Options

Coronation Street - Peter and Tracy affair storyline?

Comments

• Options
    JackKlugmanJackKlugman Posts: 5,362
    Forum Member
    Rob and Carla.

I expect, no demand this storyline.

Uncle Quentin you have a sick mind :D
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Did she? :o
    From a Sun article in October 2002:
    CORRIE'S Tracy Barlow is making a shock return -as a maneater.

She will try to bed the Street's eligible bachelors including Peter Barlow, her own STEPBROTHER.

She will also attempt to get it on with ex-sailor Ciaran McCarthy and factory boss Joe Carter.

Tracy -Deirdre's daughter -returns at Christmas after her marriage collapses.

An insider said last night: "She will be very sassy, sexy and opinionated."
    Not sure about the sexy part...:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rob and Carla.

I expect, no demand this storyline.

Uncle Quentin you have a sick mind :D

Thanks Jack, I do pride myself on being one of the more sensible, conservative posters on here.
    It's important to be the voice of reason amidst all the madness I find buddy.

:)
  • Options
    Shady_Pines1Shady_Pines1 Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I keep forgetting Rob and Carla are bro and sis, and am expecting a snog scene at any given minute. It's not because I have a sick mind, it's just the characters and plots are so poor at the moment there's no investment in them so you totally forget the dynamic supposedly being portrayed.
  • Options
    honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    No. Deirdre is not Peter's mother. Ken is Tracy's father by adoption. Tracy and Peter have different parents, and are not blood related at all.
    Not true.

Here is the legal definition of incest:

Sexual intercourse between a person and their parent (including adoptive parent), grandparent, child, grandchild, brother, sister, half-brother, half-sister, uncle, aunt, nephew or niece.

In any case, Peter and Tracy were not both adopted by Ken and Deirdre. Their parents married, and Ken adopted Tracy. Peter was then an adult.

:confused: Well then isnt Peter Tracey's half-brother?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No, Tracy's Dad is Ray Langton. Ken's only her adoptive father. There is no blood relation between Peter and Tracy whatsoever, they have different Mums AND Dads.
  • Options
    honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    No, Tracy's Dad is Ray Langton. Ken's only her adoptive father. There is no blood relation between Peter and Tracy whatsoever, they have different Mums AND Dads.

Yes but they are both legally Ken's child aren't they? so if they are half-siblings how come it isnt illegal?

Interestingly, "double" cousins (Two sisters married to two brothers and both couples have children) are allowed to marry, even though genetically they can be similar to siblings.
  • Options
    JackKlugmanJackKlugman Posts: 5,362
    Forum Member
    Sunny B wrote: »
    I wouldn't say no to Peter either.

His cell mate Bubba Phelian would agree ;-)
  • Options
    MarcusjllMarcusjll Posts: 1,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It'd remind me a bit of Shannon and Boone from Lost :')
  • Options
    Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's so wrong (or wrong, wrong, wrong) about it? They are not blood relatives and were not raised as brother and sister.

EastEnders has already done a similar storyline with Sharon and Dennis. Emmerdale had Scott and Kelly Windsor who weren't blood relatives, but were raised together as brother and sister.

Of course, Brookside did the only proper brother/sister incest storyline and it was the beginning of the end for that show.

Sharon & Dennis were slightly different as they only met as adults so that storyline for me didn't seem so icky. On the other hand as Scott & Kelly grew up together since they were young that storyline always felt far too icky and wrong despite them not being blood related.

As far as I remember Tracy & Peter didn't grow up together as such. Peter & his twin Susan grew up for the most part in Scotland away from Ken and after Ken married Deirdre and took on her daughter, Peter made the odd appearance here and there most notably when Susan was getting married to Mike in the mid-80s when Tracy would have been about 8 or so and Peter would have been approx 21.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes but they are both legally Ken's child aren't they? so if they are half-siblings how come it isnt illegal?

Interestingly, "double" cousins (Two sisters married to two brothers and both couples have children) are allowed to marry, even though genetically they can be similar to siblings.

I think it probably IS illegal for the reasons you've given, but BIOLOGICALLY there is no link between them. :)
  • Options
    MsWilder11MsWilder11 Posts: 13,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Deirdre would be absolutely livid if this happened, she's had an eye on Peter herself for a while now.

All that flouncing around in her loose-fitting bath robe, flaunting herself whilst being both bra-less and indeed commando, would have been for absolutely nothing.

