Options

Strictly Come Dancing...'it takes two'..chat thread.. (Part 15)

Comments

• Options
    luigy39luigy39 Posts: 578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a feeling that Jake is going to win this thing.
  • Options
    Smokeychan1Smokeychan1 Posts: 12,214
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bit pee'd off with Zoe that she didn't correct Vernon when he said Mark was the only guy left with no previous dance experience >:(

Otherwise an OK panel and I liked Simon's wee bit of presenting.
  • Options
    AmethyztAmethyzt Posts: 4,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    luigy39 wrote: »
    I have a feeling that Jake is going to win this thing.

Yep, I agree .......
  • Options
    londongirlGrelondongirlGre Posts: 23,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amethyzt wrote: »
    Yep, I agree .......

I would be disappointed if he won. He isn't that good.
  • Options
    SeasideLadySeasideLady Posts: 20,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bit pee'd off with Zoe that she didn't correct Vernon when he said Mark was the only guy left with no previous dance experience >:(

I thought he said Jake ? Maybe I'm mistaken though ? Vernon spoke the most sense I thought - Biggins annoyed me going on about Judy being his favourite, and Helen was just even more odd than she ever was :D
  • Options
    PashultyPashulty Posts: 9,384
    Forum Member
    Yep, I agree .......

hmmm.... I think so too ... not necessarily agree with the result but can easily see this happening .... :D

TBF though as long we are not taken over by Cleethorpes beings I am happy with any result ... :) ... but I can see that happening too .... :p
  • Options
    AmethyztAmethyzt Posts: 4,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would be disappointed if he won. He isn't that good.

Yep, also agree re this ................ he is far from the best dancer and, as someone said earlier, on another thread ( I think ) it would send out a message to TPTB that this event can be won by a show dancer ( Janette ) which lowers the teaching standard imo.

( and I say that as someone who likes Janette )

However, I think his support will carry him thru to the final, and after that, he is home and away with the public vote
  • Options
    lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vernon pretending he is knowledgable and then saying he wants the worst dancer left to win :p

Oh I do hope faux humble Mark and his ever growing list of excuses goes tomorrow night.

Who was it tonight who perpetuated the myth that Mark 'had never danced before appearing on Strictly'? Was it on ITT or Len Goodman on The One Show afterwards? Sure someone said it. By the way, there was an item about Vernon and Irene Castle on The One Show.
  • Options
    lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Just posted that I could not remember who had said that.
  • Options
    GeorgeMarshGeorgeMarsh Posts: 1,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She never does correct the Friday panel.
  • Options
    TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
    lundavra wrote: »
    Who was it tonight who perpetuated the myth that Mark 'had never danced before appearing on Strictly'? Was it on ITT or Len Goodman on The One Show afterwards? Sure someone said it. By the way, there was an item about Vernon and Irene Castle on The One Show.

Vernon said it on ITT tonight if that's what you mean - overlooking that Jake has not had any prior dance training.

I'm more interested in the proof that Mark HAS danced before doing Strictly, as although everyone on here talks about it I don't think I've ever seen any evidence of it?
  • Options
    backstageonebackstageone Posts: 244
    Forum Member
    Yep, also agree re this ................ he is far from the best dancer and, as someone said earlier, on another thread ( I think ) it would send out a message to TPTB that this event can be won by a show dancer ( Janette ) which lowers the teaching standard imo.

( and I say that as someone who likes Janette )

However, I think his support will carry him thru to the final, and after that, he is home and away with the public vote

What you think of Janette means nothing to the show and the production team couldn't care less, and if Jake wins she will be back for eternity, but that wouldn't bother you because "you are someone who likes Janette"
  • Options
    FiercelyHipFiercelyHip Posts: 3,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What you think of Janette means nothing to the show and the production team couldn't care less, and if Jake wins she will be back for eternity, but that wouldn't bother you because "you are someone who likes Janette"

You can like someone and think they're not actually all that great at the job they do. I'm a bit like that with Robin, and Janette too. *shrugs*

If Jake wins it'll be despite of Janette not because of her imo. Although milage varies on that and her content-light choreography. She'll back for all eternity because of her connections to the show more than anything else.
  • Options
    tabithakittentabithakitten Posts: 13,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tejas wrote: »
    Vernon said it on ITT tonight if that's what you mean - overlooking that Jake has not had any prior dance training.

