Should Eternal re-unite?

OrdinaryMorningOrdinaryMorning Posts: 2,602
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Quite a good girlband of the 90's had a long stream of Top 10 singles but were somewhat overshadowed by the Spice Girls. They did manage a number 1 though although their earlier stuff was so good.

Anyway, i'm surprised this band never reunited. It's strange that they went from a four piece to a duo of just the bennett sisters and gave up when their (fantastic) final album flopped at number 87 in the charts. That album was a great little pop/R&B album with quite a few potential hits on it.

Their discography is quite good too. Something like 15 top 20 singles which is a good stretch. It's just a shame that their last single 'What'Cha Gonna Do' wasn't good enough for people to buy the album. Nobody wanted a 'God Fearing' song.

Easther Bennett had such a powerful voice back in the day that i'm so shocked that she was never signed as a solo artist although judging by rumours back in the day, the Bennett sisters were not the nicest people to work with.

Anyway, I really do think that they are one of the very few bands of the 90's that should and could re-unite and it would not seem desperate. Maybe Easther, Vernie and Kelle should re-unite as that was the period of when they were most successful (By the way, what is Louise up to these days? She's not as 'out there' like she used to be).

Easther Bennett seems to have dissapeared off the face of the earth though. Vernie is on twitter but doesn't tweet that much.

Comments

• gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    easther had a brilliant voice. really liked their first album, but the material went down hill from there album wise. the spice girls came along together with the all saints and they pretty much left eternal in the shade.

they did last longer as a three piece, but once kelle left and rumours started to surface about tensions within the band. the two piece were doomed before they even released anything really.

the question is would kelle return after being sacked by fax back in the day?:o i heard a rumour a while back that they were going to reunite for a tour, but ultimately it didn't happen.

ironically, louise is the only member with any notable solo success outside of the group.:eek: although, in recent years, she`s mainly been working on tv roles at the bbc.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Always and Forever is one of the best albums to ever come out of the UK.
    It is a girl group classic
  • CloudbusterCloudbuster Posts: 688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved them at the time- and for me that is just it, let them stay in that time
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 406
    Forum Member
    Yes! :)
  • bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eternal could sing, spice girls couldnt IMO