Batman Arkham Origins

Comments

• austino6austino6 Posts: 301
    Forum Member
    Nothing wrong with good! I love batman & i knew what this was going be & i am not disappointed.
  • Naa_KwaKaiNaa_KwaKai Posts: 1,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How is it that some have played this game already?
  • jokerzjokerz Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I went for it in the end. lol

Congrats :D
  • Hendo9Hendo9 Posts: 1,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will be the last game I purchase on my PS3 too... was despatched yesterday so should wake up to it in the morning.
  • SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    austino6 wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with good! I love batman & i knew what this was going be & i am not disappointed.

There is if you were expecting great.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    austino6 wrote: »
    It's good but the worst of the 3 with AA being first.

Its all down to preference in the end, I liked AA but loved AC.

Once 100% AA I was done with it, felt no need to come back and replay but I found myself coming back to replay AC quite a few times since I got the game on day of release, even more so when I got the game for "free" on PS+.

I have said before that I have my worrys/suspicion's that even the devs of the game are not 100% behind it due to the really strict review embargo's placed on critics/reviewers that meant they could not release their reviews until after midnight tonight.

I would argue(hope) that even if this game is classed as the worst of the three, it still makes it head and shoulders above the rest of the "comic book superhero" games.

From the looks of it, it is a re-skined / updated vesion of AC with all "new" / different gadgets from the point of view of a raw/untested Batman who meets his first rogues all in one night..(yeah not sure on that but whatever) so at the very least its an interesting start point and if it leaves us clues for Rocksteadys "proper" sequel to AC then all the better.
  • Thunder LipsThunder Lips Posts: 1,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The problem for me was that the series just didn't need the open world aspect at all. The city is just so dull and barren for the most part, sticking to the much more linear formula of the original would've been just fine.
  • JordanDSJordanDS Posts: 1,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still no reviews published? Getting worried - starting to smack of a film that the studio doesn't allow to be previewed so at least they get their opening weekend before the critics wade in.

Still, I wasn't expecting much from Arkham Asylum when I got it...and that turned into a fantastic game. So I live in hope!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The problem for me was that the series just didn't need the open world aspect at all. The city is just so dull and barren for the most part, sticking to the much more linear formula of the original would've been just fine.

To each their own but I loved the open world aspect, being able to drop in and beat down some crims then head off to face a well known villian or just mess around defeating the riddler and snatching trophies (even though I really cant see Batman being bothered with the Riddlers trophies at all let alone being happy to cart 200 + trophies around with him just to prove him wrong :) )

I liked the set up of AA but when you really get down to it, you were confined to the strict story demands with little freedom while in AC It was (to me an any case) felt like I in a living breathing "Batman size situation".

Maybe you will like Batman: Blackgate as that appears to be much more linier and follows the metroid layout (well it is from their dev team)
  • ixHellstormxixHellstormx Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does it matter what the reviewers think of the game. Those of us that have pre-purchased/preordered did so because we liked it for whatever reason. For me it's because it's another Batman game and I enjoy playing the first two.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does it matter what the reviewers think of the game. Those of us that have pre-purchased/preordered did so because we liked it for whatever reason. For me it's because it's another Batman game and I enjoy playing the first two.

Too true. I'm dubious about the embargo but then again the same is said of Call of Duty.

Even if it is identical to arkham city with a new story that will do me as I still enjoy Arkham City now.
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is if you were expecting great.

Only setting yourself up for a fall expecting great, gos for most games these days, very few titles come under the heading of great, especially the third in a series, Uncharted 3 didn't even manage that, not to the gamers anyway.

It's the third in the series, the originality factor is long gone, so I think a good Batman game is better than no Batman game, great would be nice but who's to say it isn't? I ain't played it yet and it's my opinion that counts?
  • SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only setting yourself up for a fall expecting great, gos for most games these days, very few titles come under the heading of great, especially the third in a series, Uncharted 3 didn't even manage that, not to the gamers anyway.

It's the third in the series, the originality factor is long gone, so I think a good Batman game is better than no Batman game, great would be nice but who's to say it isn't? I ain't played it yet and it's my opinion that counts?

