Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (8)

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,666
Forum Member
✭✭✭
With what most likely will be modern warfare 3 announced in the next coming days. I thought I'll start a thread dedicated in discussion for it. (So we won't have lots and lots of threads when it's announced).

Here's the countdown if anyone is interested :)

Wishlist thread.

Let the countdown began :)

Anyone else super excited about it:o?

Comments

• Chris_TVChris_TV Posts: 4,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am. I loved Modern Warfare 2 even with its flaws. I just hope this game comes with lots of testing done before hand so it is playable on release date.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chris_TV wrote: »
    I am. I loved Modern Warfare 2 even with its flaws. I just hope this game comes with lots of testing done before hand so it is playable on release date.

Completely agree. However I bet you they won't have a public beta!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The countdown site is a hoax, that's what Activision said.
    Activision wrote:
    An Activision spokesperson issued this statement to IGN this afternoon. "There seems to be a great deal of speculation about the next Call of Duty project. Let me be clear that we are not revealing yet. Anything indicating otherwise is a hoax."

When asked if Activision is planning to reveal any games on Wednesday morning, the spokesperson said "Nope."
    Link

So what will get announced in just over 4 days:confused:
    Sledgehammer Games are going to the Game Developers Conference | Feb 28-Mar 4, 2011 | San Francisco, CA | Career Pavilion. Maybe they will announce something.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    how anyone can get excited over a new call of duty game baffles me. the COD brainwashing machine is getting so bad that if activision asked all COD players to set up a direct debit for £40 a month to continue playing, 80% of 'em probably would.
  • Premium-OnionPremium-Onion Posts: 3,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wiseguy100 wrote: »
    how anyone can get excited over a new call of duty game baffles me. the COD brainwashing machine is getting so bad that if activision asked all COD players to set up a direct debit for £40 a month to continue playing, 80% of 'em probably would.

You're not wrong. Black Ops was my last game. Not buying the map packs either. I don't want to support a company like Activision.

EA won't suprise me by taking the same direction with the Battlefield series.
  • Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brainwashing?

I hate activision. But i like CoD games. I know there are other war based FPS out there, i tried them. They never quite measure up where it matters, multiplayer.

CoD certainly isn't perfect. In fact its been getting worse gradually since MW. But sadly...even treyarchs BO is more fun than most games out there. And its not even a good CoD game really is it?

If MW3 looks as good as the ones that went before it, i'll try it.

As for giving shady companies money? Well it doesn't stop us usually, does it?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    speak for yourself, after what Activision did to Bizarre Creations, i'll never buy an Activision game again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone else super excited about it:o?

No cos every COD since COD4 had been a let down. Playable but never as good as you think it will be.
  • Roge8014Roge8014 Posts: 371
    Forum Member
    EA won't suprise me by taking the same direction with the Battlefield series.

Part of me fears this too.

However, they have MoH to do that!

BC3 hasn't been announced yet, BF3 is out this Autumn (and that'll be where I'll be spending my money - not on CoD).

I'm hoping that EA hold off flooding the market with battlefield games (whether they be BF or BC)

And I 100% agree with MGS
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am looking forward to MW3. MW2 is an excellent game, testing reactions and teamwork (when you don't play with nutters). Great online maps, leveling up system and massively rewarding.

I will not buy another CoD branded game developed by Treyarch as they don't have ability or intelligence that the IW studio has when it comes to making a game of this type. CoD2 is a masterpiece, CoD4:MW is a genre defining game imo and has been matched by MW2. CoD3 is appalling, CoD:WaW wasn't as good as should have been and I quickly grew bored of it. I will not be buying Blops.

If MW3 is an improvement on Modern Warfare 2 then yes I will definately buy it. Not because I fall into the CoD marketing traps but because I enjoy playing the games. Fingers crossed MW2 isn't the pinnacle of this fantastic studio :)
  • Chris_TVChris_TV Posts: 4,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well Activision are saying there will be no MW3 reveal. I hope there will be a MW3 this year there much better than the other Call Of Duty titles. Black Ops is not that good but as someone else says it is still actualy better than the majority of games on the market.
  • LeehamLeeham Posts: 4,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After BO, I'll be sticking with Battlefield 3.

MW1 set the bar too high.
  • tommyd1258tommyd1258 Posts: 6,923
    Forum Member
    Leeham wrote: »
    After BO, I'll be sticking with Battlefield 3.

MW1 set the bar too high.

I agree. I like Black Ops but I'm not buying this year's COD, buying it every year it. MW2 campaign was stupid and the multiplayer was and still is awful. Black Ops multiplayer is fun and not frustrating, but the campaign is balls.

Looking forward to Battlefield 3, Bad Company 2 is the best online shooter in my opinion.
  • OneManTagTeamOneManTagTeam Posts: 3,943
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After playing Killzone 3, I'd like to see a cover system but no doubt it'll just be the same recycled pish all over again
  • He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    The hate for black ops on here is staggering.

I don't care what people say on forums or if Activision is ran by a group of people consisting of Adolf Hitler,Raul Moat,Jack the ripper and Dath Vader.

Black ops is a fantastic little shooter imo and if i think i'll enjoy the next game,i'll buy it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He4rt wrote: »
    The hate for black ops on here is staggering.

I don't care what people say on forums or if Activision is ran by a group of people consisting of Adolf Hitler,Raul Moat,Jack the ripper and Dath Vader.

Black ops is a fantastic little shooter imo and if i think i'll enjoy the next game,i'll buy it.

