Best British Band Ever??

Comments

• misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yorkieUK wrote: »
    I feel your pain. Why is Vanilla not on the list? They have it all - vocals, looks, the moves and much more! Take note of the heart rendering lyrics on this fantastic song. Vanilla are the complete package:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LaY1qXt9K4

Blimey, that's taking me back!
  • Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    id add the yardbirds, overlooked but were at the forefront of musical pioneering in the 60's, and not just for a host of impressive musicians that played with them.

I'd add quite a lot more too. but I think the main names of massive success, with a well known worldwide legacy would be the main five I mentioned.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    yorkieUK wrote: »
    I feel your pain. Why is Vanilla not on the list? They have it all - vocals, looks, the moves and much more! Take note of the heart rendering lyrics on this fantastic song. Vanilla are the complete package:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LaY1qXt9K4

I hope you're being sarcastic! :p
  • BluesTrainRadioBluesTrainRadio Posts: 990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I personally think that Maiden are the greatest band ever and think they should be included in any serious poll.

However, I would also be fair enough to acknowledge that realistically, Zeppelin, Floyd, Queen, The Stone, The Beatles are all above them in a broader musical sense.

It is shocking that One Direction were included for consideration, they are not a band for one thing and could never compare with the real legends mentioned.
  • Scarlett O HaraScarlett O Hara Posts: 195
    Forum Member
    I like the Beatles, Queen, and the Rolling Stones from that list. I have no time for any others mentioned in the poll, and I've voted ultimately for the Beatles.
  • StephenmarraStephenmarra Posts: 837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    avasgranny wrote: »
    Sahb.

Definitely agree on The Sensational Alex Harvey Band being the best band out of Scotland.
  • Natalie22Natalie22 Posts: 285
    Forum Member
    I love coldplay and queen but the beatles by FAR
  • LeonalewisJfanLeonalewisJfan Posts: 2,130
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Out of all of them, the only ones I 'like' are Coldplay/One Direction, dunno which one to vote for though
  • Pippa2012Pippa2012 Posts: 610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Take That.
  • Natalie22Natalie22 Posts: 285
    Forum Member
    Out of all of them, the only ones I 'like' are Coldplay/One Direction, dunno which one to vote for though

I was thinking the One direction votes might of been joke votes but maybe not...
  • JumbobonesJumbobones Posts: 1,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clearly Pink Floyd
  • ScrubberScrubber Posts: 4,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beatles.

One Direction the joke act?
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    I'm not actually a 'fan' of any so I chose 'anybody else', I think America produces way better 'bands' than the UK but out of the choices I would probably choose One Direction :eek: or Queen.
  • ontheloop54ontheloop54 Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saint Etienne
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    For me and I know everyone will totally disagree with me but its my opinon so Im gonna say it anyway haha but in my eyes the best British band are You Me At Six :D

Maybe one day you will be proved right! (I think YMAS are fab by the way!)
    But for now I'm voting Beatles:)
  • Fizzee RascalFizzee Rascal Posts: 1,032
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Clash, then The Kinks
  • SamMcKSamMcK Posts: 986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Beatles>The Kinks>The Who>The Rolling Stones>Pink Floyd>Led Zeppelin>Every other band.

IMO for now at least.
  • ScrubberScrubber Posts: 4,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pippa2012 wrote: »
    Take That.

Should be in the spot that One Direction have taken.
  • CMCM Posts: 33,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what's with the roll eyes smiley. In my opinion The Smiths and Simple minds are the best bands ever!!!!

In your eyes maybe :rolleyes:

Poster is asking who's best band ever ? Not who's Your Favourite :rolleyes:

That's what happens on X Factor the best go out the favourites stay.:cool:
  • Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SamMcK wrote: »
    The Beatles>The Beach Boys>The Kinks>The Who>The Rolling Stones>Pink Floyd>Led Zeppelin>Every other band.

IMO for now at least.

British?
  • SamMcKSamMcK Posts: 986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    British?

Woops take them out then :o.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always liked The Specials. Thought they were underrated.
  • Julie68Julie68 Posts: 3,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Queen, out of them all on that list. Nobody compares to Freddie...
  • SoupietwistSoupietwist Posts: 1,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not actually a 'fan' of any so I chose 'anybody else', I think America produces way better 'bands' than the UK but out of the choices I would probably choose One Direction :eek: or Queen.

Who are these great American bands? I'll give you The Beach Boys, The Eagles, Nirvana, The Doors, Pearl Jam, The Ramones and Blondie - but aside from maybe The Beach Boys at there absolute peak none of those compare to the cream of British acts in terms of critical, commercial success and influence.
  • pink star 28pink star 28 Posts: 1,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CM wrote: »
    In your eyes maybe :rolleyes:

Poster is asking who's best band ever ? Not who's Your Favourite :rolleyes:

That's what happens on X Factor the best go out the favourites stay.:cool:

its not possible to find the answer because, to some people the rolling stones maybe the best band in the world, yet to someone else it might be the Beatles. Its all down to personal taste. :roll eyes smiley: