Options

Three new price plans.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 490
    Forum Member
    Hi

I took out the One Plan last October. I plan to carry on with the tarrif for as long as I can. Even when the new iPhone comes out, I'll buy the handset sim free and use my current sim. Come October this year when my 12 month contract ends.

That's what I do, way to go IMO.
    Will Three force me to transfer onto one of these new contracts?

Thanks

Baz

There's no way of knowing unfortunately, unlikely, but not impossible I guess.

They can't force you on to anything, as you'll always have the option of moving providers, but for the moment it "appears" that when your SIM Only contract expires, it will simply convert to a rolling 1 month contract, keeping what you have now.

Us SIM Only folks with unlimited tethering may just be in luck if the terms in our current contracts stay 'as is' until we choose to leave.
  • Options
    coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Us SIM Only folks with unlimited tethering may just be in luck if the terms in our current contracts stay 'as is' until we choose to leave.

Three have confirmed this already.

From the three blog-

"Hi, if you are on an existing plan with unlimited data you will stay on this unless you upgrade or change tariff."
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 490
    Forum Member
    cooler wrote: »
    Three have confirmed this already.

From the three blog-

"Hi, if you are on an existing plan with unlimited data you will stay on this unless you upgrade or change tariff."

I saw that, but I'm always a little cynical about the wording in these situations.

What (in 3's view) would constitute me 'upgrading' from my current SIM Only £15 per month One Plan contract?

Also, I presume by 'changing tariff' they mean 'downgrading', as there's nothing above the One Plan to 'up'grade to?

Presumably, if I were to move to a 2 year contract that included a subsidised phone, I would be put on the tariff that's relevant at that point and give up my current SIM Only tariff.

Also, if I moved from my current One Plan to say, the Essential Internet SIM 600, that would constitute me 'changing tariffs'.

Either way, I've no plans to change anything about my £15 One Plan that includes unlimited tethering and 4G on the way.
  • Options
    qasdfdsaqqasdfdsaq Posts: 3,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But you do to get the speeds.
    How is this different to any other network or technology?

You have to be in a DC-HSDPA area to get DC-HSDPA speeds on 3...

No network whatsoever offers the same speed to all customers across the whole country.
    Do you grasp it now?

Stop offering comparisons for packages that not everyone can get, it's futile, pointless and childish.
    Says the guy criticizing other people for being "anti 3" and omitting facts and then goes all "anti EE" based on completely false facts and pure misinformation!

A 4GEE Extra plan is no more a "package that not everyone can get" than 3 3G is a "package that not everyone can get".
  • Options
    Deleted_User381237831Deleted_User381237831 Posts: 7,902
    Forum Member
    0800 808 5883

You even get a text after you call lol
  • Options
    sethpetsethpet Posts: 497
    Forum Member
    Anyone can get the 20Gb plan at £47.99 you just won't get the Super speed if not in an area that supports it.
  • Options
    qasdfdsaqqasdfdsaq Posts: 3,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You probably won't get superspeed even in an area that does support it tbh. The main benefits of the 4GEE Extra plans are roaming and higher data allowances. The speed is really meh extra. Remember average speed even in double-speed areas is lower than the 30Mbps cap on non-doublespeed packages.
  • Options
    SkyPlatinumSkyPlatinum Posts: 871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sethpet wrote: »
    Anyone can get the 20Gb plan at £47.99 you just won't get the Super speed if not in an area that supports it.

According to Silent No More they can't when he was very rude to me when I was making a fair comparison between EE and Three. I have given up with him
  • Options
    Lidtop2013Lidtop2013 Posts: 4,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ime and the misses have been on a 24pm contract on the one plan for about 2-3 years, does that mean we won't be capped to 2gb's per month and it will remain as unlimited?

And what happens at the end of the contract, will they move us onto the capped contract?
  • Options
    AlecRAlecR Posts: 554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So basically, the SIM only (i.e. 1 month/12 month) plan still includes unlimited tethering?
  • Options
    Sphinxy1Sphinxy1 Posts: 216
    Forum Member
    AlecR wrote: »
    So basically, the SIM only (i.e. 1 month/12 month) plan still includes unlimited tethering?

Correct.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oops I didn't read above, so basically we should be fine and tethering will remain unlimited for us?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sphinxy1 wrote: »
    Correct.

Reading what Three said officially, doesn't look like it's going anywhere either :).
  • Options
    SomnerSomner Posts: 9,412
    Forum Member
    I was going to go out later this week and get a Galaxy S4 on an unlimited data tariff which they had for £32 per month. All of the prices seem to have increased now. I'll stick with my Virgin Mobile loyalty deals. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    qasdfdsaq wrote: »
    How is this different to any other network or technology?

You have to be in a DC-HSDPA area to get DC-HSDPA speeds on 3...

No network whatsoever offers the same speed to all customers across the whole country.

Says the guy criticizing other people for being "anti 3" and omitting facts and then goes all "anti EE" based on completely false facts and pure misinformation!

A 4GEE Extra plan is no more a "package that not everyone can get" than 3 3G is a "package that not everyone can get".

Really well said mate. Thank you
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It's confusing. In the comments section someone asked

So if you want, can you still provide unlimited tethering but at a cost? What would the cost be?

Hi, no we won’t be offering unlimited tethering. We had to look at ways to improve congestion and have set the 2GB limit to ease this issue.

That doesn't sound like the 12 month plan still has unlimited tethering.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's confusing. In the comments section someone asked

So if you want, can you still provide unlimited tethering but at a cost? What would the cost be?

