Are we?! ;)
    Yes. :D

Classic.

:D
  • Options
    mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The great thing about City away is that there will no real pressure to win and no one will expect Liverpool to do so, City will be the ons expected and that might be what ties them up a bit. Spurs offered almost zero attacking threat Liverpool will at least keep then honest.
  • Options
    Richie1001Richie1001 Posts: 8,217
    Forum Member
    City away will be one of those games where I can't see us keeping them out all game, they're just that good going forward, but I also can't see them keeping us out all game, so it really could be one of those silly scoring games!
  • Options
    Assa2Assa2 Posts: 10,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not sure why we're looking ahead to the City game which isn't until Boxing Day. We've got 5 games before then including a game away at WHL. If we can win 4 of those (and there are 4 winnable games there) hopefully the results against City and Chelsea in the following game won't have quite the bearing as they might otherwise.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Looks like Enrique will be out for about 10 weeks (probably 12 in the end) http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25084494

Shame, I'm not really confident in any of our other options, but at least we have options now! I would think BR was aware of this issue and that's why we made LB a priority in the summer.
  • Options
    ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    That is a shame. Flannagan did really well there on Saturday though and I think Cissokho would fare better in a back 4 than on the left of a midfield 5. Or Johnson could go there. It's good that we have plenty of options now.
  • Options
    roadieboysroadieboys Posts: 3,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I know I know :D - I don't really think that, I just think that at times refs can get the red out too quickly and if they are in first halves then it can ruin games as spectacles for the fans - so if it is not a clear red imo refs should try to avoid first half reds if poss.

Having not seen it yet I cannot be sure of this particular one but I have seen it said by some that it only became clear how bad it was after second or third viewings which of course Dowd does not get.

Maybe as well if I am honest part of the reason for the tone of my post is that at times we can be very partisan as fans of particular clubs and I was attempting to be as reasonable as possible - as I always do :D

Dowd did not need to have a second or third viewing .. surely the stud marks were proof enough!!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    roadieboys wrote: »
    Dowd did not need to have a second or third viewing .. surely the stud marks were proof enough!!!!

Exactly!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Liverpool kids to play Everton at 12.00

Firth, Randall, Maguire, Cleary, Brewitt, Chirivella, Wilson, Phillips, Sinclair, Ojo, Kent

Subs: Jackson, Hart, Marsh, Canos, O’Hanlon

Good side.
  • Options
    jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,331
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    roadieboys wrote: »

Ah but when Soto got sent off in the derby a few seasons ago the stud marks were on HIS legs, not Felliani's.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mike65 wrote: »
    Liverpool kids to play Everton at 12.00

Firth, Randall, Maguire, Cleary, Brewitt, Chirivella, Wilson, Phillips, Sinclair, Ojo, Kent

Subs: Jackson, Hart, Marsh, Canos, O’Hanlon

Good side.

I wonder if Chirivella had expected to get a vasectomy today.

Ouch!!!! :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was nasty and typical Everton unfortunately - they have some form at underage against Liverpool.

That said they deserved the win - the Blues were quick, pressed and worked hard whereas LFC were far too laid back for an occasion such as this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Liverpool Stuff @anfield_stuff 3m

FT: PSV Jong 1-3 Liverpool U21

Cameron Brannagan, Jordan Rossiter and Kris Peterson scored

Liverpool U21s team: Danny Ward, Ryan McLaughlin, Brad Smith, Lloyd Jones, Tiago Ilori, Jordan Rossiter, Jordon Ibe, Jordan Lussey, Samed Yesil, Cameron Brannagan, Joao Carlos Teixeira. Subs: Jack Dunn, Yusuf Mersin, Kristoffer Peterson, Jordan Williams.

Great result but have no clue about the side PSV put out.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sturridge out for an unknown length of time. Injured during todays training.
  • Options
    jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,331
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So last week he wasn't training enough for some people and now this happens?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Awwww sh*t!!!:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    aaahh flip.
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I wish that I had read that before confirming my fantasy footie team!

Loks like I will now have to cost myself four points, by changing him out of my side! :(:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liverpool are waiting on news of striker Daniel Sturridge amid reports he suffered a serious ankle injury in training.

Sturridge had, according to boss Brendan Rodgers, trained 'exceptionally well' at Melwood but left the club's Melwood complex on crutches after twisting his ankle.

Widespread newspaper reports on Saturday morning suggest Sturridge may have suffered ligament damage but results of a scan on his ankle will not be known until later this weekend.

Sturridge injured his ankle ligaments on England duty in May and spent three months rehabbing to get 100% fit for the start of the 2013-14 season.

Am very peed off with this news. :(

LINK
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks Gawd the next run of games (bar Spurs) is fairly straightforward if LFC play to their potential. Aspas back with the first team training yesterday - he looked ready to play.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    We're really struggling to get Suarez, Sturridge, Couthino and Gerrard all playing together :-(

It's a shame as he's one of the best strikers in the PL right now and is a loss, but hopefully we'll have the quality to cope. He's looked like he's been carrying a knock for a bit so this might be a good thing in the long run.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Richie1001 wrote: »
    We're really struggling to get Suarez, Sturridge, Couthino and Gerrard all playing together :-(

It's a shame as he's one of the best strikers in the PL right now and is a loss, but hopefully we'll have the quality to cope. He's looked like he's been carrying a knock for a bit so this might be a good thing in the long run.

I blame Roy, seriously!
  • Options
    TheSlothTheSloth Posts: 18,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Let's put a positive spin on this...

For the bigger games, BR would've fretted about being overrun in midfield (where we're just about holding our own at the moment) and may have tried three at the back again to accommodate SAS.

No Sturridge means presumably Suarez advances a little and Coutinho plays behind him centrally rather than wider.

This could work OK for us - it'll just put more emphasis on Luis taking his chances and current form suggests he'll have no issues there.

It is a blow but at least we've got the players to adapt. Having effectively an extra body in midfield has its advantages.
  • Options
    darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The club have confirmed that Sturridge will be assessed by medical staff today, but nothing has been confirmed as to the seriousness of the injury & how long he will be out for.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/150165-reds-update-on-sturridge-fitness
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Suso scored for Almeria in their defeat away to Celta Vigo.

Conor Coady scored the Blades only goal in a draw, Kristian Peterson MOTM in 2-0 win for Tramere Rvrs, Borini played 76 in draw with Villa.
This discussion has been closed.