The Ballad Of Mona Lisa - Panic! At The Disco

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,262
Forum Member
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOhjXKZbjrs

They have released a 30 second clip. The full song is out on 1st February.

I have to say, it's great. A lot like New Perspective. Still Panic!, but just moved on a bit, as they do with each album.

Also, they are doing a small London show on 8th February. Did anyone manage o get tickets? I didn't even realise they were on sale! I've seen them before though, when they were a four piece. They really were good.

And the new album, Vices & Virtues, is out 29th March. Anyone buying it? Personally, I can't wait.

Comments

• scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hooray, I have always loved Panic! since I was 11. AFYCSO is an amazing album, and I love P.O. too. This should be great :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think if i'm being unkind it sounds like a B-side from AFYCSO era Panic.

:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I heard this a few days ago and got very excited. The thing I like about Panic is they change their style around a bit with each album. I'm loving the chimes at the end, but, well, I'm loving it all!

Can't wait for the album :D
  • Dark GlassesDark Glasses Posts: 63
    Forum Member
    Sounds ace. Been looking forward to this album.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,262
    Forum Member
    It sounds really summery. I genuinely can't wait! Never before have I looked forward to a new album as much as I have this one!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://strikegently.com/2011/01/21/take-a-leak-panic-at-the-disco/

Here's the full thing. It's been leaked!
    I really like it :)
    Forum Member

Yes! I heard this a few days ago! Thanks for posting, it's definitely SO much better than I expected. I'm actually hooked, just can't stop listening. Will they hurry up and release it already!!!
  • silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Awesome cover, can't wait to hear this :) :cool:

Loved Pretty. Odd but missed the '!' :o:D
    Forum Member
    silentNate wrote: »
    Awesome cover, can't wait to hear this :) :cool:

Loved Pretty. Odd but missed the '!' :o:D

Cover? Brendon Urie wrote the song. It's an original...

Anyway, I think pretty much every leaked version has been removed from the internet, which, as much as I love the song, I am pretty pleased about, as it avoids all the illegal downloading, and, I know it sounds really silly, but because I have stuck with Panic! right from the beginning, I have a little loyalty thing for them, and want them to do well, especially now Ryan and Jon have abandoned ship :o:D

But, apparantly the video is meant to be part II of I Write Sins, and is set in a church and everything. I've never been this excited about a new album in a long time! And I can't wait till I can get tickets for the proper tour. Last time I saw them (as a four piece :cry:) they really were brilliant.

EDIT: There is a full version, the official lyric video released by Fueled By Ramen, their label. It's really good actually! Though, it's not the best quality, which has been done for obvious reasons. Pretty sure the CD/iTunes version will be like crystal clear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6coqkaaQYG8

God, I love Panic! like a fat kid loves cakes. It's ridiculous!
    Forum Member
    Just in case anybody is interested:

Album artwork for Vices & Virtues.

Trailer for the music video for The Ballad of Mona Lisa.

Artwork for The Ballad of Mona Lisa.

Also, on their facebook page, they have uploaded stills from the video of The Ballad of Mona Lisa, and new promo pics of the band :)
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love Panic! A Fever You Can't Sweat Out is a masterpiece imo
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They released the video for it yesterday! Very steampunky, very over the top, and very Panic!
    It's on YouTube now, on the official Fueled By Ramen page :)
    Forum Member
    The Ballad Of Mona Lisa - Panic! At The Disco [OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO]

I love the video! It's so good! I love how it is like I Write Sins Not Tragedies part II, and how they pay homage to Nine In the Afternoon by having the clock at Nine In the Afternoon!

Benn so worth the wait, I just literally cannot wait for Vices & Virtues. It's now available for pre-order on iTunes, but I'll be getting the CD. Who needs Ryan Ross? :p

Also, does anybody know when The Ballad Of Mona Lisa will be released in the UK? Panic! themselves said 1st February everywhere, but it's still not on iTunes! :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MJ_lives wrote: »

Also, does anybody know when The Ballad Of Mona Lisa will be released in the UK? Panic! themselves said 1st February everywhere, but it's still not on iTunes! :(

I think it's a week before the album's released, so probably around the 23rd March.