I'm more interested in the proof that Mark HAS danced before doing Strictly, as although everyone on here talks about it I don't think I've ever seen any evidence of it?

Not so much proof as the seeming "fact" that he has had ten years experience at Sylvia Young stage school. Now even if that experience is only Saturdays and the odd evening class, one would have thought he would have done at least some dancing at a place that teaches all stage craft. When he's been there for ten years. If not, I await with interest his Hamlet at the Globe.

But you're right. None of this is proof. It could be argued that it is evidence though.
  • Options
    Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gosh this thread is extremely unpleasant tonight! Some of the comments about a certain celebrity dancer who was on ITT last night are frankly vile. :mad:
  • Options
    RoseAnneRoseAnne Posts: 3,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At the end of the schoolteacher dancing segment with Robin in the bit to camera he said they were forgetting about their performance and had the "perfect solution". I hope that perfect solution doesn't involve the reappearance of Lisa 'funnity fun, jazz hands" Riley to show them how it's done. :o
    Really no point in this segment anyway, it's such a boring filler item.
  • Options
    luigy39luigy39 Posts: 578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can like someone and think they're not actually all that great at the job they do. I'm a bit like that with Robin, and Janette too. *shrugs*

If Jake wins it'll be despite of Janette not because of her imo. Although milage varies on that and her content-light choreography. She'll back for all eternity because of her connections to the show more than anything else.

If Jake wins it will be because of Janette's salsa, otherwise he would have been out of the competition by now.
  • Options
    Liza with a ZeeLiza with a Zee Posts: 1,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Janettes one of the most talented dancers on the show. Jakes not very good. Through her choreography he seems better
  • Options
    backstageonebackstageone Posts: 244
    Forum Member
    luigy39 wrote: »
    If Jake wins it will be because of Janette's salsa, otherwise he would have been out of the competition by now.
    Janettes one of the most talented dancers on the show. Jakes not very good. Through her choreography he seems better

I agree 100% with both Luigy and Liza, It is Janette's ability in working with Jake that has brought him to this point, I love his performances but he is lacking in the technique department, it has been Janette's choreography, and working around his deficiencies that has brought him to the quarter finals and possibly win.
  • Options
    Jennifer_FJennifer_F Posts: 4,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree 100% with both Luigy and Liza, It is Janette's ability in working with Jake that has brought him to this point, I love his performances but he is lacking in the technique department, it has been Janette's choreography, and working around his deficiencies that has brought him to the quarter finals and possibly win.

If Jake wins, it will be because he is the most popular celeb, with the voting viewers, It doesnt seem to matter it he is the best dancer or not, its a popularity contest . In my opinion for what its worth, Jake is the weakest link overall, taking into consideration all of the dances, of the dancers left. Having said that, I expect a great charleston from him today.
  • Options
    MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jennifer_F wrote: »
    If Jake wins, it will be because he is the most popular celeb, with the voting viewers, It doesnt seem to matter it he is the best dancer or not, its a popularity contest . In my opinion for what its worth, Jake is the weakest link overall, taking into consideration all of the dances, of the dancers left. Having said that, I expect a great charleston from him today.

A Charleston that will have help from outside choreographers.
  • Options
    lewismacflewismacf Posts: 14,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pixie or Frankie will win Caroline will come 3rd And Jake will come 4th anyone agree
  • Options
    Pauline_TynanPauline_Tynan Posts: 86
    Forum Member

Yes agree - as far as I know neither Simon or Jake have had previous training and I believe Caroline had limited training. Vernon as Tess's husband should have had his facts right - bit obvious really. I have no problem with Mark though - he has improved - think his confidence has taken a knock with being in bottom two last week. I think Simon has really improved and enjoying the experience. Caroline is great and v enthusiastic. I enjoy Jakes performance - may not be technically as good as some of the others but his performances are memorable.
  • Options
    Pauline_TynanPauline_Tynan Posts: 86
    Forum Member
    Monaogg wrote: »
    A Charleston that will have help from outside choreographers.
    The outside choreographers in his AT last week did him no favors
  • Options
    holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Jake's showmanship covers up his lack of technique. Most of the remaining celebs only have a veneer of technique but unless you put the hours in what veneer there is will crack pretty quickly. From what I have seen of his Charleston in training it's looking good but unless he has put the hours in it might unravel pretty quickly in tonight's show :o
This discussion has been closed.