Homeland on Ch4 (UK Pace) - No Spoilers! (Part 2)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26
    Forum Member
    Thanks! Completely missed what he said
  • LolaSveltLolaSvelt Posts: 2,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "And not just for her."

And what about Chris? Does anyone ever remember Chris?!
  • Jenny_SawyerJenny_Sawyer Posts: 12,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Carrie is annoying me by not having had an abortion, & what the hell is she doing smoking whilst pregnant?

Why is Dana living in the same motel where she is working as a maid - I thought she'd moved in with Angela?

This Iran plan is way too risky to work out IMO.
  • shya100shya100 Posts: 1,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LolaSvelt wrote: »
    "And not just for her."

And what about Chris? Does anyone ever remember Chris?!
    Poor Chris. But I think for Brody, missing so much of their lives and being messed up when he got back, the only person he developed a healthy bond with was Dana. And yes I include Carrie in that... their relationship has never been healthy.
  • Jenny_SawyerJenny_Sawyer Posts: 12,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Casmana wrote: »
    Has anyone worked out how El Nino knows Carrie ? [ Brody asked why are you helping ,El Nino says you know Carrie Mathison so do I ] If he knows Carrie why hasn't he contacted her? Why wait until now to cash in on the reward ?
    How did Brody get shot and ended up in Caracas anyway? A far cry from Canada ?

I would like to know that.
  • Darth-HabibDarth-Habib Posts: 466
    Forum Member

The most recent episode of Showtime’s Emmy-winning drama has hungry Homeland fans jonesing for answers: How did a fugitive Nicholas Brody end up in Caracas, Venezuela? Who shot him, and why? Also, what’s with the shaved head?

The good news: Homeland‘s writers can, in fact, explain themselves. The bad news: You’ll have to download a 29-minute interstitial audio book called Homeland: Phantom Pain to hear them do so. (The good news, again: The book is free! And it’s narrated by Damian Lewis!)

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/10/15/homeland-brody-shot-audio-book/
  • slouchingthatchslouchingthatch Posts: 2,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've answered this elsewhere in the thread. Canada was merely a convenient point of exit for Brody. It's not too far from Langley and it's relatively easy to sneak across the border - certainly compared with, say, the Mexican border. Once out of the US, arranging travel south by (most likely) sea is relatively straightforward. No one in their right mind would have attempted to take Brody south - too much ground to cover, too high a risk of getting caught.

We know from episode 4 that Brody entered Venezuela via Colombia, where he was shot. Most likely he landed somewhere on the South American coast and was transported by land from there.

A lot of things on Homeland don't make sense - this one does, though!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A bit of a change-down this week to set us up for Brody's big (suicide?) mission, but no less interesting for it.

It felt to me like this episode was largely about Carrie's broken (or at least splintered) relationships. Brody calls her a bitch but softens towards the end. Her trust with Saul has been damaged. And she seems to have no relationship at all with her unborn child.

Carrie's a broken person, really. Her quest to exonerate Brody and her job are really all that are holding her together any more.

Anyhow, here are my weekly thoughts:
    http://slouchingtowardstv.com/2013/12/01/homeland-s3-ep9-one-last-time/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The most recent episode of Showtime’s Emmy-winning drama has hungry Homeland fans jonesing for answers: How did a fugitive Nicholas Brody end up in Caracas, Venezuela? Who shot him, and why? Also, what’s with the shaved head?

The good news: Homeland‘s writers can, in fact, explain themselves. The bad news: You’ll have to download a 29-minute interstitial audio book called Homeland: Phantom Pain to hear them do so. (The good news, again: The book is free! And it’s narrated by Damian Lewis!)

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/10/15/homeland-brody-shot-audio-book/
    Ah, I still haven't listened to this. Thanks for the link!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It felt to me like this episode was largely about Carrie's broken (or at least splintered) relationships. Brody calls her a bitch but softens towards the end. Her trust with Saul has been damaged. And she seems to have no relationship at all with her unborn child.

Carrie's a broken person, really. Her quest to exonerate Brody and her job are really all that are holding her together any more.

Bang on I think, she is literally on her own... as Saul said to Quinn, 'she has always been on her own.' She does have Quinn, however reluctant she is to accept that, but he was not there this week and he cannot help her with all this stuff anyway.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shya100 wrote: »
    Bang on I think, she is literally on her own... as Saul said to Quinn, 'she has always been on her own.' She does have Quinn, however reluctant she is to accept that, but he was not there this week and he cannot help her with all this stuff anyway.
    The Carrie/Quinn relationship is an interesting one, and one I hope the writers come back to. It feels like they are both providing the other with a shoulder to lean on as both go through their own personal crises. I really like Quinn as a character - the writers have done a good job layering his story and making him an ambiguous kind of personality.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Carrie/Quinn relationship is an interesting one, and one I hope the writers come back to. It feels like they are both providing the other with a shoulder to lean on as both go through their own personal crises. I really like Quinn as a character - the writers have done a good job layering his story and making him an ambiguous kind of personality.

