Anyone else think Christina Marie is too desperate?

13»

Comments

• SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's not really the getting emotional that's the problem, it's all the showing off. And she certainly does a lot of that. She really makes me cringe at times. I think she needs to shut up a bit more and let her talent speak for itself!

I don't hate Christina and she obviously has a great voice, but she has quite an irritating personality.

And sorry, but a lot of the emotion and the being shocked at getting through etc, does come across as faked.

Yes. I don't know why she was nervous last week when it was obvious that Ricky would put her through
  • sinbad22uksinbad22uk Posts: 892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She. Is the biggest fake I have seen. People who cant see it are dummies so not worth debating with really.
  • Tommo781Tommo781 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SULLA wrote: »
    It's incredibly loud and she always sounds the same.

However, for some people, loudness is important.

I felt she was on something tonight

Thankyou!! As soon as she got hyper (and I'm not talking about when she was singing) I watched her closely and said to my OH "What's she on?"
  • rwouldrwould Posts: 5,260
    Forum Member
    sinbad22uk wrote: »
    She. Is the biggest fake I have seen. People who cant see it are dummies so not worth debating with really.
    I would rather take her at face value and risk being wrong than be such a cynic about other people.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lulu g wrote: »
    She has a decent voice but she was far too screechy tonight. There's no need.

I agree. There is no denying the girl can sing but it's all too much for me. A little bit of less is more wouldn't do any harm
  • SylviaSylvia Posts: 14,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't stand shouty singers like Christina - they give me a headache. :(
  • Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 30,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We both said at least she was in tune shouty! Not sure if that makes it any better!
  • attackmusicattackmusic Posts: 3,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sinbad22uk wrote: »

You must lead a sad life, would pity you if you weren't such an idiot :D
  • -Jade"-Jade" Posts: 9,017
    Forum Member
    I'm not a fan of Christina's style of singing but I really enjoyed her performance last week, and I do think she ought to win the show as she technically has the best voice. The only thing that's stopping her is she's come across pretty badly in the live stages imo, particularly last night - I don't think that's her natural personality, but she's trying to come across as funny/quirky and it doesn't work, making her seem cocky instead. I came across a Q&A with her on her youtube channel where she was relaxed and didn't seem to be trying to come across a particular way, and she was much more likeable.
  • attackmusicattackmusic Posts: 3,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -Jade" wrote: »
    I'm not a fan of Christina's style of singing but I really enjoyed her performance last week, and I do think she ought to win the show as she technically has the best voice. The only thing that's stopping her is she's come across pretty badly in the live stages imo, particularly last night - I don't think that's her natural personality, but she's trying to come across as funny/quirky and it doesn't work, making her seem cocky instead. I came across a Q&A with her on her youtube channel where she was relaxed and didn't seem to be trying to come across a particular way, and she was much more likeable.

Bless her, she seems quite awkward on the live shows. Not unlikable though, people saying that must be very intolerant :o I think because of last week she was trying to act much happier and more confident but was clearly quite uncomfortable. She seems like a sweet girl in that YouTube clip and actually quite insecure, definitely not cocky.
  • -Jade"-Jade" Posts: 9,017
    Forum Member
    Bless her, she seems quite awkward on the live shows. Not unlikable though, people saying that must be very intolerant :o I think because of last week she was trying to act much happier and more confident but was clearly quite uncomfortable. She seems like a sweet girl in that YouTube clip and actually quite insecure, definitely not cocky.

I've heard quite a few people comment (both in real life and other places online) that they like her voice but not her as a person, or at least not as much as they like the other contestants. I agree that she probably acted that way this week in an attempt to counteract the crying from last week, but it was blatantly unnatural and if anything has made things a bit worse. I hope she'll drop it in next week's show and just be herself - as you said, she seems to be quite a sweet girl really.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love it when a rock singer sings loud. I hate having to put my hearing aid on and even worse, having to put my old mam's on her. She really annoys me, shouting in that screechy voice of hers, 'Turn up the effing telly, Sheiky ma son!'

God.

Christina is growing on me. I've noticed a lot of passion in her performance, and that's good. Musicians and artists need to be passionate. There are definitely light and shadey bits in her singing, it's not all powerful but a bit of power is good, Beethoven was powerful and he is one of my idols. Not everybody's cup of tea, some people like Mozart. But then again, some people like Pam Ayres. Know what I'm saying?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now I have just stated on another thread that I do think she was putting on a very strange act when sat on the bench talking, but I think it's really harsh to say that her emotions were fake and she was doing it to manipulate people, she does actually seem like she really wants it and that those were genuine emotions. I suspect she's probably doing all this 'diva' stuff because actually she's really nervous on camera and about what people think of her.