I'm not interested in a "good" batman game, not at full price anyway. Which is why I said people should wait until release to see if its a turkey.

Only a fool would throw money at a game they were unsure of or worse expecting it to be bad. If people held onto their money and waited then bad games wouldn't get big sales and we would see a lot less of them. But that is an argument for another day.

Oh and I think any adult justifying buying the game because they can play as Batman (irregardless of what the game is like) is sad and pathetic.
  • SMIDSYmk2SMIDSYmk2 Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    Mines being sent by Tesco's, they sent the dispatch notice yesterday, anyone has any experience with Tescos for games are they any good for getting deliverys on time?.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

While reviewers views on a game dont influence me on what games I play and what I dont, it is still interesting to read a review and pick out the stuff that interests you.

The fact that the reviewers are not allowed to say anything until midnight tonight is unfair as I can only base my decision on what I have seen online / game play vids / trailers and word of mouth from game expos.
    All of which are only the highly polished and made to look great for marketing reasons and does not actually represent the finished game (please see Aliens: Colonial Marines for the best example of this)

In a world where social media is king, is it right that publishers still treat gamers like we are something to "con" into buying their product?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SMIDSYmk2 wrote: »
    Mines being sent by Tesco's, they sent the dispatch notice yesterday, anyone has any experience with Tescos for games are they any good for getting deliverys on time?.

Usually quite good, on or around the same level as most other online sellers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having a sneak go at Batman on vita - its alright. Not bad at all. Alot like the scarecrow levels on arkham asylum - which I enjoyed
  • Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm giving this Batty game a miss this time around. I liked AA and AC, but, for some reason they are the only games in recent memory where i've had to repeatedly check the internet for ways past certain levels. And it was never anything really challenging, just like...a door in a stupid place.

I'm pretty sure AC had a glitch on one mission, and the only way for me to get past it was to go on youtube and watch a playthrough. Think it was to do with the trajectory of a bullet and the game itself messed it up.

I just feel, if i'm honest...deep down...that the Arkham games are a wee bit of a chore. :(
  • Hendo9Hendo9 Posts: 1,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Received mine through this morning and give it a go for an hour or so earlier.

Nothing to worry about at all with it, if you enjoyed the previous Arkham Games (especially City) then you'll like this.

The opening to the game is basically just an easy training exercise introducing people to the controls (former players will know all these, controls are exactly the same)

Might not be Rocksteady but certainy looks on screen, and feels like a Rocksteady game to me, which backs up the whole opinion that its Rocksteady's base, with a few WB changes here and there... which isnt a bad thing really.
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hendo9 wrote: »
    Received mine through this morning and give it a go for an hour or so earlier.

Nothing to worry about at all with it, if you enjoyed the previous Arkham Games (especially City) then you'll like this.

The opening to the game is basically just an easy training exercise introducing people to the controls (former players will know all these, controls are exactly the same)

Might not be Rocksteady but certainy looks on screen, and feels like a Rocksteady game to me, which backs up the whole opinion that its Rocksteady's base, with a few WB changes here and there... which isnt a bad thing really.

Pretty much what I'm expecting from this game, new developers or old developers they were always going to keep the feel of the first 2 games.

Add a few changes here and there and wallop!

Like I said in a previous post, more of the same, not a bad thing at all when the previous games were so good.
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Enjoy yourselves guys!!! (with my GOTY ;)) I'm gonna wait til the WiiU version hits the shelves (nov8th) there's no point in getting it for the 360 (or PS3) when the new systems arrive afew weeks later! :)
  • Des leaderDes leader Posts: 226
    Forum Member
    How has anyone received it already? as I had an email from Amazon saying the pc version had been put back a couple of weeks. So I cancelled my order and bought it via download all ready for release at midnight tonight
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Des leader wrote: »
    How has anyone received it already? as I had an email from Amazon saying the pc version had been put back a couple of weeks. So I cancelled my order and bought it via download all ready for release at midnight tonight

I think the PC version is delayed til Nov8th! (Like the wiiu) :(
  • Des leaderDes leader Posts: 226
    Forum Member
    Yep, just realised that ppl have it on other formats. Gonna be a long late night here waiting for midnight to get access for the pc version