Options

Acer 5733Z keyboard.

I wish to change the keyboard on my Acer 5733Z laptop.

According to a YouTube tutorial, it is very easy, having just to unclip six lugs at the top of the keyboard, and pulling the keyboard upwards and out.

I cannot see any lugs on my keyboard. Have I a rogue Acer?

Can anyone help me?.

Comments

• Options
    psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As you say, there should be a set very small of plastic tabs along the top (just above the F keys - they can be very small and hard to see though) - They just need to pushed back with a spudger or thin screwdriver then the keyboard should be able to gently be prised upwards from the top - you'll need a second spudger to help prise it up. Most find it easier to work from one corner and pushing the tabs back in sequence while prising it up from one side. If the old keyboard is totally useless - you may find it easier to pull off the top row of keys as you won't have to worry about the putting them back. The new keyboard should go in easily though and just clip in.
  • Options
    KlauttuKlauttu Posts: 302
    Forum Member
    psionic wrote: »
    As you say, there should be a set very small of plastic tabs along the top (just above the F keys - they can be very small and hard to see though) - They just need to pushed back with a spudger or thin screwdriver then the keyboard should be able to gently be prised upwards from the top - you'll need a second spudger to help prise it up. Most find it easier to work from one corner and pushing the tabs back in sequence while prising it up from one side. If the old keyboard is totally useless - you may find it easier to pull off the top row of keys as you won't have to worry about the putting them back. The new keyboard should go in easily though and just clip in.

Thanks for your very helpful reply.. I am sorry to be late in replying.

Since I posted my query, I have managed to locate the clips, but unsure as to what you mean by the clips being 'pushed back'. Is that downwards, or upwards? It is not well explained even on the YouTube video.

Can you kindly elaborate on that, as I don't want to plunge in and break the clips.
  • Options
    psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Klauttu wrote: »
    Thanks for your very helpful reply.. I am sorry to be late in replying.

Since I posted my query, I have managed to locate the clips, but unsure as to what you mean by the clips being 'pushed back'. Is that downwards, or upwards? It is not well explained even on the YouTube video.

Can you kindly elaborate on that, as I don't want to plunge in and break the clips.

Pushed back away from the keyboard if I remember correctly.
  • Options
    RobinOfLoxleyRobinOfLoxley Posts: 27,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it this video? Seems clear. I doubt you will break the clips.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkp0KTrHHl0