Why No Strict-Tempo Dancing On Ice?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 506
Forum Member
✭✭
As this programme is called 'Dancing on Ice' am I alone in wondering why there has been no requirement for the skaters to actually dance something to strict tempo music (e.g. waltz, foxtrot etc). We have had performances using chairs, broomsticks, lifts etc but the sheer elegance of a couple skating to dance music seems to have been omitted. I must admit that I am out of touch with the modern skating world, having devoted many years to ballroom and latin dancing, so perhaps someone can advise if strict tempo dancing is still popular with ice skaters and, if so, would it be reasonable to include it in a competition that is entitled 'Dancing on Ice' ?

Blomes (Dancin' Doc)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hello there, is anybody at home? Posted this thread yesterday and it seems that 133 forumites have read it but not a solitary one has answered the initial query or proffered an opinion as to whether there should have been a little strict-tempo dancing in a programme entitled 'Dancing on Ice'.
    Would this be too hard for the contestants, or would it be too easy? It might reasonably be thought that this might have been more in keeping with dancing on ice than tricks with chairs and broomsticks, and a little elegance would not go amiss. If there are ANY ice dancing experts on this forum it would be nice to have their opinion.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,898
    Forum Member
    I think that the celbs should have to dance the rumba , jive , paso , foxtrot . quickstep
  • slappers r usslappers r us Posts: 56,131
    Forum Member
    well its not really dancing is it with all the lifts and spins

its like a cross between dancing and pairs