Options

Andrea - Over-rated?

lucasade16lucasade16 Posts: 397
Forum Member
Personally I find him very overrated, he is hideously boring and dull, I agree he has talent and can sing but he has no sparkle or ooomph in him, he just isn't interesting and so don't look forward to his performances.

Anyone else agree?

Is Andrea Overrated? 99 votes

Yes
60% 60 votes
No
39% 39 votes

Comments

• Options
    jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fiar he has a good voice, but i would rather listen to him than watch if i am honest.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 221
    Forum Member
    I don't agree at all,I think his voice is above and beyond everyone else in the competiton,his voice is gold dust,there is nothing dull about him,he has a very rare voice,defo certain for the final,hopefully will win
  • Options
    bookclub10bookclub10 Posts: 4,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lucasade16 wrote: »
    Personally I find him very overrated, he is hideously boring and dull, I agree he has talent and can sing but he has no sparkle or ooomph in him, he just isn't interesting and so don't look forward to his performances.

Anyone else agree?

Sorry OP I don't think he's overrated as the traits you mention such as sparkle and ooomph are not the things he's been praised for. He's been complimented on his talent and voice which is, as you say, good.
    If he had been praised for being a great dancer, I would agree:)
  • Options
    KittygodfreeKittygodfree Posts: 2,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bookclub10 wrote: »
    Sorry OP I don't think he's overrated as the traits you mention such as sparkle and ooomph are not the things he's been praised for. He's been complimented on his talent and voice which is, as you say, good.
    If he had been praised for being a great dancer, I would agree:)
    But paul had a great voice but no ooomph as you put it and he was slated so more than being overated he has been favoured by mel and cowell. I am not keen on him because of the faces he pulls good singer unpleasant to watch
  • Options
    lucasade16lucasade16 Posts: 397
    Forum Member
    He is just so boring, nothing that I feel will make him successful when selling records he will be a Matt Cardle all over again
  • Options
    mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    is there anyone on the show who isn't over-rated ?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 227
    Forum Member
    He is not overrated, but on this forum he isn't very well-liked. The truly overrated one on this forum is Fleur.

Andrea is now the most vocally capable left in the contest, and one of the best this show has ever had. He's not an artist yet, but that will come with time and from working with the right people - something that I don't feel that Simon Cowell and co are remotely interested in giving him.

And I know it doesn't count for much, but his sweet, shy personality and humbleness has endeared him to many, even if they're not posting on here.
  • Options
    IsThisHappinessIsThisHappiness Posts: 7,580
    Forum Member
    He's not overrated whatsoever. He's the best male vocalist the show has ever had. Easily.
  • Options
    E05297535E05297535 Posts: 5,602
    Forum Member
    I don't agree at all,I think his voice is above and beyond everyone else in the competiton,his voice is gold dust,there is nothing dull about him,he has a very rare voice,defo certain for the final,hopefully will win

Totally agree....if an act is coming on stage and belting out songs so effortlessly and faultless as Andrea....how can that be classed as 'overrated'???? Baffling! !!

What's overrated, in my opinion, would be an act coming on stage, delivering the same old performance, over and over again and getting praised to the hilt, by folks who should know better. ....yes, the judges of course! !!
  • Options
    delzdelz Posts: 1,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One word NO :D
  • Options
    Tiggeraspi123Tiggeraspi123 Posts: 433
    Forum Member
    I personally think so. I just don't see what is so special about him, yes he can sing but do I enjoy it- nope!
  • Options
    hannahhannah Posts: 13,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes dont get me wrong hes a great singer but he doesnt do it for me not my cup tea even though he will be the winner
  • Options
    09beyoncefan09beyoncefan Posts: 2,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well he's not really a star but no. His voice is absolutely incredible, I agree he'd have to be the best male vocalist they've ever had.

Plus He is absolutely adorable and I want to marry him and buy him pugs if I'm honest even if he doesn't have "it". But his voice is just stratospheric.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I personally think so. I just don't see what is so special about him, yes he can sing but do I enjoy it- nope!

I agree. He can sing, no doubt, but there is nothing appealing, interesting, exciting or special about him imo. I find him instantly forgettable and find myself zoning out.

Others may not have his vocals but there is something more about them that draws me in whereas he doesn't grab me. But then the diva types have never been my taste. I prefer someone who performs with heart and soul and character and hits a few bum notes rather than someone note perfect but vanilla. Given the choice of, say, Celine Dion or Mary J Blige - well it's MJB for me every time
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 221
    Forum Member
    E05297535 wrote: »
    Totally agree....if an act is coming on stage and belting out songs so effortlessly and faultless as Andrea....how can that be classed as 'overrated'???? Baffling! !!

