Options

New Doctor Who Fan (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    Eowyn WEowyn W Posts: 6,792
    Forum Member
    Muttley76 wrote: »
    YT is behaving itself now...:)

the voting so far is quite interesting, dare i say a surprise winner atm?

Interesting...

When are we expecting results..?
  • Options
    Tigger-RooTigger-Roo Posts: 10,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    YT is behaving itself now...:)

the voting so far is quite interesting, dare i say a surprise winner atm?

I must say I'm very intrigued. Is it very erratic Muttley? I would imagine scary/spooky moments would be quite personal and what scares one person could be quite tame to another.:)
  • Options
    Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eowyn W wrote: »
    Interesting...

When are we expecting results..?

votes close tomorrow evening. I will do the video Tuesday, results posted Wednesday
    Tigger-Roo wrote: »
    I must say I'm very intrigued. Is it very erratic Muttley? I would imagine scary/spooky moments would be quite personal and what scares one person could be quite tame to another.:)

In some ways yes and in others no, tigger! To clarify there are perhaps 5 nominees getting votes consistently, the voting other than that is very erratic.

A few votes here or there could alter the placings of the big five quite considerabley though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    votes close tomorrow evening. I will do the video Tuesday, results posted Wednesday

In some ways yes and in others no, tigger! To clarify there are perhaps 5 nominees getting votes consistently, the voting other than that is very erratic.

A few votes here or there could alter the placings of the big five quite considerabley though.

That's really interesting Muttley. Can't wait for the results.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,666
    Forum Member
    First, I'd like to begin with the worst point of this story for me : the music ! Buzzes and weird noises ? Oh dear, it was awful !
    I usually watch with the subtitles for the hearing impaired, it helps me in case there is someone talking with a broad accent or if the dialogue goes too fast or if there are technical terms. It is often quite funny, because since it's for the hearing impaired, all the noises are also described : "telephone ringing" or "alarm blaring". But the music was so weird, that in two instances the guy didn't make the subtitles for the alarm or for the noises ! Maybe he thought that was just the music :D

I loved Delgado's Master. He is very sleek, isn't he ? I understand now why they called Ainley's a panto villian and why Simm's can grate on some nerves !
    I still loves Simm's Master though. And I can see an evolution from the very classy Delgado, to the slightly panto Ainley ending in over-the-top Simm.
    It was nice also to have this line when the Doctor explains they were "like at school together". And I also liked this early fascination for children's programs that we find back in Simm's Master.
    Really really good continuity here done by the New Who writers. Well, I meant by RTD of course :D

I like Jo. She is a silly girl, but she is not useless, despite screaming a lot and she is good-hearted. And I like the closeness of her relationship with the Doctor.

The story was in itself a bit of a repeat of what we had last week, so nothing really exciting here. I even found it a bit long, I'd have prefered it an episode shorter.
    I think its strong point was really in good secondary characters (I loved hating the Parliamentary Secretary !) and in the Master.
    There was also some weird things with the elapsing time. I thought it was particularly blatant when the Doctor tried the device that hurts the Sea Devils with the noise : it took the Master a good ten minutes - enough time for Jo and the Captain to escape, run to the beach and steal a hovercraft - before realizing that his ally was writhing in pain and that he should stop the device !

Am I the only one to think that the WoM transformed humans have a mouth and eyes that look a lot like the Sea Devils' ?
    Of course, since WoM is set in the future and that the Sea Devils supposedly took refuge beneath the surface when the Moon approached the Earth as was explained in last week's episode, I really don't see how they could end up on Mars, or even how they could transform humans into hybrid.
    But the make-up was really reminiscent of that to me.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Yes, what scares people can be particular to them.

I wonder if it is New Who moments which are getting more consistent votes as the older clips may have been scary at the time, but do not seem quite as frigtening now. That's why I went with my feelings first time I saw them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh blooming darn it!!!!!:mad: after MQ for the first time after such a long time....the whole thing disappears!!!!!!!!:mad: Stupid DS/Computer!!!!!!!

Well Okay from memory....agree with the whole K9 is supposed to be disco!!!!!

Macek....this is one small step to the blue victory....one day you shall convert!!!!:p
    And Crowfoot...welcome to the dark side....I mean blue side:D

SheMoore, really annoyed to hear that your nieghbour also got a letter....I so hope that this person gets caught at soon...its really not fair for them to get away with harrasing others like that!!!:mad:

Weedle thankyou for that picture of DT as a clown...although it begs the question, why didn't he just go as the Doctor?...;):D

Solamenn, glad that Blue bird with the magical leaf is working now!!!!