Hi, no we won’t be offering unlimited tethering. We had to look at ways to improve congestion and have set the 2GB limit to ease this issue.

That doesn't sound like the 12 month plan still has unlimited tethering.
    It's pretty simple.
    Anyone taking out a new contract from today with three on the one plan whether a monthly phone or sim only, irrelevant that it has unlimited data has a limit of 2GB on tethering. Anybody with one plan contracts agreed before today does have unlimited tethering until they decide to change or upgrade their contract. Legacy customers can change to take benefit of the new contract from now ( unlimited texts and free 0800) but if they do so, will lose unlimited tethering. Eventually, there will be no customers on three without a data cap of 2GB on tethering. For new customers looking to tether more then 2GB they are better off avoiding three and going with another company say EE, where if you have a 20GB data cap you can tether the whole 20GB if you so wish. Also remember EE do not traffic manage tethering Three do.

Regards
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's pretty simple.
    Anyone taking out a new contract from today with three on the one plan whether a monthly phone or sim only, irrelevant that it has unlimited data has a limit of 2GB on tethering. Anybody with one plan contracts agreed before today does have unlimited tethering until they changed or upgrade their contract.

Regards

I think the ASA may have to have words! The fact that Three say in beg letters that the SIM-only plans are unchanged can certainly be taken to imply that tethering is still unlimited.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the ASA may have to have words! The fact that Three say in beg letters that the SIM-only plans are unchanged can certainly be taken to imply that tethering is still unlimited.

Correct, but I don't think the ASA will get involved, to be fair to free I doubt it's something they are intentionally advertising to mislead, I think it's an error that will be corrected.
  • Options
    joelukenjoeluken Posts: 250
    Forum Member
    It's pretty simple.
    Anyone taking out a new contract from today with three on the one plan whether a monthly phone or sim only, irrelevant that it has unlimited data has a limit of 2GB on tethering.

When I spoke with Three sales late afternoon I asked them to clarify the position with regard to the 2Gb tethering cap on The One Plan sim only following their announcement today. I was told that The One Plan sim only still offers all-you-can-eat tethering and the 2Gb cap does not apply.

Three's blog announcement also states "Our sim only plans remain unchanged" -

"We feel very strongly that all-you-can-eat data is something we want to continue to be able to offer as many customers as possible. But when that data is used for Personal Hotspots, it can put a strain on our network. We need to protect the network experience for all customers and this is why we’ve taken a decision to put this limit in place.

Our SIM only plans remain unchanged.

To summarise our new 24 month Pay Monthly plans;"

http://blog.three.co.uk/2014/03/18/three-make-0800-numbers-free-on-new-pay-monthly-plans/

EDIT - Just called Three sales again 19:15 and asked for further clarification and was told The One Plan sim only doesn't cap tethering at 2Gb.
  • Options
    wavejockglwwavejockglw Posts: 10,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am not confident that they would leave such an elephant in the room. Check again tomorrow and see if there are changes as the site and blog have been inconsistent today.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    joeluken wrote: »
    When I spoke with Three sales late afternoon I asked them to clarify the position with regard to the 2Gb tethering cap on The One Plan sim only following their announcement today. I was told that The One Plan sim only still offers all-you-can-eat tethering and the 2Gb cap does not apply.

Did you specifically ask them if that applies to people who sign up to the One Plan Sim Only from now or for those who signed up before today?

Three said this on their blog regarding the sim only plan-

"Hi, if you are on an existing SIM plan this will remain unchanged. If you sign up today you will have the 2GB tethering limit. Thanks."
  • Options
    joelukenjoeluken Posts: 250
    Forum Member
    Did you specifically ask them if that applies to people who sign up to the One Plan Sim Only from now or for those who signed up before today?

For a new signing after today. The guy will call me back tomorrow to follow up because I didn't have time there and then.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    joeluken wrote: »

"We feel very strongly that all-you-can-eat data is something we want to continue to be able to offer as many customers as possible. But when that data is used for Personal Hotspots, it can put a strain on our network. We need to protect the network experience for all customers and this is why we’ve taken a decision to put this limit in place.

Our SIM only plans remain unchanged.

To summarise our new 24 month Pay Monthly plans;"

http://blog.three.co.uk/2014/03/18/three-make-0800-numbers-free-on-new-pay-monthly-plans/

EDIT - Just called Three sales again 19:15 and asked for further clarification and was told The One Plan sim only doesn't cap tethering at 2Gb.

It does. Really, think about it. Why would three cap pay monthly phone contracts and not sim only, there is definitely a 2GB tethering cap on sim only plans.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's pretty simple.
    Anyone taking out a new contract from today with three on the one plan whether a monthly phone or sim only, irrelevant that it has unlimited data has a limit of 2GB on tethering. Anybody with one plan contracts agreed before today does have unlimited tethering until they decide to change or upgrade their contract. Legacy customers can change to take benefit of the new contract from now ( unlimited texts and free 0800) but if they do so, will lose unlimited tethering. Eventually, there will be no customers on three without a data cap of 2GB on tethering. For new customers looking to tether more then 2GB they are better off avoiding three and going with another company say EE, where if you have a 20GB data cap you can tether the whole 20GB if you so wish. Also remember EE do not traffic manage tethering Three do.

Regards

Hi mate I understand that anyone who had taken out a one plan contract BEFORE this date won't change BUT............ What happens at the end of the contract, they could move you to the 2GB cap if they wanted to, could they not? Or is that wrong, even when the contract ends if you want it to carry on it has to carry on under the same no cap tethering contract?