Agreed.
    I also don't get why all the hate is towards COD in general. Maybe it's the cool thing to do at the moment. Hate on something which is hugely successful. I barely see any positive remarks about the game in it's own thread, however all my friends love it.
  • LeehamLeeham Posts: 4,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed.
    I also don't get why all the hate is towards COD in general. Maybe it's the cool thing to do at the moment. Hate on something which is hugely successful. I barely see any positive remarks about the game in it's own thread, however all my friends love it.

Of course. It's never just honest banter, there's always something behind it...

After the novelty of new maps wore off, it was a frustrating game with the same problems as the earlier revisions. BF2 and 3 is much more my cup of tea, BC2 not so much any more.

The idiots buying the awful map DLC packs put me off as well, if you let a company walk all over you (as a consumer base) then you have no voice any more. DICEs rolling VIP content is what...10 times the size of the IW/3arc single offering? Look at the Vietnam expansion for gods sake.
  • SoundburstSoundburst Posts: 13,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cod 4 was brilliant.

Black Ops is the same fundamental thing. . . but even worse.

Hideously overpowered killstreaks.
    Last stand / healing.
    AK74u.
    Crappy maps.
    Awful spawning.

God I miss CoD4. G36C. No healing. 3,5,7 kill streaks and as such less camping. Search and destroy was a pleasure!. Now all you have is marathon lightweight (unofficial commando . . .as its' built into Black Ops by default without the need for a perk!) people sprinting around with stupid throwing knives, or knives themselves. Awful.

Cod4 was so pure and beautiful.

Everything since has been "let's put in all this extra filler that makes the game shit!".

Is it too early for a CoD4HD remake? :D (it wasn't 720p was it?). CoD4 with host migration shits all over anything Treyarch have (half) made (considering they release their games still in Alpha).
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont get the hate either. For me MW2 is the sub standard game.

COD4 was good but dont forget they wouldnt go back in and give Ps3 owners trophy support or even rumble support.

Black Ops now that its patched is probably my favourite COD of all time now, though I dont think I'll support the DLC
  • Premium-OnionPremium-Onion Posts: 3,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gillyallan wrote: »

COD4 was good but dont forget they wouldnt go back in and give Ps3 owners trophy support or even rumble support.

Black Ops now that its patched is probably my favourite COD of all time now, though I dont think I'll support the DLC

I'd agree with that. Although it's still bad compared to the 360 version.
    Forum Member
    Leeham wrote: »
    The idiots buying the awful map DLC packs put me off as well, if you let a company walk all over you (as a consumer base) then you have no voice any more. DICEs rolling VIP content is what...10 times the size of the IW/3arc single offering? Look at the Vietnam expansion for gods sake.

Idiots? I bought the map pack and iv'e never regretted it. In terms of value for money,iv'e played ascension up to around level 25 about 10 times and each time must have taken at least a couple of hours. 20 hours gameplay for less than a tenner and thats without mentioning the multiplayer maps,i'd like to know what other form of entertainment could offer me the same enjoyment.
    Soundburst wrote: »
    Cod4 was so pure and beautiful.

No it wasn't and no it isn't. Nade spam fest added with a plethora of quick scopers and no host migartion. It was good in it's day but it hasn't aged well. At least the ak74-u was a good gun though,black ops killed it.

gillyallan wrote: »

I think cod4 is living off its previous merits,in it's day it wowed the console community but people still bang on about it as if it's the holy grail of games.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He4rt wrote: »
    Idiots? I bought the map pack and iv'e never regretted it. In terms of value for money,iv'e played ascension up to around level 25 about 10 times and each time must have taken at least a couple of hours. 20 hours gameplay for less than a tenner and thats without mentioning the multiplayer maps,i'd like to know what other form of entertainment could offer me the same enjoyment.

No it wasn't and no it isn't. Nade spam fest added with a plethora of quick scopers and no host migartion. It was good in it's day but it hasn't aged well. At least the ak74-u was a good gun though,black ops killed it.

I think cod4 is living off its previous merits,in it's day it wowed the console community but people still bang on about it as if it's the holy grail of games.

What do you mean? Back then it was a well balanced gun until black ops made it practically the only gun you ever see on a killcam in Black Ops?

Just look at the youtube videos on Machinima :D:D

"Hello. . . it's XXXXX here and today i'll be using AK74u with lightweight and marathon. . . "
    Forum Member
    What do you mean? Back then it was a well balanced gun until black ops made it practically the only gun you ever see on a killcam in Black Ops?

Just look at the youtube videos on Machinima :D:D

"Hello. . . it's XXXXX here and today i'll be using AK74u with lightweight and marathon. . . "

Thats exactly what i mean. It was well balanced before, now everyone uses so it's not so 'cool' anymore.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joprHxT9-54

That ALWAYS disturbs me.

I mean. . . .as a game designer.

Who is responsible for pitching that?

And who is responsible for saying "Great Idea!"

In Black Ops you don't even need the commando perk - it's just the standard knife melee now! Just one of the many new and improved "features" over cod4 :D
    Forum Member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joprHxT9-54

That ALWAYS disturbs me.

I mean. . . .as a game designer.

Who is responsible for pitching that?

And who is responsible for saying "Great Idea!"

In Black Ops you don't even need the commando perk - it's just the standard knife melee now! Just one of the many new and improved "features" over cod4 :D

Stabbing is hit and miss. They patched the knife so now there is hardly any lunge. It was funny when they first did it and i'd often see people flapping at thin air in front of me before i plouged them with bullets.:p

Still,Iv'e always though the best idea would to have a 'stab vest' perk so it takes at least 2 stabs to kill you. I'm amazed that this hasn't been put in to black ops after the complaints from previous games.
This discussion has been closed.