Talksport Chat (Part 12)

Comments

• Billy244Billy244 Posts: 21,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xxtimbo wrote: »
    Should it be renamed ........ Talk Liverpool....

almost every day Goffie and D talk about Brendan and the team
    ,,, its an obsession !

Timbo please get it right mate it's talkARSENAL - talkMANCHESTERUNITED - talkCHELSEA - talkMANCHESTERCITY - talkLIVERPOOL and talkTOTTENHAMHOTSPUR in that order. :(
  • VenetianVenetian Posts: 28,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xxtimbo wrote: »
    Should it be renamed ........ Talk Liverpool....

almost every day Goffie and D talk about Brendan and the team
    ,,, its an obsession !

It's absolutely shocking this morning, a guest caller dared to mention another topic only to be told by Brazil that "he wanted to concentrate on Liverpool ... ">:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caller rings in to Drivetime on Terry Henry and Goffy bites bigtime!

First lesson in good radio Goughy don't bite back at callers. ;-)

http://bit.ly/1wEQLqj
  • BanglaRoadBanglaRoad Posts: 57,564
    Forum Member
    Venetian wrote: »
    Why does Mike Parry keep referring to Thierry Henry as Tirry? It's not like Thierry's name, pronounced correctly, has never been mentioned on the airwaves:D

It is Parry being Parry. This is the guy who refuses to say Las Vegas because he reckons it is called Los Vegas despite overwhelming evidence that he is in fact talking bollocks. You could write a book on words and phrases Porky gets wrong, IMO all part of the act of being some sort of self perceived eccentric genius
  • GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Billy244 wrote: »

I'm with Goffy here, that bloke was a total ****wit.
  • Joe19Joe19 Posts: 1,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The guy probably knows more about cricket than Gough too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Boozy day ahead for Alan McFandangler he's hitting the bars this afternoon then it's straight to tonight's talkSPORT Christmas party until the early hours just the sort sort of itinerary Brazil loves.

In the past it was Ronnie who usually made up his drinking pardner on these types of days [it was known as 'The Annual Watering of The Rubber Plants'] when Ron would pour the beer he couldn't manage into plant pots while he thought nobody was looking but these days I just can't see BCM or Way or lightweight Dim Cork manning up for it so Big Al might be supping solo, at least this way he'll be able to keep up with himself I suppose.

EXPECT DANTER IN TOMORROW MORNING ... nobody will know the signs better than Danter himself so I imagine he's already planning an early night tonight as I type.
    Forum Member
    I will bet an imaginary grand with you Bill that Brazil does not even go to the TS party. Too much time for distractions between 10 am and whatever time the TS shindig starts.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beer suppliers at tonight's talkSPORT Christmas party are getting worried that consumption will be drastically down hitting sales badly after news has broken in the last hour Brazil is already pi$$ed as a newt in his favourite London bar. :o

http://bit.ly/1xrg6FN
  • jackyorkjackyork Posts: 6,608
    Forum Member
    BanglaRoad wrote: »
    I will bet an imaginary grand with you Bill that Brazil does not even go to the TS party. Too much time for distractions between 10 am and whatever time the TS shindig starts.

You are right Boozie will turn up when nobody expects him too.

As for distractions do you mean Al will be pis-ed 'before' the party kicks off @ 7pm.:o.....of course he will.
  • mgnsmgns Posts: 384
    Forum Member
    Billy244, I'm surprised you haven't picked up on Alan Brazil, this morning, having a go at the Moose for not going to the Christmas party.....and saying "Well you don't have to drink to enjoy yourself, Moose"
  • jackyorkjackyork Posts: 6,608
    Forum Member
    Beer suppliers at tonight's talkSPORT Christmas party are getting worried that consumption will be drastically down hitting sales badly after news has broken in the last hour Brazil is already pi$$ed as a newt in his favourite London bar. :o

http://bit.ly/1xrg6FN

Aw bless him, there's not many work mates will arrive early to keep seats.:D
  • CorbynDallasCorbynDallas Posts: 821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That particular caller is famous on The Sportbar - he always gives great banter to the lads.
  • CorbynDallasCorbynDallas Posts: 821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Calm down a bit mate it was only Mourinho not a member of the British royal family, I heard the interview I don't normally listen to that show but last night my own local station were just banging on all night about some other Capital Cup freak result so I switched over and caught the interview.

I don't think it's 'owt much to shout about, Jose's probably never even heard of talkSPORT before last night and he more than likely was only on there talking due to Jason Cundy's Chelsea connections.

Great points there Billy244 but my sources tell me that the legendary Jose Mourinho is a huge TalkSport fan - he has the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast set on speed tune on his car radio as he drives to training and listens throughout the day when he can get a chance.

He is truly a friend of the station and I hope to hear from him in the future again LIVE on TalkSport!:)

Hey the Yorkshire Blades team won in the cup once again! Everyone in Sheffield must be proud!

Keep it TalkSport and don't forget to tune in your radios for tonight's HUGE cup action as TalkSport bring you Bournemouth v Liverpool LIVE!:)
  • The DifferenceThe Difference Posts: 21,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quick heads up for the boxing fans on here - with there being no 5.30pm kick-off in the Premier League this Saturday, Call Collymore and The Season Ticket will shift forward in the schedules and they'll be a new edition of talkSPORT Fight Club going out between 10pm-midnight.

