Options

Doctor Who Fans (Part Barbara)

SupportSupport Posts: 70,800
Administrator
Part Barbara will be lovely, although it probably won't last long with the series in full swing.

This thread is a continuation of: Doctor Who Fans (Part Susan)

Comments

• Options
    Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yay lovely new thread, lovely opening quote there CHJ!:D
  • Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very lovely!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We've regenerated...even in human form :D

And I concur, lovely opening to the thread! :D
  • Options
    Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    I love the smell of new thread in the morning.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    robsand69: Are BBC & ITV having a game of shit top trumps with don't scare the hare and sing if you can.

AJP619: Its amazing that both BBC and ITV have decided to precede 2 of the UK's best shows with 2 of the UK's worst...

:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just popping in to say hello to the new thread :)

Loved the episode on first watch, very tense and exciting. I've just finished a rewatch and I wasn't as enthusiastic but still enjoyed it. Probably 7/10 now instead of my initial 9/10

Can't wait until next week though :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to say, one thing in particular that impressed me about yesterday's episode was, once again, Murray Gold's score. The new music he created was beautiful (the song used where the Doctor's body was burned especially) and I loved the new variations on the old faves :D Nice to see The Life and Death of Amy Pond creep in as well at the end, unexpected, but I love that piece, so it was a nice surprise for me :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    robsand69: Are BBC & ITV having a game of shit top trumps with don't scare the hare and sing if you can.

AJP619: Its amazing that both BBC and ITV have decided to precede 2 of the UK's best shows with 2 of the UK's worst...

Honestly that "Don't scare the Hare" was beyond worse. I don't think there is a clean word in my head which explains how **** it really is.

I was expecting it to turn into a Dalek and kill everyone.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Lol, "shit top trumps" :D

It's so true though :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Big Steve wrote: »
    Honestly that "Don't scare the Hare" was beyond worse. I don't think there is a clean word in my head which explains how **** it really is.

I was expecting it to turn into a Dalek and kill everyone.

The only thing that could have probably made it watchable...:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lol, "shit top trumps" :D

It's so true though :p

I can actually imagine Mark Thompson and Peter Fincham goading each other on the phone mid BGT:

Peter (in a laddish Jeremy Clarkson-esque voice): "Yeah.. well.. if you think that one was shit, try our next offering on for size"

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    okay, i just had a thought...where is the future Doctors Tardis? What happened to it after his death?
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    I liked Barbara very much.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been asked via text by one of the guys I have been working with over the last three months something, and of course I want to run it past you guys first.

I think a few people here know that I am film maker (and if you didn't nice surprise for everyone) however at the moment the film that we've been working on is near a completed rough cut and he wants to get some feed back from the current project. I've mentioned it a few times in the Whooine Inn and well I was wondering if you guys would like to see a short scene from the film and offer some sort of feedback.

I was thinking maybe put this in here because well more people post here and it would be good to get some feedback from well people who enjoy dramas.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been asked via text by one of the guys I have been working with over the last three months something, and of course I want to run it past you guys first.

I think a few people here know that I am film maker (and if you didn't nice surprise for everyone) however at the moment the film that we've been working on is near a completed rough cut and he wants to get some feed back from the current project. I've mentioned it a few times in the Whooine Inn and well I was wondering if you guys would like to see a short scene from the film and offer some sort of feedback.

I was thinking maybe put this in here because well more people post here and it would be good to get some feedback from well people who enjoy dramas.

I am sure plenty of peeps here will be happy to help you out!:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Muttley76 wrote: »
    I am sure plenty of peeps here will be happy to help you out!:)

I hope so Muttley, it would be interesting to see what people make of the project (even if the scene is pretty much setting up the film)

Also thanks to the Doctor who filming location site as well, I've already got five locations already in mind for some of the future films (found out today we're planning on doing 10 films in total at 30 minutes in length) So they would be just a bit shorter than the bog standard Doctor who story length.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope so Muttley, it would be interesting to see what people make of the project (even if the scene is pretty much setting up the film)

Also thanks to the Doctor who filming location site as well, I've already got five locations already in mind for some of the future films (found out today we're planning on doing 10 films in total at 30 minutes in length) So they would be just a bit shorter than the bog standard Doctor who story length.

thats really cool!:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thats really cool!:D

One of the locations which me and James have already looked at via that site is locations from The Shakespeare code, The hungry Earth, The end of Time part 2 and a couple of others. Also it will hopefully give the films some serious scope as well.

The one which I am really wanting to do is the one from the hungry earth. I don't know why but the second I saw that little Church it got that old creative juices flowing (and well Jack Daniels helps as well haha)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The one which I am really wanting to do is the one from the hungry earth. I don't know why but the second I saw that little Church it got that old creative juices flowing (and well Jack Daniels helps as well haha)

oh yes, it does have a lot of potential, doesn't it? :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oh yes, it does have a lot of potential, doesn't it? :)

I think it really does, I really wish I could go into details however I know there is the whole catchphrase of River Song running through my mind as I type this lol.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it really does, I really wish I could go into details however I know there is the whole catchphrase of River Song running through my mind as I type this lol.

:D always good to bear that in mind!:)

need to take myself off to bed to get away from two ridiculous posters in the rate the episode thread! :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D always good to bear that in mind!:)

need to take myself off to bed to get away from two ridiculous posters in the rate the episode thread! :eek:

Not a problem Muttley, hope you get a decent nights sleep :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a problem Muttley, hope you get a decent nights sleep :D

Yes i was sleeping in my "high and mighty chair" - it was very comfortable! ;)

You haver to laugh at the fact that one or two people are claiming that the show has been "americanised" based on the fact that rory said gasoline during the episode (I mean he couldn't have been reading it off the label or anything, of course)....:D
  • Options
    Eowyn WEowyn W Posts: 6,792
    Forum Member
    Ooo! Part Barbara! Hello!

Thanks mods! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eowyn W wrote: »
    Ooo! Part Barbara! Hello!

Thanks mods! :)

i am afraid this may be a slightly more strict thread than the last one was...:p
This discussion has been closed.