And that is all I can remember!!!:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Solamenn wrote: »
    First, I'd like to begin with the worst point of this story for me : the music ! Buzzes and weird noises ? Oh dear, it was awful !
    I usually watch with the subtitles for the hearing impaired, it helps me in case there is someone talking with a broad accent or if the dialogue goes too fast or if there are technical terms. It is often quite funny, because since it's for the hearing impaired, all the noises are also described : "telephone ringing" or "alarm blaring". But the music was so weird, that in two instances the guy didn't make the subtitles for the alarm or for the noises ! Maybe he thought that was just the music :D

I loved Delgado's Master. He is very sleek, isn't he ? I understand now why they called Ainley's a panto villian and why Simm's can grate on some nerves !
    I still loves Simm's Master though. And I can see an evolution from the very classy Delgado, to the slightly panto Ainley ending in over-the-top Simm.
    It was nice also to have this line when the Doctor explains they were "like at school together". And I also liked this early fascination for children's programs that we find back in Simm's Master.
    Really really good continuity here done by the New Who writers. Well, I meant by RTD of course :D

I like Jo. She is a silly girl, but she is not useless, despite screaming a lot and she is good-hearted. And I like the closeness of her relationship with the Doctor.

The story was in itself a bit of a repeat of what we had last week, so nothing really exciting here. I even found it a bit long, I'd have prefered it an episode shorter.
    I think its strong point was really in good secondary characters (I loved hating the Parliamentary Secretary !) and in the Master.
    There was also some weird things with the elapsing time. I thought it was particularly blatant when the Doctor tried the device that hurts the Sea Devils with the noise : it took the Master a good ten minutes, enough time for Jo and the Captain to escape, run to the beach and steal a hovercraft, before realizing that his ally was writhing in pain he should stop the device !

Am I the only one to think that the WoM transformed humans have a mouth and eyes that look a lot like the Sea Devils' ?
    Of course, since WoM is set in the future and that the Sea Devils supposedly took refuge beneath the surface when the Moon approached the Earth as was explained in last week's episode, I really don't see how they could end up on Mars, or even how they could transform humans into hybrid.
    But the make-up was really reminiscent of that to me.

I have not caught up yet, but I will by this time next week. Glad you enjoyed Delgado Master - you were hoping to see him soon! Love his fondness of the Clangers - made me smile when Simm Master watched the Teletubbies!
  • Options
    doctordalekdoctordalek Posts: 171
    Forum Member
    Tumpy wrote: »
    Or Davros and Dalek Caan. or even to get all four the cult of Skaro
    Webslark wrote: »
    ELIMINATE!!!! ;)

i'm a bit behind with the thread, but you lot are making me laugh
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

see the way i look at it is that all of the different Master's bring something to the party. I will always have a soft spot for Ainley's Master myself, I like a nice old moustache twirling villain! And to me Simm's Master is like the yang to Tennants Yin, so it works well. And the brief glimpse we see of Jacobs Master is more in line with Nine, if that makes sense. However I think Delgado is probably the fan boys and girls favorite in the role. He is very smooth.

Yep, i think you get a sense of resonance here, which works very well.

Jo is a sweetheart, very sweet and kind in nature, even if she lacks the intellect of Liz or the guts of Sarah Jane. Her vulnerability is very appealing to me.

No you aren't alone. It has been mentioned, though whether there is any substance to it I don't know...i think personally they have based the design on them as a nod to the past rather than it being a direct link, if that makes sense.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I have not caught up yet, but I will by this time next week. Glad you enjoyed Delgado Master - you were hoping to see him soon!

Yes, I remembered typing that when I took the DVD off the box and saw a picture of Delgado :D

No you aren't alone. It has been mentioned, though whether there is any substance to it I don't know...i think personally they have based the design on them as a nod to the past rather than it being a direct link, if that makes sense.

In any case, the mystery will be solved in two weeks now :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:D*bounces*:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's a question for you all: will this thread be split again before or after WoM?

I'm betting a sixpence on it being before.....;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Here's a question for you all: will this thread be split again before or after WoM?

If not before, then I am sure we will be posting so much directly afterwards that we will find ourselves on Part Baker the First!