Gareth A Davies and Spencer Oliver are listed on talkSPORT.com as being in the presenters' chairs, and going by their sports news bulletins tonight the show will include a recorded interview with Tyson Fury. Plenty going on in boxing at the moment, I'd expect Amir Khan, Paul Smith, Billy Joe Saunders and Chris Eubank to feature as well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great points there Billy244 but my sources tell me that the legendary Jose Mourinho is a huge TalkSport fan - he has the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast set on speed tune on his car radio as he drives to training and listens throughout the day when he can get a chance.

He is truly a friend of the station and I hope to hear from him in the future again LIVE on TalkSport!:)

Hey the Yorkshire Blades team won in the cup once again! Everyone in Sheffield must be proud!

Keep it TalkSport and don't forget to tune in your radios for tonight's HUGE cup action as TalkSport bring you Bournemouth v Liverpool LIVE!:)

I was actually wrong about Cundy's connections getting Mourinho on talkSPORT last night for that interview Corbyn with Goldstink and Cundy my sources today are telling me it was the tepid [sorry I meant intrepid] Moose begging him in the tunnel at Pride Park after the game, Moose tends to do this regularly if you remember.

Regarding that freak result last night in the Capital Cup it doesn't bother the blue half of Sheffield all that much that they do well in the cups because we all know this will be remaining in its garage as usual at the season's end. :D:p
    Forum Member
    Quick heads up for the boxing fans on here - with there being no 5.30pm kick-off in the Premier League this Saturday, Call Collymore and The Season Ticket will shift forward in the schedules and they'll be a new edition of talkSPORT Fight Club going out between 10pm-midnight.

Gareth A Davies and Spencer Oliver are listed on talkSPORT.com as being in the presenters' chairs, and going by their sports news bulletins tonight the show will include a recorded interview with Tyson Fury. Plenty going on in boxing at the moment, I'd expect Amir Khan, Paul Smith, Billy Joe Saunders and Chris Eubank to feature as well.

Thanks Mr D. Will try and catch that show for I do love the boxing
  • FrostyJimFrostyJim Posts: 3,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That particular caller is famous on The Sportbar - he always gives great banter to the lads.

Yeah Ol' "Tone Deaf" cheating on the Sportsbar, calling up another show. My God. :D The guy may be the easiest person to wind up I've ever heard, he always sounds half a sentence from a heart attack.

I do enjoy hearing the regulars, there aren't many who are memorable but Tone Deaf is one, has anyone heard the incredibly posh elderly Norwich fan who phones up from time to time? Love his voice.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The beer won't have run out at last night's party after all as Brazil didn't make it in the end, how could he ever have gone and got himself back in the studio this morning?, can you see him on soft drinks all night when everybody is was getting wasted?.

Al's playing the good mate this morning and grassing everyone he can who got sloshed, he says Parry and Saggers made idiots of themselves, Parry especially on the dance floor who was seeing off rum & cokes all night, ... I'm sure they'll be happy to learn he's keeping everything in-house. :D

Abraham told Brazil this morning "Spurs are in the final" [in respect of them drawing Sheffield United in the Capital Cup semi final and missing Chelsea and Liverpool] this sort of attitude really irks me off. [well done Dim Dom for ticking him off over it] incidentally ex Spurs man Brazil kept quiet.

I'm not about to start backing Sheffield United no way but he's a national radio sports news reader/football journo and as such should maybe keep those types of opinions to himself in private.

Maybe Sheffield United costing his club £25 million over the Teves affair still rankles, maybe Sheffield United knocking his club out of the Capital Cup earlier in the rounds still hurts him badly whatever it's sheer disrespect to another club.
  • zebedeezebedee Posts: 792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is this Corky's last show before Chrimbo ?
    can we look forward to another creepy gift handover. :o
  • VenetianVenetian Posts: 28,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zebedee wrote: »

Let's hope so, last year's gift handover was vomit inducing:o

Cork does not come over as a good person, has he ever given a thought to the fact that the Moose doesn't make him a cup of coffee because he doesn't like him?:D
    Forum Member
    Ha! Knew Brazil would not make it to the party. Has he done his yearly reading at the chapel yet? Sure I have heard him say that every year he does a Christmas reading at a chapel in St Martins or maybe one on Fleet Street? My London geography is shaky at best. Oh if only we had a white van driver from the smoke who posts who could tell me:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zebedee wrote: »

Oh yes well remembered, last years performance by Cork was STOMACH CHURNING, it took crawling to a new level even surpassing anything Ronnie ever could manage. :D

Here it is >>>> http://bit.ly/1zyZ7Q3
  • ramageramage Posts: 1,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Venetian wrote: »
    Let's hope so, last year's gift handover was vomit inducing:o

Cork does not come over as a good person, has he ever given a thought to the fact that the Moose doesn't make him a cup of coffee because he doesn't like him?:D

Yes I'm afraid it's back to the banter (bullying) against the moose again.
    Do they really think it's funny.?
    Cork should stick to cricket, as he has made so many mistakes this morning, he has verbal diarrhoea.
    What is it with this station & cricketers?.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    While I'm in my library of station clips here's what I consider the best one of the year by a mile, .... it's pure class and one thing talkSPORT should be proud of. [and my god I don't say this very often] :)

http://bit.ly/16va8Ze
This discussion has been closed.