I am not sure they will come back to the two of them in any big way this season, there is too much else to do. What I think they have done is just lay the groundwork. It is a fascinating relationship because they have both given up personal lives for the job. They seem to have developed quite an organic bond, and only seem to trust each now. Quinn isn't loyal to anyone else, if he stays in the CIA for the moment it will be because of her. Added to that she is now pregnant, and he is an absent father. Having said that they could kill one or the other of them off tomorrow and it has all been for nought... bit like life.
  • catsittercatsitter Posts: 4,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How come Brody's hair didn't start to grow back during this episode? Surely they weren't shaving his head regularly through all that?
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Damian Lewis was exceptional tonight, superb performance from him. Very sad to see him turned into a junkie at the beginning of the episode. When he's in the show he brings it so much more alive. Sadly i don't think he'll come back from Tehran. His mission sounds like suicide and i don't expect him to live. This will be his last season i expect and i think the person responsible for whether he lives or dies will be Saul.

Great to see Virgil and Max back again.
    Heartbreaking scene with Dana wanting absolutely nothing to do with Brody whatsoever.
    Loved the Saul/Lockhart face-off when Saul had him by the balls! :D

The first half of the season was a bit hit and miss depending on how you look at things but now we're in the second half things really are on a roll. Another excellent episode of Homeland.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »
    Sadly i don't think he'll come back from Tehran. His mission sounds like suicide and i don't expect him to live. This will be his last season i expect and i think the person responsible for whether he lives or dies will be Saul.

See the person I think will be responsible is technically not a person yet: Baby. I think it ultimately will come down to redemption and then the question becomes is the person who tells him about the baby the one who is responsible and is that person Carrie? Just what I think anyway.
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    See the person I think will be responsible is technically not a person yet: Baby. I think it ultimately will come down to redemption and
    with Carrie going to Iran there must be some kind of showdown
    Then the question becomes is the person who tells him about the baby the one who is responsible and is that person Carrie? Just what I think anyway.

I read the spoiler and while it's not a massive give-away this really is a no spoiler thread and yes that includes spoilers in tags. I guess you're also watching at US pace hence what you mentioned about Carrie in tags???
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »
    I read the spoiler and while it's not a massive give-away this really is a no spoiler thread and yes that includes spoilers in tags. I guess you're also watching at US pace hence what you mentioned about Carrie in tags???

Sometimes, but that was in an episode synopsis. I have no idea what actually happens, haven't seen the episodes... but I am guessing: 'what have you always wanted Brody, redemption.' He may finally get, or thinks he gets, it.
  • CasmanaCasmana Posts: 1,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand why people watch US pace then come in here and put spoilers in tags despite the heading saying NO Spoilers .
    Ok we dont have to look but why do people do this anyway:mad:?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand why people watch US pace then come in here and put spoilers in tags despite the heading saying NO Spoilers .
    Ok we dont have to look but why do people do this anyway:mad:?

I am sorry, but there was nothing about the US pace... I haven't seen it, it was the episode synopsis in a magazine. It isn't even a spoiler, I was just being cautious. I have removed it now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    next episode US pace has not be aired, pls stop assuming people are trying to spoil… its just speculating

Do you think Carrie will be sent to Iran? What for? I did not think about that for a second unless that is what she meant at the end of tonight episode when she said "see you on the other side"… I thought that was just jargon and meant once mission is over
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "See you on the other side " means the hereafter doesn't it ?.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    feeVerte wrote: »
    next episode US pace has not be aired, pls stop assuming people are trying to spoil… its just speculating

Do you think Carrie will be sent to Iran? What for? I did not think about that for a second unless that is what she meant at the end of tonight episode when she said "see you on the other side"… I thought that was just jargon and meant once mission is over

Maybe it is planned that she will go to the safe house. She is, as Saul says, in on this plan now. They may all go: her, Saul and Dar. Don't know what Quinn is up to now... terrorising and getting confessions out of Mossad agents it seems...
    "See you on the other side " means the hereafter doesn't it ?.

May do... depends if one of them dies before they meet again.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

May do... depends if one of them dies before they meet again.
    Another way of putting it " If I don't see you again, see you on the other side "
    Sure I've heard it recently in this context.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another way of putting it " If I don't see you again, see you on the other side "
    Sure I've heard it recently in this context.
    I think in that moment Carrie did not think he was coming back but people do say it before someone goes off to do something arduous: a big performance whatever, as just a way of saying: see you when its over good luck.
  • RandysbackRandysback Posts: 3,404
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How come Iran and Syria are the baddies all of a sudden.. Is the US Government giving the writers a nudge. No surely not the lovely US Government :rolleyes: