Options

Oswin and Clara...

OhWhenTheSaintsOhWhenTheSaints Posts: 12,531
Forum Member
✭✭
Are they like...The same person or not? Because they used very similar phrases and she made a reference to Oswin.

Comments

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also...I noticed tonight...Didn't she have cute little tiny hands!? Lol.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are they like...The same person or not? Because they used very similar phrases and she made a reference to Oswin.

Something wibbly wobbly going on. Or it's like Blackadder!
  • Options
    Miasima GoriaMiasima Goria Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    craggers wrote: »
    Something wibbly wobbly going on. Or it's like Blackadder!

Indeedy. There's three Claras now in the timeline thingy. :confused:
  • Options
    alexjones50alexjones50 Posts: 3,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    so will we see the introduction of present day clara next episode? is the doctor just gonna show up and whisk her off? does present day clara have any idea about the other 2 claras? pretty confusing ending, hopefully we'll get some answers when doctor who returns in the spring.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does the Doctor not remember her?
  • Options
    Miasima GoriaMiasima Goria Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    so will we see the introduction of present day clara next episode? is the doctor just gonna show up and whisk her off? does present day clara have any idea about the other 2 claras? pretty confusing ending, hopefully we'll get some answers when doctor who returns in the spring.

And will it be the same Clara each episode?
  • Options
    TRT1968TRT1968 Posts: 2,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh my God! They killed Clara!

(You b***ards!)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ahhhh she is the same person. Sorry, posted this half way through the episode.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    TRT1968 wrote: »
    Oh my God! They killed Clara!

(You b***ards!)

Soooo funny:D But I so agree - I couldn't believe it when she actually died!!
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Glad they killed barmaid Clara off. Couldn't be doing with that cockney accent for a full series.
  • Options
    JAS84JAS84 Posts: 7,430
    Forum Member
    Her grave said CLARA OSWIN OSWALD. So yeah, same person, yet she's now died twice. She'll steal Rory's reputation, lol!
  • Options
    ryanr554ryanr554 Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JAS84 wrote: »
    Her grave said CLARA OSWIN OSWALD. So yeah, same person, yet she's now died twice. She'll steal Rory's reputation, lol!

Even if she does, it will take even longer for her to steal Jacks reputation!
  • Options
    JedHawkJedHawk Posts: 442
    Forum Member
    Just to confirm, in AOTD, The Doctor only SAW a Dalek. The woman WE saw was Oswin, for the purposes of visualising her. It could be her past self, and likely, the same woman as Clara Oswin Oswald. He heard her, and at the end of tonight's Snowmen episode, confirmed that it was the same voice and linked his memories of her calling him a clever boy, even the reference to souffle.
    Then, of course, when Clara died, she told him that she remembered. The timeline is screwed, again.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe she's like a mixture of Captain Jack style time agent and the clones from the Arnie action blockbuster 'The 6th Day'. ( Don't pretend you haven't seen it.......... Ok- to simplify it a bit, it's where the bad guys are cloning themselves, storing their memory every day, and can grow a clone and dump their memory, from the last memory backup, back in if they are killed. Never ending supply of henchmen)
  • Options
    JAS84JAS84 Posts: 7,430
    Forum Member
    ^The Sontarans have that tech!:eek:
  • Options
    LivingDestinyLivingDestiny Posts: 714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's The Rani ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No one else notice her tiny cute little hands? :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 134
    Forum Member
    I'm gonna bet on there just being one Clara/Oswin (possibly the modern one, unless she dies too) being Bad-Wolfed through time. Victorian Clara was just her personality beamed into living snow, and Dalek Oswin was her personality beamed into a... well, you can guess.
  • Options
    PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Silence Will Fall
  • Options
    Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    Must say, I'm never keen on when TV series' kill off a character and have them replaced by another "version" of the same character.

I'm not sure the writers always realise that fans become attached to actual characters rather than simply enjoying seeing actors playing a given role.

When you see one character going through experiences you start to feel for that specific character and having them die and be replaced by another iteration of the same character isn't the same character, IMO at least.

Course, it remains to be seen how they go on to deal with the whole "Clara" thing in future episodes.
    I hope it doesn't end up like Kenny in Southpark where she's continually getting killed and "redicovered" though.
  • Options
    DJGMDJGM Posts: 3,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Si_Crewe wrote: »
    I'm never keen on when TV series' kill off a character and have
    them replaced by another "version" of the same character . . .
    Isn't that pretty much what happens when The Doctor regenerates? Every incarnation is essentially another "version" of
    the same character, but played by a different actor ... technically also a different character, but still called The Doctor.
  • Options
    Gordie1Gordie1 Posts: 6,993
    Forum Member
    I think all the claras are linked, they all have the same memories, they just need a jolt to realise it.

Could be that the future dalek put them all there as a kind of window into the outside world for itself.
  • Options
    donna43donna43 Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    I think there is a connection to captain jack jack could never die and couple of other things i have pick up on was clara was a flirt like jack and also in the snowmen the doctor said stop it to her the previous doctor was always telling jack to stop it i do feel she is connected to jack somehow.
  • Options
    Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    DJGM wrote: »
    Isn't that pretty much what happens when The Doctor regenerates? Every incarnation is essentially another "version" of
    the same character, but played by a different actor ... technically also a different character, but still called The Doctor.

TBH, I think that's actually the opposite of what I'm talking about.

I mean, even though a new actor takes the role, the fans will accept that it's still the same character, even though he might have a different personality.
    You "know" it's the same person who's got all the same baggage and hang-ups that he's always had.

The idea that Oswin was an interesting character in her own right and she died, and then Clara was an interesting character in her own right and she died and now DW is, apparently, off to find another "version" of her is something I find a little bit creepy.

It's kinda like James Stewart finding a new version of Kim Novak in Vertigo and then insisting she restyles her hair and wears the correct clothes so that she's just like his original missus.
    He obviously knows it's not the same person, even though she looks the same, and it seems (to me, at least) like that's what the writers are forcing the audience to do with these sorts of stories.

Course, I'm happy to accept that most people might have a different opinion. :)

*EDIT*
    And also, of course, there's a very good chance that there'll be some resolution to the story which will address my concerns anyway.
  • Options
    AirboraeAirborae Posts: 2,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going to make a guess about Clara Oswin Oswald. So I'm going to put the below in spoiler thread.
    I think she's a servant of The Great Intelligence

Which the Doctor is guessing at and gave her the key almost straight away. I think he knows something he's not telling anyone. In short I think she's the female version of Turlough, although possessed by the G.I. Which is why she keeps coming back. This may also tie in with Rory who kept coming back after 'death'.

It's an idea.