The Vampire Diaries Season 3 [US Pace] *Tagged Spoilers*

Comments

• nats18nats18 Posts: 8,186
    Forum Member
    Just read
    Matt Davis has been cast in a new pilot so probably means he is this years casualty. Pity I love him and Damon
  • PalmerwhoPalmerwho Posts: 1,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent episode, damn breaks.

I think everyone guessed about the bloodlines effecting all other vampires. My money is that they are all linked to Elijah, Klaus would be too obvious.

Klaus, Rebekah & Elijah will survive, too much potential storylines blown when Elena gets turned (fingers crossed, Elena no longer being the weak link). Klaus furious, Elena getting to go toe to toe with Rebekah and the possibility of an extra side to the 'triangle'!
  • fabulistfabulist Posts: 504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm a fan of the show, it's generally good fun. But really, the hypocrisy, inconsistency and general lack of ethics displayed by the entire main cast is becoming staggering.
    Elena is just bizarre, generally condemning Damon for his actions (which include recently killing her brother, rape, murder etc) but for the most part she seems unfazed by Stefans recent killing spree and just wants to forget it all so they can get back together. But then even though she is quite vocal in judging Damon, he essentially gets the same free pass as his brother because she never stops hanging around him and swapping banter.
    Then of course there's this plan to kill the entire Original family. For weeks, Klaus seemingly couldn't care less about any of them and yet they were hell bent on his murder. Not to mention the fact that neither Kol nor Finn had ever done anything to provoke such an act at all.
    And now faced with the information that killing an Original kills their entire line, their only issue is saving their friends. It seems the countless hundreds/thousands of other vampires who will die is of no importance.
    The fact is that the entire group has a huge kill count now and they seemingly will sacrifice any and all to protect themselves. Which for the "good guys" doesn't really work imo.
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    I think Klaus, Rebekah and Elijah will survive this season. I love Claire Holt and I think she's doing a great job with this role.
    Forum Member
    fabulist wrote: »
    I'm a fan of the show, it's generally good fun. But really, the hypocrisy, inconsistency and general lack of ethics displayed by the entire main cast is becoming staggering.
    Elena is just bizarre, generally condemning Damon for his actions (which include recently killing her brother, rape, murder etc) but for the most part she seems unfazed by Stefans recent killing spree and just wants to forget it all so they can get back together. But then even though she is quite vocal in judging Damon, he essentially gets the same free pass as his brother because she never stops hanging around him and swapping banter.
    Then of course there's this plan to kill the entire Original family. For weeks, Klaus seemingly couldn't care less about any of them and yet they were hell bent on his murder. Not to mention the fact that neither Kol nor Finn had ever done anything to provoke such an act at all.
    And now faced with the information that killing an Original kills their entire line, their only issue is saving their friends. It seems the countless hundreds/thousands of other vampires who will die is of no importance.
    The fact is that the entire group has a huge kill count now and they seemingly will sacrifice any and all to protect themselves. Which for the "good guys" doesn't really work imo.

BIB to be fair vamps are generally bad so why would anyone really care their gonna kill them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guessed they would some how be linked together. I really want Elijah to be the 'source' of the main vamps bloodline. I love him, and really dont want to see him killed off.

Whens the show back??
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    ukool wrote: »
    I guessed they would some how be linked together. I really want Elijah to be the 'source' of the main vamps bloodline. I love him, and really dont want to see him killed off.

Whens the show back??

The show's back on the 19th :)
  • Joel's dadJoel's dad Posts: 4,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's bound to be Elijah who has turned the most vamps IMO. In order I would say

Elijah
    Klaus
    Rebbekah
    Kol
    Finn
  • PalmerwhoPalmerwho Posts: 1,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No spoilers, just speculating!

Anyone else think Elena will get turned by the end of the season?

It seems likely to me. tbh I think it's been comng for a while, an Original sibling will screw over Klaus's Hybrids to make sure they don't get killed (Rebekah?).
  • hilzibubhilzibub Posts: 585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Palmerwho wrote: »
    No spoilers, just speculating!

Anyone else think Elena will get turned by the end of the season?

It seems likely to me. tbh I think it's been comng for a while, an Original sibling will screw over Klaus's Hybrids to make sure they don't get killed (Rebekah?).

Ooh yes, this could be very possible (the Elena as a vampire speculation), after all, the books had her going backward and forward as all sorts of beings (I know thw TV prog has gone down a v different path tho!).

