Options

Simon advantage.

Kirsty18Kirsty18 Posts: 83
Forum Member
So they are doing this waltzathon thing. So like Frankie said she hasn't done the waltz since week one. So she has to learn 2 dances.

Yet Simon has just done the waltz this week. So really he is only having to learn one dance. As most likely he can use lots of it in the waltzathon..

Comments

• Options
    ladygardenerladygardener Posts: 2,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So? Pixie has an advantage as she's done lots of dance training in the past, Caroline has an advantage as she has Pasha as her partner, I could go on.
  • Options
    londongirlGrelondongirlGre Posts: 23,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that most of them have already done a Waltz so it's not really an advantage. Plus, Frankie will have to just brush up on the techniques.
  • Options
    MonksealMonkseal Posts: 12,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Based on previous "-athongs" it'll just be decided by the judges shutting their eyes and pointing, don't worry.
  • Options
    Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Judges will decide before it starts the order. My prediction of elimination order.

Jake / Mark / Frankie / Caroline / Simon / Pixie.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,340
    Forum Member
    The past Waltzathons have been Viennese in style so I would imagine it is Caroline, Jake and Mark who have the burden of learning two new styles next week. I think it will play to Pixie and Frankie's strengths the most. None of these -thon thingies have ever produced any surprises, have they? I would prefer it if we had two dances from each couple in the quarter and semi finals and, thereby, ensure all finalists have completed all 14 possible dance disciplines.
  • Options
    MonksealMonkseal Posts: 12,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dunno, Scott crashing out early of the Series 8 Swingathong (given his amazing jive) and Alex Jones making the last three of the Series 9 Swingathong (given...she was Alex Jones) were both pretty surprising.
  • Options
    aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aurora13 wrote: »
    Judges will decide before it starts the order. My prediction of elimination order.

Or whoever needs a boost up the leaderboard after the ordinary dances :o
  • Options
    mirandawebmirandaweb Posts: 3,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Monkseal wrote: »
    Based on previous "-athongs" it'll just be decided by the judges shutting their eyes and pointing, don't worry.

This. Last year was such a blatant fix with no connection to how anyone was dancing.
  • Options
    BMLisaBMLisa Posts: 15,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The past Waltzathons have been Viennese in style so I would imagine it is Caroline, Jake and Mark who have the burden of learning two new styles next week. I think it will play to Pixie and Frankie's strengths the most. None of these -thon thingies have ever produced any surprises, have they? I would prefer it if we had two dances from each couple in the quarter and semi finals and, thereby, ensure all finalists have completed all 14 possible dance disciplines.

I agree. Or save the Vienesse waltz so no one dances it unless they reach QF stage where they dance a Latin and the waltzathon
  • Options
    alan29alan29 Posts: 34,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I expect the producers will have them dancing the waltz to Colonel Bogie, so they will all be in the sh1t together.
  • Options
    RoseAnneRoseAnne Posts: 3,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alan29 wrote: »
    I expect the producers will have them dancing the waltz to Colonel Bogie, so they will all be in the sh1t together.

or send on some backing dancers to bump into them ;-)
  • Options
    What name??What name?? Posts: 26,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The women definately have the advantage next week as they will be steered around the floor by a professional. The male celebs are less able to improvise and really lead.
  • Options
    wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'bout time Simon had an "advantage", if it is one...

Last night is the first time he has been announced safe first. Every other time he has been either in the bottom two, or made to wait to the end, or almost, to discover he wasn't.
  • Options
    bloggingbellebloggingbelle Posts: 1,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It usually has very little to do with dance and just gives the judges an opportunity to re-arrange the scoreboard so their favourites are not in danger.
  • Options
    *Venetia**Venetia* Posts: 1,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It usually has very little to do with dance and just gives the judges an opportunity to re-arrange the scoreboard so their favourites are not in danger.

This^^^^^^ It's all too transparent isn't it!
  • Options
    mimi dlcmimi dlc Posts: 13,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Harsh.
    But true!
  • Options
    The SwampsterThe Swampster Posts: 8,384
    Forum Member

I think the judges like Frankie's ballroom though, don't they? I'd be quite surprised if she's out before Caroline. I do agree that these 'athons' always seems a bit of a fix, though. Not to mention messy and confusing to watch.
  • Options
    StarpussStarpuss Posts: 12,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They'll probably be dancing to something by the Sex Pistols and the judges will already have been given the memo from the production team of the order they vote them off so I'll be making a cup of tea during that bit.
  • Options
    AmethyztAmethyzt Posts: 4,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Monkseal wrote: »

Precisely .........no change to their usual way of working
  • Options
    Hamlet77Hamlet77 Posts: 22,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's stretching it a bit, saying just because one celeb has 'learnt' the waltz more recently means they have an advantage over someone who has not waltzed since week 1. ALL the celebs should know how to waltz by now and changing the routine means they should be able to do a reasonable job however recently they leant how to do the dance.

Surely being able to perform again at a dance all ready completed is a sign of the better dancers and a good pointer to who should win SCD
  • Options
    wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Frankie was keen to remind us that she did hers in Week 1...
  • Options
    LazySusanLazySusan Posts: 6,427
    Forum Member
    If anyone has an advantage I would say it's the 3 girls as the male pro dancers will be able to manoeuvre themselves out of crash danger more than the celeb males. ( I'm routing for Caroline but still think the girls have an advantage)
  • Options
    pasodabblepasodabble Posts: 5,865
    Forum Member
    As has been said, it's just a time-filler that helps the judges arrange the leaderboard in their preferred order.

I find the idea annoying only because in previous series the last 6 was the 2-dance stage.
  • Options
    Jennifer_FJennifer_F Posts: 4,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The women definately have the advantage next week as they will be steered around the floor by a professional. The male celebs are less able to improvise and really lead.

Exactly. I always admire the best of the men more, as their job is way more difficult.
    It is not just the "steering" , the pro will have the better frame and posture, for the lady to dance from, so right from the start, the couple with the lady celeb will always look better. The male pro will also add the right amount of swing and sway.
  • Options
    Smokeychan1Smokeychan1 Posts: 12,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wazzyboy wrote: »
    Frankie was keen to remind us that she did hers in Week 1...

But not so keen to remind us she had three weeks concentrating on the Waltz, whereas the other celebs have only had the one :p