregionmagic £199 £6 for next day delivery
    hughesdirect £199.99 £6 delivery

superfi 207 inc delive
    direct electricals 210 inc delivery
    comet 220 inc delivery
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,528
    Forum Member
    marcdavis wrote:
    Do you really need the extra 80Gb space, Topup TV option, record 2 and watch a 3rd channel, quietness, multiple resume play, picture in/and picture, recodings downloads etc?
    And bugs? :p

Cliff
  • BoinngBoinng Posts: 5,752
    Forum Member
    CJL wrote:
    And bugs? :p

Cliff

And lack of chaseplay :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :eek: Gosh I didnt realise the post look like I was being smug - completely unintentional - Along the same sort of lines as your debate about whether the extra £30 for the fusion200 over the 145 was worth it given the list of extras you get with the 200.

Bugs wise there is a list of things the manufacturer will want to look at for this PVR release. OK fine but its good that there isnt ambiguity about these questions with the manufacturer; dialogue is also refreshingly open. The one I find , but suprisingly only occasionally really, is the wrong date stamp on a recording in the playlist when it was set to a daily or weekly timer. What you cant do via software for say a load of wishlists, is things like picture in picture, topup TV ability etc etc and that is the point of the above weighing up process - do you need to pay an extra £30 for these things or would you be just as happy with a cheaper model.
    Chase play - cheap shot Boinng :rolleyes: ;) - When I first found this out I alerted potential purchasers in various posts around DS. But after that we all soon found that if we want to watch a programme while its still recording, we can do; so even though Humax will put that in via a dedicated software interface method, I'm not prevented anyway until that time. Again, while Humax can put chase play in, and Fusion may be able to fix all bugs eventually, the manufacturer cant wish in an extra 80gig hard drive or better performaing tuners etc. you will often be stuck with certain things hardware wise.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 437
    Forum Member
    marcdavis wrote:
    :Chase play - cheap shot Boinng :rolleyes: ;) - When I first found this out I alerted potential purchasers in various posts around DS. But after that we all soon found that if we want to watch a programme while its still recording, we can do; so even though Humax will put that in via a dedicated software interface method, I'm not prevented anyway until that time. Again, while Humax can put chase play in, and Fusion may be able to fix all bugs eventually, the manufacturer cant wish in an extra 80gig hard drive or better performaing tuners etc. you will often be stuck with certain things hardware wise.

Sorry, I haven't been following any of the Humax threads for a while but as I understood it, last time I was reading, did you not have to keep the Humax tuned to the channel it was recording in order to watch a recording in progress? If that was the case is then that not just using the buffer?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 179
    Forum Member
    marcdavis wrote:
    Chase play - cheap shot Boinng :rolleyes: ;) - When I first found this out I alerted potential purchasers in various posts around DS. But after that we all soon found that if we want to watch a programme while its still recording, we can do; so even though Humax will put that in via a dedicated software interface method, I'm not prevented anyway until that time.

Sorry if I've missed something but have Humax actually committed to putting in Chase Play? If it's not in the original spec's I'd be surprised at them doing this rather than bug hunting...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hodg100 wrote:
    Sorry, I haven't been following any of the Humax threads for a while but as I understood it, last time I was reading, did you not have to keep the Humax tuned to the channel it was recording in order to watch a recording in progress? If that was the case is then that not just using the buffer?

hodg100 I am not certain I understand what you are saying. sorry. It is true that one of the ways to watch a programme from the beginning before you have finished recording all of it is use the method you describe using the buffer. The only problem with that method is if you change channel you loose the buffer and you cant do anything else like go into menus, playlist. I prefer the other method because it leaves me comepletely free to watch as much as I want when I want and not be affected by doing something else on the box.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 108
    Forum Member
    I have both the Fusion 150 and Humax 9200t. The 150 has been very solid but 80gb is not big enough and I developed an annoying habit of deleting what I had just watched almost instantly so as to free up space ( this really annoys my wife as she normally falls asleep during the last 5 mins!!!). The Humax 9200t also performs well and the 160 gb is plenty and allows me to record masses but I would like to know what the chase play fit is that marcdavis describes. I would also agree with the picture quality, it is better on the Humax but I have found that when played through my Sony amp the sound is vastly better and has allowed me to get a really good surround set up. If I had to get rid of one the Fusion would be the one to go and is now on our smaller tv.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry if I've missed something but have Humax actually committed to putting in Chase Play? If it's not in the original spec's I'd be surprised at them doing this rather than bug hunting...

They seem commited to doing both bugs and wishlist stuff and seem happy to communicate their current time plan, though the risk is it does leave them open to critisim if they have delays. Thats the problem with wish list stuff - they arent in the original spec and I guess will need to think about changing spec sheets, marketing stuff given to retailers, amending the manual that goes in every box...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mazed wrote:
    I have both the Fusion 150 and Humax 9200t. The 150 has been very solid but 80gb is not big enough and I developed an annoying habit of deleting what I had just watched almost instantly so as to free up space ( this really annoys my wife as she normally falls asleep during the last 5 mins!!!). The Humax 9200t also performs well and the 160 gb is plenty and allows me to record masses but I would like to know what the chase play fit is that marcdavis describes. I would also agree with the picture quality, it is better on the Humax but I have found that when played through my Sony amp the sound is vastly better and has allowed me to get a really good surround set up. If I had to get rid of one the Fusion would be the one to go and is now on our smaller tv.

mazed sure, you do two things: using the remote press stop to stop the recording of the programme and press record to record the programme - one after the other. The effect of doing the stop is to send everything that has been recorded of the current programme to the playlist so you can watch whatever you want of it, while the unit is still recording the rest of the programme.

I know for a workaround its easy but thats not to say its not a wishlist item. It would be nice if when a recording starts its entry is put in the playlist at the start not end of the recording, and then be able to just pick the entry for viewing from the playlist. The unit is already able to put an icon next to a recording entry in the playlist so perhaps one for denoting that the entry in a playlist is a recording in progress is all thats needed. Or maybe a colour scheme on the font. Or take the best methods of another PVR and copy it!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 437
    Forum Member
    marcdavis wrote:
    hodg100 I am not certain I understand what you are saying. sorry. It is true that one of the ways to watch a programme from the beginning before you have finished recording all of it is use the method you describe using the buffer. The only problem with that method is if you change channel you loose the buffer and you cant do anything else like go into menus, playlist. I prefer the other method because it leaves me comepletely free to watch as much as I want when I want and not be affected by doing something else on the box.

Sorry Marc, what I was asking is, what is the other way you can watch a currently recording programme without having to keep 'Tuner 1' the currently watched programme.

Apologies again, I haven't been keeping up :o

EDIT: Sorry just read the post above - so answer is, you can't really but I suppose it's an adequate workaround :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hodg100 wrote:
    Sorry Marc, what I was asking is, what is the other way you can watch a currently recording programme without having to keep 'Tuner 1' the currently watched programme.

Apologies again, I haven't been keeping up :o

EDIT: Sorry just read the post above - so answer is, you can't really but I suppose it's an adequate workaround :)

Oh OK yes no worries. The quick stop start method just solves it as a problem so I use that with your machine as sometimes I find the buffer a bit of a bind when compared to my Fusion.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 108
    Forum Member
    Thanks for your quick reply marc