Options

The Official X Factor Australia 2013 Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    Lucylocket88Lucylocket88 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    Since Redfoo and Dannii appeared on the Aussie version, ratings have risen. Not sure how accurate this is though

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s103/the-x-factor/news/a524958/dannii-minogue-in-talks-for-itv-return.html
  • Options
    Forum Member
    marianner wrote: »
    I think Dannii has really grown as a judge this year. Even more honest, more focused. I think she might return to the UK show but theres a lot of things that needs to be sorted out first.

Well, I am sure Dannii will make the right decision for her and Ethan. As much as I would prefer her on the UK X Factor, I would understand if she didn't come back.:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 359
    Forum Member
    Just watched the show and these are my rankings.

Round 1

01. Dami - This was not the power song, but the passion song judges. Dami nailed it.
    02. Third D3gree - Much better vocals by Jordan. Loved it. They are so full of energy.
    03. Taylor - Messed up big time and the vocals were off.
    04. Jai - Messed up bigger than Taylor. I want him gone.

Round 2

01. Dami - Dami back to week 2 mode. amazing performance and should make the final.
    02. Third Degree - I just love this group and it was such an exciting performance.
    03. Taylor - Did not like the song choice, but he did a pretty good job.
    04. Jai - I don't know what it is, but he just irritates me. He spoilt a good song.

I hope it is Jai that goes, but I fear it will be Third D3gree.
  • Options
    mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, I am sure Dannii will make the right decision for her and Ethan. As much as I would prefer her on the UK X Factor, I would understand if she didn't come back.:)

Ethan is prob not the issue. Hes still a baby and its not until hes five six that she needs to settle down. Its all down to clearingthings out. We'll see. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    What I want:
    1. Third D3gree
    2. Dami
    3. Taylor
    4. Jai

What I think:
    1. Taylor
    2. Dami
    3. Jai
    4. Third D3gree
  • Options
    Forum Member
    pingu58011 wrote: »
    What I want:
    1. Third D3gree
    2. Dami
    3. Taylor
    4. Jai

What I think:
    1. Taylor
    2. Dami
    3. Jai
    4. Third D3gree

I would be happy with that, as a Dami fan:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Bjkaave wrote: »
    Um, I wouldn't say that Miley has a stronger voice than Dami, but you're right about Whitney, obviously.

No one brought anything like SLAYMANTHA JADE'S version of Heartless, but to be fair, Sammi's version isn't the first reworking of that song ever done, no even on a singing show.
    Sammi's wasn't like ny of the other versions that have been done and it was a real moment anyway, however. I wasn't really expecting anyone to come out and slay like she did that night, so I don feel disappointed because of that.

I agree. I actually think Dami is stronger than Miley, but not as strong as Whitney.:)
  • Options
    hannahhannah Posts: 13,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Predict:
    1. Dami
    2. Jai
    3. Taylor
    4. Third Degree

Want:
    1. Taylor
    2. Dami
    3. Third Degree
    4. Jai
  • Options
    woodlandswoodlands Posts: 624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Taylor is currently number 1 on iTunes with Girls Just want to Have Fun:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 50
    Forum Member
    woodlands wrote: »
    Taylor is currently number 1 on iTunes with Girls Just want to Have Fun:D

Taylor has 6 tracks in the top 100 on Itunes in Australia!! :eek:

Dami has 2..
    Jai has 2...
    and 3d only has 1..

Wow, I didn't realise Taylor was that popular!! Thinking he could win now... :D:D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love his version! Im happy for him. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Stevey98 wrote: »
    Taylor has 6 tracks in the top 100 on Itunes in Australia!! :eek:

Dami has 2..
    Jai has 2...
    and 3d only has 1..

Wow, I didn't realise Taylor was that popular!! Thinking he could win now... :D:D:D:D

Well done to him. Yes, I have already predicted Taylor will win. I will be happy for him too:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 199
    Forum Member
    Top 4 recap: http://musicisthedoortothesoul.blogspot.com/2013/10/x-factor-australia-2013-top-4-perform.html

Not sure who am I rooting for. Dami, THIRD D3GREE and Taylor were great on their second performances.

Jai was a diaster on both. He needs to go
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dannii seems to be getting a bit of stick on FB for her dressing down of Taylor about his backstage antics. Didn't she say something like this on the UK version of the show:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Dannii seems to be getting a bit of stick on FB for her dressing down of Taylor about his backstage antics. Didn't she say something like this on the UK version of the show:confused:

No, she didn't.

I doubt she cares about what those losers on Facebook think anyway:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, she didn't.

