Question from ipod newbie

I am wanting to download a movie to rent and watch but have an ISP that only allows so much download capacity per month.

If I went onto a different pc, logged into itunes on that with my username etc, and download the movie. Is it possible for me to transfer it onto disk and then place it on my ipod library folder on my computer?

Many thanks:D

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,456
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What download limits? I don't think the odd movie here and there is going to be a problem.
  • tealadytealady Posts: 26,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You'd have to authorise both pcs, so you'd need to trust the other owner.
    If you are worried about download limits, sounds like it's a big file, so how are you going to transfer the file to your pc?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 457
    Forum Member
    Many apologies it's not to download limit, but that the computer being used for downloading is on 3 broadband mobile.

So I'm wanting to download a film on someone else's pc, transfer it to dvd/rw disc then transfer it to the ipod file on my computer and then onto my ipod.

Is this possible?
  • tealadytealady Posts: 26,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That should work, but as previously mentioned, you'd have to authorise the other pc and be happy about doing that.

You could also transfer the film onto your ipod if you have set it up as a portable device (so it works like a usb flash drive or dvd data disk). You drag and drop the file in windows explorer on to your ipod then transfer it to your pc. You can then move it to your ipod so that you can view it.