She's been hoping and praying for ages for a convenient gust of wind to blow open her robe, just to give Peter a really good glimpse of the 'goods.'
    Why, she's even removed the lock from the bathroom door, whilst taking to lying in the bath starkers all day long, just waiting for the wino to pop in there for a quick slash.

She was all ready to invite him to wash her hairy back with the loofah an all.

So Tracey can ruddy well keep her grubby mitts off him, and I'll tell you that for nowt.
    Deirdre's already done all the ground work, so anyone else with designs on Peter can jolly well think again!

I'm suing you for mental anguish :cry::cry::cry:
  • Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member

Legally he is as his legal (and biological) father is also Tracy's legal father by means of adoption. But there is no blood link.
  • Options
    silversoxsilversox Posts: 5,204
    Forum Member
    Deirdre would be absolutely livid if this happened, she's had an eye on Peter herself for a while now.

All that flouncing around in her loose-fitting bath robe, flaunting herself whilst being both bra-less and indeed commando, would have been for absolutely nothing.

She's been hoping and praying for ages for a convenient gust of wind to blow open her robe, just to give Peter a really good glimpse of the 'goods.'
    Why, she's even removed the lock from the bathroom door, whilst taking to lying in the bath starkers all day long, just waiting for the wino to pop in there for a quick slash.

She was all ready to invite him to wash her hairy back with the loofah an all.

So Tracey can ruddy well keep her grubby mitts off him, and I'll tell you that for nowt.
    Deirdre's already done all the ground work, so anyone else with designs on Peter can jolly well think again!

BIB - so that's why she's so wrinkly! :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Marcusjll wrote: »
    It'd remind me a bit of Shannon and Boone from Lost :')

Again, didn't their parents marry when they were already quite old - mid to late teens? Also, there is a big difference (legally if not biologically) between step and adopted relatives.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sunny B wrote: »
    Or 15 days, he's her babeh's daddy.

Please let that just be a nasty rumour!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Please no!!

But I do remember when Corrie reintroduced Tracy back in 2002 they said she'd sleep with plenty of the fellas and wouldn't say no to Peter.

I do seem to remember that the storylines considered Peter and Tracy having an affair back them. They also considered making Peter a wife beater (to Shelly) but decided against both ideas in favour of the bigamy plot.

They might just have got away with it back then as we hadn't seen Peter and Tracy interact much onscreen and you could argue they didn't know each other that we'll but after 10+ years of seeing the sibling relationship (as someone said - equal affection and dislike) it would feel really wrong.

To me they actually have one of the most realistic portrayals of a sibling relationship in soap (blood related or not) and i'd hate to see that tarnished. Until last year when they had to change things because of Bill Roaches enforced absence, Peter is about the only person that Tracy has always loved and had a good relationship with and that has loved and supported her back - as her brother, not potential lover.
  • Options
    silversoxsilversox Posts: 5,204
    Forum Member
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    I do seem to remember that the storylines considered Peter and Tracy having an affair back them. They also considered making Peter a wife beater (to Shelly) but decided against both ideas in favour of the bigamy plot.

They might just have got away with it back then as we hadn't seen Peter and Tracy interact much onscreen and you could argue they didn't know each other that we'll but after 10+ years of seeing the sibling relationship (as someone said - equal affection and dislike) it would feel really wrong.

To me they actually have one of the most realistic portrayals of a sibling relationship in soap (blood related or not) and i'd hate to see that tarnished. Until last year when they had to change things because of Bill Roaches enforced absence, Peter is about the only person that Tracy has always loved and had a good relationship with and that has loved and supported her back - as her brother, not potential lover.

Well said :)
  • Options
    StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    It sounds unrealistic and horrendous, if it happens, I won't watch.
  • Options
    Kim_xKim_x Posts: 3,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :o Ken, do something!!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Kim_x wrote: »

Okay you've sold me. It'd be worth it just for that line!
  • Options
    The SnowmanThe Snowman Posts: 895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kim_x wrote: »
    This would be beyond frustrating.
  • Options
    Dr K NoisewaterDr K Noisewater Posts: 11,597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It will never happen both peter and Tracy consider themselves siblings. I do find their close sibling bond a bit strange though considering (as others have already pointed out) they weren't raised together and had very little to do with one another throughout the 80s and 90s. Ken and Deirdre may have been married since Tracy was very young but this really close brother and sister bond has just come about in the last few years.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I this storyline would be good OP, and could be similar to the Rhys one in Hollyoaks a few years back. That was really good.
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tracy needs a toecapping not an opportunity to snog hot Peter