What I hope is that the finale cliffhanger is not too:
    1. cheesy
    2. unbelievable
      1. irritating
    but I guess it will be all three!..X
  • MrsceeMrscee Posts: 5,271
    Forum Member
    I'm hoping that Bonnie at least starts to pick up as a character..lately to me she seems to be looking down her nose at everyone thinking she's better than everyone else..she's getting on my nerves..
    I'm also hoping they get round to making Elena a vampire but if they are trying to stop people killing the originals to stop the line of people being turned also being killed off then I think she'll not be a vampire for a long time unless they use her as the 'if you kill us you'll kill her' sort of thing
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    3.19 is a really good episode, in spite of the final twist being a little too obvious by the time it came.

Not as good as season 2, but I'm really curious to find out how they wrap this all up.
  • TribecTribec Posts: 9,327
    Forum Member
    JCR wrote: »
    3.19 is a really good episode, in spite of the final twist being a little too obvious by the time it came.

Not as good as season 2, but I'm really curious to find out how they wrap this all up.

I have to agree, it was better than some of the previous episodes where I at times was just wanting it to hurry up to the end. Though why I thought someone else was going to return this week I don't know. I think I may have seen one or two spoilers or something and maybe got confused.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mrscee wrote: »
    I'm hoping that Bonnie at least starts to pick up as a character..lately to me she seems to be looking down her nose at everyone thinking she's better than everyone else..she's getting on my nerves

she's always irritated me as a character. I've never understood why people press so much for her to have a major storyline (posts via tumblr mostly). But that's just my personal preferences

and also
    I really like Matt Davis and the dynamics of Alaric and Damon's bromance, it'd be a shame to loose that. And also, they've killed off every one of Damon's friends and Elena's paternal figures, I think they should at least keep hold of one. Which usually means they won't lol
    Forum Member
    iShum wrote: »
    she's always irritated me as a character. I've never understood why people press so much for her to have a major storyline (posts via tumblr mostly). But that's just my personal preferences

and also
    I really like Matt Davis and the dynamics of Alaric and Damon's bromance, it'd be a shame to loose that. And also, they've killed off every one of Damon's friends and Elena's paternal figures, I think they should at least keep hold of one. Which usually means they won't lol

In regards to
    Alaric I read he's a main character in a new show possibly kevin williamsons new one. So sadly I reckon he's a goner
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As soon as she said she wanted them all to die i knew what was coming. The twists dont shock me anymore.

Loved the Elene and Damon kiss :)

Why go to Jermery to contact Rose when Matt can do the same?
    Forum Member
    Cos Matt had had his 2 mins of airtime and they had to bring jeremy back somehow.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nats18 wrote: »
    Just read
    Matt Davis has been cast in a new pilot so probably means he is this years casualty. Pity I love him and Damon

'Cult' i read even if it's picked up, it's only gonna be 13 eps so he can go back to TVD.

i've watched every ep now so can look at this thread yay! :)

new episode tonight :D:D
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    3.20 is a bit meh, sad to say. Main problem is the show can't believably threaten to do something- kill all the vampires- you know it's not gonna do.

It was enlivened only by Klaus, who appears to be turning into Dr Who's Davros circa the 1980's.

I really hope no more Esther after tonight as her acting is not good.
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another week, another round of let's kill the originals that comes to naught.

I know a lot of people like Klaus and Rebekah, but I'm thoroughly sick of them now. The show needs to get back to being brave and kill one or both off instead of dragging this out all season.
  • stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another dance, c'mon.:confused:

There is so much mileage in the characters I can stand some faffing about without getting too bored.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    I was pleased TVD had got some balls back this week and decided that Alaric needed to die. It was lovely, great scenes with Damon........then BONNIE decides to F it all up by doing god knows what and bringing him alive again. Really detest Bonnie, the sooner she dies off the better. Don't like Esther, fed up of the love triangle between Damon/Stefan and Elena and all together feeling cheesed off with what used to be an amazing show. Hope it finds itself soon.
  • TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    Another week, another round of let's kill the originals that comes to naught.

I know a lot of people like Klaus and Rebekah, but I'm thoroughly sick of them now. The show needs to get back to being brave and kill one or both off instead of dragging this out all season.

i just want elijah if youre going to centre around the originals he is the best for gods sake
  • JMTDJMTD Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member
    Bonnie is by far the most dislikable character in the shows history and one I've never liked, last nights episode cemented that for me, she's so annoying. I've given up hoping for her to get killed, I cant see it happening any time soon.

Goodish episode, nothing brilliant though, good progress in the story. I love Rebekah and really don't want them to kill her off, but it's safe to say she's a goner. If only they'd kill off Bonnie and Tyler instead :cry: