Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 6)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The visa ad that is at the top of the page is very irritating
  • halstationhalstation Posts: 502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    R.Vecchio wrote: »
    also hate the trend of "find us on facebook". Why would I care that your shitty product is on facebook and why would I even look it up?!

I hate this. Its so bloody lazy. I've noticed a lot of competitions have moved to facebook.
  • halstationhalstation Posts: 502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tinkie wrote: »

Is it me, or does that ad never change no matter how many different pages you click on?
  • davethepiemandavethepieman Posts: 106
    Forum Member
    R.Vecchio wrote: »
    also hate the trend of "find us on facebook". Why would I care that your shitty product is on facebook and why would I even look it up?!

Not really ad-related, but a similar vein to this - many entertainment programmes now flash up hashtags on the screen at the beginning just in case anyone wants to tweet about them. What a sad nation we are!
  • soapfan_1973soapfan_1973 Posts: 3,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got one to beat the new Weight Watchers one and I thought that would be impossible! This one is for something called Lazy Garlic and is quite simply awful.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4MyoFmODB4
  • bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    A little OT but when I went home from Christmas my little brother told me there is a boy in his class who's mum took part in creating that terrible Littlewoods christmas advert! Apparently she wrote the lyrics to 'My lovely muva' :eek: Should tell her it sucks! Suprised if she hasn't heard that by now lol

At first I thought maybe he made it up, but who would make that sort of thing up? Not exactly the most amazing thing to be proud of!
  • TracerTongTracerTong Posts: 3,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That Dell ad with the creepy guy talking about the laptop/assistant (whos right behind him)
  • MikeyDLuffyMikeyDLuffy Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    Evertest windows advert with the smug guy telling me to 'be honest, I didn't expect that today'
  • Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member
    halstation wrote: »
    Surely I'm not the only person who has seen the lame Churchill advert with Martin (I'll sell anything me) Clunes.:eek:

Wouldn't it be more interesting if Churchill got
    a West Highland Terrier called Macmillian as
    a sidekick? ;)
  • Calamity-joCalamity-jo Posts: 794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hate this. Its so bloody lazy. I've noticed a lot of competitions have moved to facebook.

Don't get me started about this. The amount of friends who I've had to put on "ignore" on Facebook because they keep entering competitions! I get fed up of having to trawl through them all!
  • Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member
    Evertest windows advert with the smug guy telling me to 'be honest, I didn't expect that today'

Bet he says that after annoyed viewers punch him in
    the face. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    Wiltshire Farm Foods with bloody Ronnie Corbett!!! He goes skipping along like a poison midget to some "poor old sod that can't get out" who's blatantly an actor in a very nice, plush house and actually looks like he could run a mile himself.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tinkie wrote: »

clearly never heard of adblock then....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 100
    Forum Member
    Did I seriously just see an advert for a matchbox toy of an Eddie Stobart lorry. It's not so much the lorry (well. yes, it is) it's the words the guy was saying to accompany it. Maybe people could put it going upwards on the stairs so they can pretend to be trying to get past it on a hill.
  • GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Harveys - "At those prices, you'd be mad not to." EXCUSE ME?! Are you saying that I'd be mad not to spend £899 on a table and chairs? No... just... NO!! :mad:
  • Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Harveys - "At those prices, you'd be mad not to." EXCUSE ME?! Are you saying that I'd be mad not to spend £899 on a table and chairs? No... just... NO!! :mad:

The whole campaign is really annoying, both the adverts around Coronation Street and the stand alone ones in the ad breaks.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mclarenf1 wrote: »
    clearly never heard of adblock then....

Actually no :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just seen an advert for Nisa (I think or Niser) its a shop (I think) - The grinning couple put me off getting the exact details:D
  • GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Lovefilm Instant advert. FFS, I've seen it like 8 times today! :mad:

Churchill - Just lame. Why Martin Clunes? At least it's not that tug of war one I saw about 5,000 times.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    That poundstopocket.co.uk loan advert I saw the other day and also an advert for a company called postalgold (one of those adverts asking for your gold). These adverts really annoy me :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 111
    Forum Member
    Mazuma Mobile. What a rip off! The only way you can get more then about £1 for your phone is if you decide you don't want your iPhone a couple of weeks after buying a new model!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've only just found this thread - another way to waste my time, lol

But must admit ad-hate is one of my own personal hobbies too...:o

I think I'd have to echo anyone who's mentioned Haribo as close to the top of the league. Is it supposed to be 'cute' when that little girl acts like a vicious little cow to her dad? And is it also Haribo (or another product) that has the operatic singing over the wedding scene - that one makes my skin crawl. :mad:

I wouldn't mind if Haribo were at least nice sweets - but they are vaguely flavoured lumps of plastic gum. :rolleyes:
  • Invent MeridianInvent Meridian Posts: 642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw the new Churchill advert Yesterday. The 'nodding dog' model seems to be a cheaper version of the previous, it has very odd facial movements (compared to what it had before) and most strangely of all, its paw moves! Although one only sees the end of the paw and not the rest of the model, it is clearly established in the previous adverts that only its head moves and thus ruins the continuity.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's not lazy though, it's because they gain a wealth of information about who's buying/interested in their product because idiots sign up for their competitions, offers and associated facebook crap.

People really don't seem to realise how much information about themselves they give away.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    I hate those "Give us your old phone/cds/dvds/games" ads. I admit I have used one of them for DVDs etc but the rate of return they give is actually awful.
This discussion has been closed.