Hello DoctorDalek - you are only about a week behind (or less, by the time you see this!)
  • Options
    Forum Member

Oh, 2 weeks, right at this minute, we will have seen it!!!

:D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member

I'm going for after ! We are in the Pertwee era. There aren't that many stories but they are all seven episodes long :D
    But I'll probably be wrong. I always am at this kind of guess :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member

Yes, and I'll be thinking : "I've got to go to bed or I'll never be able to wake up tomorrow morning for work" and I'll still be typing nonetheless :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

...and then the fun will REALLY start.

Actually I'll probably be refreshing the YT search page waiting for someone to upload it so i can finish my very own 'project 3'...:p

Speaking of which, I am going to post the link to my updated thriller video again cause i don't know why but i get the feeling i was too subtle in my delivery of it yesterday!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XF-E9h2aKF8

(excuse the ego and all!:D)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, and I'll be thinking : "I've got to go to bed or I'll never be able to wake up tomorrow morning for work" and I'll still be typing nonetheless :D

SQUEEEEEEEEE!!! Two weeks!!!! Fantastic stuff. :D

Edit: I think we'll be split mid WOM chat. We'll be chatting away and the thread will lock mid :eek::eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    see the way i look at it is that all of the different Master's bring something to the party. I will always have a soft spot for Ainley's Master myself, I like a nice old moustache twirling villain! And to me Simm's Master is like the yang to Tennants Yin, so it works well. And the brief glimpse we see of Jacobs Master is more in line with Nine, if that makes sense. However I think Delgado is probably the fan boys and girls favorite in the role. He is very smooth.

I think for that is why, although Ainley was very good too, Delgado, and Simm work really well, because the Doctors that they are paired off with are very well suited with them...and I think that is where Ainley's Master lost out on....he didn't go too well with Baker or Davison (although I still have yet to see him with The Cilin Baker and McCoy)...
    Also, even though Delgado is a very smooth Master....he can still be very OTT...Daemons is a very example of this....
    The only Master that hasn't worked completely for me is Roberts...and I think the Terminator look may have not helped in that;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ...and then the fun will REALLY start.

Actually I'll probably be refreshing the YT search page waiting for someone to upload it so i can finish my very own 'project 3'...:p

Speaking of which, I am going to post the link to my updated thriller video again cause i don't know why but i get the feeling i was too subtle in my delivery of it yesterday!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XF-E9h2aKF8

(excuse the ego and all!:D)

I'm sorry Muttley I'm having difficulty viewing anything on YouTube. Get started and then it freezes on me never to be unstuck. I can get 12secs into yours. :(

I need to make videos myself, so many ideas floating around, but lately I just haven't found the time. Maybe now the kids are back at school I'll have another crack...but I'm kinda taken up with a rewatch also. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    crazzyaz7 wrote: »
    The only Master that hasn't worked completely for me is Roberts...and I think the Terminator look may have not helped in that;)

erm yeah, i think the less said about him the bettr. I always think it must be tough being an actor in the shadow of such a well known sibling.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm going for after ! We are in the Pertwee era. There aren't that many stories but they are all seven episodes long :D

True - at least more episodes exist than we had in Part Troughton and they do tend to be longer!

Me too - I always intend an early night and it rarely happens, but two weeks today I can imagine I will be having a very late night indeed!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

If not before, then I am sure we will be posting so much directly afterwards that we will find ourselves on Part Baker the First!

Hello DoctorDalek - you are only about a week behind (or less, by the time you see this!)
    SQUEEEEEEEEE!!! Two weeks!!!! Fantastic stuff. :D

Edit: I think we'll be split mid WOM chat. We'll be chatting away and the thread will lock mid :eek::eek:

If the split comes before Waters of Mars.....does this mean we will get to Part Tennant before even Tennant leaves??????:eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry Muttley I'm having difficulty viewing anything on YouTube. Get started and then it freezes on me never to be unstuck. I can get 12secs into yours. :(

I need to make videos myself, so many ideas floating around, but lately I just haven't found the time. Maybe now the kids are back at school I'll have another crack...but I'm kinda taken up with a rewatch also. :)

you might need to update flash player?

i seem to have so many ideas at the minute i can't keep up with them.

today i came up with an idea for a funny christmas video, which might be a good way to put you in good spirits for the festive season come mid december!:D
This discussion has been closed.