9200 vs. 8000

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 273
Forum Member
I'm on the brink of trading-up from my trusty old Humax PVR-8000T to the new 9200 because I know that the 9200 can do a whole load of things that mine can't. But I thought I'd ask the less obvious question to those who've got experience of both:

Is there anything that the 9000T can't do, which the 8000T could??

Sorry if this has been answered already on one of the 9200 mega-threads but I've not being keeping up with them.

Thanks in advance...

Comments

• gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,623
    Forum Member
    Maybe a more relevant question is what a 9200 can't do that two 8000 boxes can.

As far as I can make out, the main bone of contention appears to be the what constitutes Chase Play and whether the 9200 can do it or not (the 8000 definitely *can*, according to my own interpretation of what this means).

The 8000 firmware is rock-solid at the moment (apart from the MHEG engine glitch highlighted by E4's MHEG display last week). The 9200 looks like it needs a number of stability fixes to bring it anywhere near being trustworthy, in my view.
  • Seymour CatSeymour Cat Posts: 1,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was going to trade up from an 8000 at christmas, but I've decided to wait until Humax release the first (of many?) software updates.
  • Schnauzer BitesSchnauzer Bites Posts: 916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gomezz wrote:
    The 8000 firmware is rock-solid at the moment (apart from the MHEG engine glitch highlighted by E4's MHEG display last week).

Does your 8000T hold the full seven day epg for all channels? ;)
  • gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,623
    Forum Member
    Does your 8000T hold the full seven day epg for all channels? ;)
    Ah, yes. That one had slipped my mind [1]. :(

[1] In fact my mind is much like the 8000's EPG, these days ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 273
    Forum Member
    I was going to trade up from an 8000 at christmas, but I've decided to wait until Humax release the first (of many?) software updates.
    Having read other threads I'm tempted to wait too, but then again if there'd been this much feedback about the 8000 prior to it's first software update I'd probably never have bought that when I did, and yet I was still delighted with it from day 1...