The Chase USA on Challenge

steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
Forum Member
✭✭
Challenge are showing series 1-3 from 7 October.

Comments

• eye3eye3 Posts: 2,551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is The Beast the only chaser!
  • steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    eye3 wrote: »
    Is The Beast the only chaser!

Yes he is and he likes it like that.
  • Darren LethemDarren Lethem Posts: 61,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who hosts it Steve ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who hosts it Steve ?

A woman called Brooke Burns they are known as Beauty and The Beast, if you haven't seen it you need to be aware even though the format is very similar there are differences which will probably annoy UK Chase lovers.
  • NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,985
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I’ve watched some of The Chase USA. It’s essentially the same programme, but on a bigger budget and extremely over dramatic. I’d really recommend it as its interesting to see how its done over in the US, but I suspect fans of the original version will find it too over the top.

Bradley Walsh was the host for the (unaired) pilot episode but he was replaced when it got commissioned for a full series.
  • simongvs70simongvs70 Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NoEntry2k wrote: »
    I’ve watched some of The Chase USA. It’s essentially the same programme, but on a bigger budget and extremely over dramatic. I’d really recommend it as its interesting to see how its done over in the US, but I suspect fans of the original version will find it too over the top.
    That's pretty much what i thought when I first saw the original US version of Total Wipeout, a few weeks ago also on Challenge.
    Do you know what time The Chase US will be on yet?
  • GroundhogalGroundhogal Posts: 9,491
    Forum Member
    It says on Twitter that it starts on the 14th October.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ChallengeTV/status/509298123290574849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It says on Twitter that it starts on the 14th October.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ChallengeTV/status/509298123290574849

Challenge Facebook now states 14 October as well.
  • epsomepsom Posts: 4,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    steveh31 wrote: »
    Challenge Facebook now states 14 October as well.
    At 8pm
  • SexbombSexbomb Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't wait for this.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bump for the chase starts at 8
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anytime now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is a bit different with only 3 players, the chaser on throughout and a lot more money per question.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was never going to be exactly the same but as the Yanks cheer and whoop makes me want The Beast to win more.
  • Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was never going to be exactly the same but as the Yanks cheer and whoop makes me want The Beast to win more.

Me, too.:) I like Mark Labbett.
  • mpondmpond Posts: 5,072
    Forum Member

i agree Steve its a bit differenet to the UK version btw off topic is there any chance that Challenge will show series 3 onwards of treasure Hunt ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mpond wrote: »
    i agree Steve its a bit differenet to the UK version btw off topic is there any chance that Challenge will show series 3 onwards of treasure Hunt ?

Last time i asked on Facebook they said no i will ask again.
  • AndaghaAndagha Posts: 31,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This version is really annoying me..all the whooping etc. Plus they have to be told how many times to get to bank, and Bank is highlighted... It's no UK Chase is it... :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Delete
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark getting his ass kicked :D or maybe not :mad:
  • Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done to Mark, and congratulations to him on his wedding to Katie recently,
    :)
  • oddballoddball Posts: 258
    Forum Member
    When I saw that they only got 10 right, I thought to myself "he'll hammer them". But no, I suppose the US-oriented questions didn't work in Mark's favour. But I had to ask myself if he deliberately passed on the leap year question.

Also, was the standard of questions actually harder or were the contestants thick? The most they got right during the cash build-up was 3.
  • OrangecrabOrangecrab Posts: 1,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oddball wrote: »
    When I saw that they only got 10 right, I thought to myself "he'll hammer them". But no, I suppose the US-oriented questions didn't work in Mark's favour. But I had to ask myself if he deliberately passed on the leap year question.

The leap year question was simple enough - what will be the next leap year, answer: 2016. But Mark seemed to have lost interest and said at the end of the chase that he didn't deserve to have won it.
  • GroundhogalGroundhogal Posts: 9,491
    Forum Member
    I wish they'd make their minds up, when this was starting. Last I heard, it was the 14th, ie today.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mpond wrote: »

Challenge have once again refused to consider buying anymore Treasure Hunt:(