What's overrated, in my opinion, would be an act coming on stage, delivering the same old performance, over and over again and getting praised to the hilt, by folks who should know better. ....yes, the judges of course! !!

Totally agree,every song he does,he makes his own and nails it,he has been compared to a UK/Itailen Michael Jackson and the jackson 5 have said its like hearing there brother when hearing their Andrea so to be called boring,overrated is very unneccary and very insulting to him and his fans,hope he will win to prove all the haters wrong,world class act
  • Options
    Forum Member
    you do really have to laugh about people defending him being described as over-rated and then using phrases like "world class"

oh the irony
  • Options
    EvilLlamaThingyEvilLlamaThingy Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    No. And I'm pretty sure the people who're voting yes are doing so out of annoyance that he's probably going to win rather than because they actually think he's overrated.

He gets the praise he gets because he's the best singer in the competition, and generally delivers a great performance. Fair enough he's not your favourite, but that doesn't make him overrated.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No. And I'm pretty sure the people who're voting yes are doing so out of annoyance that he's probably going to win rather than because they actually think he's overrated.

He gets the praise he gets because he's the best singer in the competition, and generally delivers a great performance. Fair enough he's not your favourite, but that doesn't make him overrated.

people describing him as "world class" make him over-rated

whether he is or not the best singer on this years show is a matter of opinion , but in no way is he world class
  • Options
    SaturnSaturn Posts: 18,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He has a good voice - I don't think he has the best male voice ever however. He's certainly not going to be a break out star even if he does win.
  • Options
    EvilLlamaThingyEvilLlamaThingy Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    mimik1uk wrote: »

whether he is or not the best singer on this years show is a matter of opinion , but in no way is he world class

There is justifiable reason to say he's the best singer though. Whether you like him or not, objectively you can't deny he's a strong singer. Best singer may be opinion though.

The world class comments are from a few people as opposed to a majority. I wouldn't say he's overrated based on a few over the top comments. That'd make pretty much every contestant ever overrated.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimik1uk wrote: »

Absolutely this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saturn wrote: »
    He has a good voice - I don't think he has the best male voice ever however. He's certainly not going to be a break out star even if he does win.

Agree with this as well. He has a good voice but it's not outstanding or unique imo
  • Options
    Forum Member
    There is justifiable reason to say he's the best singer though. Whether you like him or not, objectively you can't deny he's a strong singer. Best singer may be opinion though.

The world class comments are from a few people as opposed to a majority. I wouldn't say he's overrated based on a few over the top comments. That'd make pretty much every contestant ever overrated.

I haven't denied he is a strong singer

even in this thread alone we have seen him described as the best male singer ever more than once , we have had descriptions like "stratospheric" and "world class", and the thread isn't even at the end of the first page

by my definition that is what over-rated means
  • Options
    dia6olodia6olo Posts: 1,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find peoples opinions on various singers laughable, the truth is people have their favourites and that alone distorts their opinion on anyone else!

Slating one contestant off isn't going to make your "favourite" stand a better chance of winning or change peoples opinion about who they like and don't.

Overrated is a subjective word! Regarding Andrea, he is the bookies favourite & the strongest favourite they have ever had in the history of X factor suggesting there's a lot of people out there who think he is very good & streets ahead of the others.

Does that mean he's going to win? No it dos not! What it means, like him or not, the masses think he's the best contestant.

We all have opinions but ultimately the opinion that counts is the mass opinion, each and everyone's individual opinion counts for very little!

I actually feel most people post negatively regarding other contestants simply because the contestant in question is to them a clear threat to their favoured contestant.

In my eyes most of the posts say a lot more about the poster than they do about the individual they are posting about ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    dia6olo wrote: »
    I find peoples opinions on various singers laughable, the truth is people have their favourites and that alone distorts their opinion on anyone else!

Slating one contestant off isn't going to make your "favourite" stand a better chance of winning or change peoples opinion about who they like and don't.

Overrated is a subjective word! Regarding Andrea, he is the bookies favourite & the strongest favourite they have ever had in the history of X factor suggesting there's a lot of people out there who think he is very good & streets ahead of the others.

Does that mean he's going to win? No it dos not! What it means, like him or not, the masses think he's the best contestant.

We all have opinions but ultimately the opinion that counts is the mass opinion, each and everyone's individual opinion counts for very little!

I actually feel most people post negatively regarding other contestants simply because the contestant in question is to them a clear threat to their favoured contestant.

In my eyes most of the posts say a lot more about the poster than they do about the individual they are posting about ;-)

so do you think describing andrea as world class is an accurate description of his ability or over-rating him ?

I wasn't posting negatively about andrea at all tbh , i am posting negatively about people going overboard about someone who at this point in time can only reasonably be described as arguably the best singer on a glorified karaoke show