My mistake then, I just thought that it was her that had a problem with one of the contestants attitude and brought it to the live show- must have been someone else then:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    My mistake then, I just thought that it was her that had a problem with one of the contestants attitude and brought it to the live show- must have been someone else then:o

I think that was Tulisa.

Dannii did make a comment about a contestants lyrics, changing the gender or something, along those lines in 2009.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Dannii isn't telling us anything that we can't see for ourselves in the pre-performance videos. Or hear for ourselves when Taylor talks back sometimes when he gets a slightly negative comment.
  • Options
    earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rated from 0-5, with 4 as the benchmark for the original.
    1. THIRD D3GREE 1: A bit pedestrian. Good but not great.
    2. Dami 1: Wonderful, but it's not her best. Foo was right, it needed grit.
    3. Jai 1: He did not connect with the song at all (even in the beginning). It felt like a rehearsal rather than the live performance. It was less "lost in the song" and more "lost."
    4. Taylor 1: This performance and last week's was like night and day. The song choice was not good.
    5. Jai 2: His "emotional" face doesn't work for this song, and this just wasn't good.
    6. THIRD D3GREE 2: Remember Johnny Ruffo's last-ditch effort to get to the final? This could be theirs, except this was good.
    7. Taylor 2: That song choice was shit, too, but it was fun and it was good.
    8. Dami 2: Better than the first performance, but her voice is too smooth for that song.

Dannii's lecture seems like something off Tulisa's handbook; she must be desperate to win. I felt like I was watching snake oil salesmen when the judges comment on Jai's performance. I think they want Taylor contained, if not out.

By the way, there might be a Bottom 2 this week. Luke said something about a "final showdown."
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    earldbest wrote: »
    Rated from 0-5, with 4 as the benchmark for the original.
    1. THIRD D3GREE 1: A bit pedestrian. Good but not great.
    2. Dami 1: Wonderful, but it's not her best. Foo was right, it needed grit.
    3. Jai 1: He did not connect with the song at all (even in the beginning). It felt like a rehearsal rather than the live performance. It was less "lost in the song" and more "lost."
    4. Taylor 1: This performance and last week's was like night and day. The song choice was not good.
    5. Jai 2: His "emotional" face doesn't work for this song, and this just wasn't good.
    6. THIRD D3GREE 2: Remember Johnny Ruffo's last-ditch effort to get to the final? This could be theirs, except this was good.
    7. Taylor 2: That song choice was shit, too, but it was fun and it was good.
    8. Dami 2: Better than the first performance, but her voice is too smooth for that song.

Dannii's lecture seems like something off Tulisa's handbook; she must be desperate to win. I felt like I was watching snake oil salesmen when the judges comment on Jai's performance. I think they want Taylor contained, if not out.

By the way, there might be a Bottom 2 this week. Luke said something about a "final showdown."
    Dannii's lecture was nothing at all like Tulisa's. Dannii was commenting on Taylor's attitude in regards to his work ethic, Tulisa brought up an arguement between Misha and some if all of Little Mix. The situations are different. Plus, we can see from Taylor's pre-performance videos and some of the comments he makes while receiving a critique that he has a bit of an attitude. Whatever happened between Misha and Little Mix was off stage and off camera, so everyone was just left to speculate on what had happened.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love Dannii but I dont like what she said to Taylor. He was right to stick up for his taste and his version.

Soon we'll know the final 3 :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love Dannii but I dont like what she said to Taylor. He was right to stick up for his taste and his version.

Dannii didn't say anything negative about his version of the song last night, she even gave him a standing ovation.:o
    She has mentioned his attitude in rehearsals and has previously brought up the excuses he often makes when he is being critiqued.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bjkaave wrote: »
    Dannii didn't say anything negative about his version of the song last night, she even gave him a standing ovation.:o
    She has mentioned his attitude in rehearsals and has previously brought up the excuses he often makes when he is being critiqued.

She said we all hear whats been going on backstage. No we dont. She was wrong there. Im guessing with Ronans comment he had to fight for it.

Anyway,its done now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She said we all hear whats been going on backstage. No we dont. She was wrong there. Im guessing with Ronans comment he had to fight for it.

Anyway,its done now.

We see some of it in the VT's though. I've seen judges take it way further than that and also get very personal when it comes to backstage stuff, sometimes even off camera stuff.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 122
    Forum Member

Yeah, I love me some Dannii but she shouldn't mettle into their mentor-singer affair. I think it's good advice but maybe not for the public ears to hear.